29%

(414 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D0C619A7-3776-4D54-8306-6A8256877E5B (resized).jpeg
F0FCEF64-29AB-4129-AE5C-E53F349B928E (resized).jpeg
gladiator_thumbs_up (resized).jpg
20180510_203408 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Houdini-
Super innovative layout, challenging, it’s a long term keeper. IMDN is also awesome, you can’t go wrong with it either - my sense is there will be a lot of Maidens available on the used market eventually, just because of the volume of Sterns made. Time will tell how IMDN lasts, I am not sure. It sure is fun, but so is Houdini, and Houdini forces you to become a better player, which IMO is very rewarding

weird writing since so many Houdini's are for sale not to long after Owner number one took delivery .
in the past month I seen at least a half dozen Houdini for sale hundreds less than new with add ons being dumped.
So not sure how you reckon a long term keeper ?
I too would hold out on the cash as Iron maiden is best choice but the NIB price has me waiting / I can wait for under 5 k pricing when used . any price higher than 5 k is just Insane !!!!! Bring on the new Sterns so people dump the games to buy the new model...
for what it is all worth in my opinion
Buy a few Older games instead is the best option , as so many great under rated games are out there

if you want a Houdini here is a nice one second hand http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=38979.0

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well.. I’ve played it - a lot- for one. There’s a lot of complaining that the shots are “too tight”, which is another way of saying that you’re not used to games which require precision. I SUCK at the game, but I am seeing myself get better, and i go and shoot a Stern and I can make every shot. That’s not fun for me - although I do think IMDN is a great game and I think I’ll get one eventually too

great point on the tight shots. I imagine though all sterns are not wide open and easy.
Case in point . The Avengers / the game is rather cheap in price for used with the amount of stuff you get and it is all because of the Tight Black widow and other tight shots of this title I assume.
Gets a bad rap , but with custom Pinball browser call outs and music scores I find this game a keeper now. I was going to sell it and now it is such a different layout and tight ass shots than any of my other games it will hopefully make me a better precision shooter in the future .
And anyone wanting a great value only has to look as far as a The avengers LE and or a Magneto/ Hulk Le and you will find such a deal . I mean WOW the amount of stuff in them compared to the under 5400 price of a new stern cost now ,it really screams deal deal deal …..
I love Maidens Albums and is kind of a great theme but I have patience for the used market as I am still in honeymoon phase (longest ever) of my Star wars pro. Enjoy your LE and do not feel ripped. well if you do just do what everyone else is doing flip it for more .. Lol enjoy your game

1 week later
#145 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I can think of a few games I have owned and enjoyed that folks whose opinions I respect have had a strongly dislike for.

well said. For Me Popeye comes to mind . I like it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-vs-alice-cooper-vs-maidenif-you-had-to-pick-1?tu=pinfever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.