• Maiden Pro 222 votes
    54%
  • Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle 70 votes
    17%
  • Houdini 117 votes
    29%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D0C619A7-3776-4D54-8306-6A8256877E5B (resized).jpeg
F0FCEF64-29AB-4129-AE5C-E53F349B928E (resized).jpeg
gladiator_thumbs_up (resized).jpg
20180510_203408 (resized).jpg

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 months ago

Just get all three and you can store Houdini and IMDN at my house and you keep AC at your place. When you want either of the two stored at my house I will bring them over for your to enjoy....

#102 10 months ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Just get all three and you can store Houdini and IMDN at my house and you keep AC at your place. When you want either of the two stored at my house I will bring them over for your to enjoy....

We need a key post on this one...^^^
Brilliant idea!

#103 10 months ago

IMDN just proves you don't need a ton of shit, errr, toys clouding up the playfield to be an awesome game. Lots of toys does not always = FUN

#104 10 months ago

Update:

I just ordered an Iron Maiden Pro

Oh well. There goes the AC money.

Now just need to decide if it's worth moving one of my big $ pins to get Houdini or AC.

#106 10 months ago

It would probably be either GOTLE, TWD Prem, or Stern Pirates. I like them all, so I'm not so sure it's worth it.

The Pirates goes well with my tiki bar and it's a real cherry example. GOT is my favorite show and I may have a little crush on Kaleesi. TWD Prem is just a great pin.

On the other hand my lineup is pretty Stern-heavy. Houdini would add some welcome variety.

All these hot new pins. So hard to have a settled lineup in this hobby.

#107 10 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

It would probably be either GOTLE, TWD Prem, or Stern Pirates. I like them all, so I'm not so sure it's worth it.
The Pirates goes well with my tiki bar and it's a real cherry example. GOT is my favorite show and I may have a little crush on Kaleesi. TWD Prem is just a great pin.
On the other hand my lineup is pretty Stern-heavy. Houdini would add some welcome variety.
All these hot new pins. So hard to have a settled lineup in this hobby.

Problem I have with Stern Pirates is despite liking what Stern did with the theme, it's just a boring game. Had it three times, sold it three times. On your list, it's easily the weakest pin by a country mile.

#108 10 months ago

I think the mob steered me right with Maiden. Let's see what they say on dumping one of my other Sterns for Houdini.

gladiator_thumbs_up (resized).jpg

#109 10 months ago

Good choice on Maiden...Sterns are just more fun and can’t beat the bang for the buck. Spooky games miss the mark. Houdini is good but don’t think it’s great on location if you’re eventually going to go that route.

#110 10 months ago

I don’t know if this argument has been made already however here it is; I would choose Alice cooper due to its rarity. Iron Maiden can be found on location even now and Houdini seems to be available without a premium now as well. However, Alice Cooper won’t likely be on location anywhere and it’ll be more “special” than the others after the hype dies down a bit for all three. Just my two cents.

#111 10 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Good choice on Maiden...Sterns are just more fun and can’t beat the bang for the buck. Spooky games miss the mark. Houdini is good but don’t think it’s great on location if you’re eventually going to go that route.

Houdini is still #1 at the location we have it at. Stiff competition with a Iron Maiden Pro and Attack from Mars LE there, too. Once people try it, Houdini gets a following.

#112 10 months ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I don’t know if this argument has been made already however here it is; I would choose Alice cooper due to its rarity. Iron Maiden can be found on location even now and Houdini seems to be available without a premium now as well. However, Alice Cooper won’t likely be on location anywhere and it’ll be more “special” than the others after the hype dies down a bit for all three. Just my two cents.

Rob Zombie is "rare" and also undesirable in the marketplace. Jetsons is extremely rare. Dominos is rare. Full Throttle is rare. Prices continue to fall on all of them. Expected rarity is not a good basis for this decision. Occasionally you "get lucky" with the rarity decision, as with Tron LE or AC/DC BIBLE, but the losing rarity purchase decisions far outweigh the winners.

If you decide you want an ACNC once it's proven itself, you'll have the opportunity to get one.

#113 10 months ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Fair enough, but if I’m paying over 7k+, (and this may be my opinion only), I’m sick in the stomach if any rare good looking machine plays like a turd and takes up real estate in the game room.

#114 10 months ago

I think the mob steered me right with Maiden. Let's see what they say on dumping one of my other Sterns for Houdini.

As long as you're dumping Stern Pirates, no one is going to say anything because that's the right decision. Pirates to Houdini is an upgrade. The other two are lateral or downgrades.

#115 10 months ago

Also, who wants to buy my Alice Cooper #62? Charlie says they will start shipping in June, so ETA 3 months. I have a $1k deposit down, so my spot is yours for $1k.

If no takers I will honor my purchase and hope for a great pin. And I'll be too broke for Houdini.

#116 10 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I would route Houdini. I probably would not route Alice Cooper.

#117 10 months ago

Also, who wants to buy my Alice Cooper #62? Charlie says they will start shipping in June, so ETA 3 months. I have a $1k deposit down, so my spot is yours for $1k.
If no takers I will honor my purchase and hope for a great pin. And I'll be too broke for Houdini.

I still think you should keep Alice Cooper at least long enough to see how it is when it's done. What about it enticed you to pre-order anyway?

What has changed since then?

#118 10 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I still think you should keep Alice Cooper at least long enough to see how it is when it's done. What about it enticed you to pre-order anyway?
What has changed since then?

Ordered it based on the release photos. Still love the looks, castle, monsters, horror theme, etc. What changed since then is I played a few games in it at a recent show and I didn't connect with the layout. My games were shitty. Couldn't get anything going. Would like more time on it, but don't see that happening considering my early place in line.

Seeing a Bowen tutorial would be a big help.

#119 10 months ago

I can't speak on Alice Cooper game.

I was not excited about Houdini after I actually got to play the game. While it was certainly more creative and unique then the "Let's throw out another license folks". Gameplay was a big negative for me. I wanted to believe in this game I really did. I'm sure some people will find it entertaining but by no means a dream machine.

I purchased an Iron Maiden Pro. Kind of wish I waited for a Premium. Hell it's not to late to update. Anyhow I love this game it has everything going for it. Nice tight shots, great artwork, and for the most part awesome animation and code.

Wonder why Total Anhiliation didn't make it into this list. Kind of want that now.

#120 10 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I purchased an Iron Maiden Pro. Kind of wish I waited for a Premium. Hell it's not to late to update. Anyhow I love this game it has everything going for it. Nice tight shots, great artwork, and for the most part awesome animation and code.

Go for the premium, you won’t regret it. I have the LE and love the extra features. They may not look like much on the screen but in person they are great, especially with a shaker.

#121 10 months ago

For the love of god, do it. You may be selling IMDN in a few months anyway

#122 10 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

You should def wait for the premium. Either way this game is F ing amazing!

Shots really aren't that tight, just every one is meaningful. Not like TWD which can be brutal.

#123 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For the love of god, do it. You may be selling IMDN in a few months anyway

Well, tastes vary... looks like you have Dialed In. I sold my DILE within a month, man that was annoying, and IMDN is up there with the best of the best imo. Might be worth getting a Houdini into the home environment. I had a tough time enjoying it at TPF and Cidercade but that may not be a fair sample, although my friends had the the same experience. With DILE, it really has an amazing Lawlor layout but I vastly prefer TZ. Maybe I needed more time to appreciate it but the cell phone, art, music and call outs were as rough on me as IMDN is on some people here...

#125 10 months ago

If you like theme more than gameplay, go for Houdini.

If you like gameplay more than theme, go for Iron Maiden.

Wait and see on ACNC.

#126 10 months ago

#127 10 months ago
Quoted from Russell:

If you like theme more than gameplay, go for Houdini.
If you like gameplay more than theme, go for Iron Maiden.
Wait and see on ACNC.

Note that I am not trashing Maiden, but you've got that backwards

#128 10 months ago

I'm pretty much sold now on Maiden AND Houdini

Didn't we just discuss this?

Don't feel bad. I though my GOT-LE was a keeper too.

#129 10 months ago

Dump Pirates get Houdini...done and done.

#130 10 months ago

If the poll was music Alice vs Maiden, I vote Alice all day. Favorite theme, Houdini gets my vote. Best pinball, equals fun. Alice not so good, Houdini shots to darn tight and Maiden just fun to play.

#131 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Dump Pirates get Houdini...done and done.

Agreed. If he dumps Pirates he has a very clean and diverse lineup with GoTLE (Dwight), TWDLE (Lyman), Maiden (Elwin), and Houdini (Kugler/Balcer). Very nice lineup with those pins.

#132 10 months ago

I’m considering a Houdini as well and have a deposit on a ACNC which I most likely will sell back. I was told yesterday I would hate Houdini. The opinions on this game are all over the place

#133 10 months ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I’m considering a Houdini as well and have a deposit on a ACNC which I most likely will sell back. I was told yesterday I would hate Houdini. The opinions on this game are all over the place

Go try them before you decide to buy anything. I know that is more difficult with ACNC, but what other people think of a game and what you think of a game could be very different.

#134 10 months ago

Hate is a pretty strong word. I can see someone finding it too challenging or too frustrating, especially if you are someone who just likes to shoot ramps that feed nice and easy back to the flippers. When you have a really good game on Houdini, it is incredibly satisfying. I can have 2 minute games and I can have 20 minute games, hard to do well if you are not concentrating on your play -- thus the reason may owners have said it has made them a better player overall. It is far more in the vein of TSPP and TZ then say, LOTR or MM

As I have been saying since the time it came out, Houdini is not for everyone, and while getting the thoughts of others on a machine is always good, I would never eliminate a game from a buying decision based solely on the opinions of others. I can think of a few games I have owned and enjoyed that folks whose opinions I respect have had a strongly dislike for.

#135 10 months ago

Another update:

Someone has claimed my AC spot, so I am free to get a Houdini! Still need to figure out which pin to sell, but all in due time. Thank you all for helping me to choose, even though I was only supposed to get one.

#136 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Hate is a pretty strong word. I can see someone finding it too challenging or too frustrating, especially if you are someone who just likes to shoot ramps that feed nice and easy back to the flippers. When you have a really good game on Houdini, it is incredibly satisfying. I can have 2 minute games and I can have 20 minute games, hard to do well if you are not concentrating on your play -- thus the reason may owners have said it has made them a better player overall. It is far more in the vein of TSPP and TZ then say, LOTR or MM
As I have been saying since the time it came out, Houdini is not for everyone, and while getting the thoughts of others on a machine is always good, I would never eliminate a game from a buying decision based solely on the opinions of others. I can think of a few games I have owned and enjoyed that folks whose opinions I respect have had a strongly dislike for.

I was told the game was good just not my style. I was going to pair it with a DI.

#137 10 months ago

who wants to buy my Alice Cooper #62? Charlie says they will start shipping in June, so ETA 3 months.

Someone has claimed my AC spot,

good for you. for fun and games it will be interesting to keep abreast of when #62 actaully ships. im going with sometime in October.

#138 10 months ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I was told yesterday I would hate Houdini.

Well I'm telling you today you'll love it.

LTG : )

#139 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well I'm telling you today you'll love it.
LTG : )

#140 10 months ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I was told the game was good just not my style. I was going to pair it with a DI.

You will like it. A friend has both Houdini and Dialed In. The go great together.

#141 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Rob Zombie is "rare" and also undesirable in the marketplace. Jetsons is extremely rare. Dominos is rare. Full Throttle is rare. Prices continue to fall on all of them. Expected rarity is not a good basis for this decision. Occasionally you "get lucky" with the rarity decision, as with Tron LE or AC/DC BIBLE, but the losing rarity purchase decisions far outweigh the winners.
If you decide you want an ACNC once it's proven itself, you'll have the opportunity to get one.

I can’t disagree. Rarity is not necessarily an indication of value. However, it seems that spooky may be around longer than American Pinball. (If worried about support) Not basing that on anything other than the fact that they can’t possibly be making a profit until the 500th Houdini and spooky will be making tna until 2020! Iron Maiden will be able to be had for 4500 next year just based on volume of nib shipments. Again this is mostly anicdotal but all roads lead to acnc for me on this one. And most of all it looks really fun! I did play Iron Maiden this weekend and it was so fun just hitting the loops over and over.

F0FCEF64-29AB-4129-AE5C-E53F349B928E (resized).jpeg

D0C619A7-3776-4D54-8306-6A8256877E5B (resized).jpeg

#142 10 months ago

Agreed. ACNC is stunning and *might* end up being something special. A kind of mix between Mystery Castle and No Fear. The layout certainly looks like nothing else Spooky has previously done.

Iron Maiden is loads of fun but definitely mass market vs. Spooky's boutique orientation. Right now, Pinball's a big banquet table and there's room for all. And staff numbers are probably at least 10 to 1 in favor of Stern. Much larger company.

#143 10 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Well, tastes vary... looks like you have Dialed In. I sold my DILE within a month, man that was annoying, and IMDN is up there with the best of the best imo. Might be worth getting a Houdini into the home environment. I had a tough time enjoying it at TPF and Cidercade but that may not be a fair sample, although my friends had the the same experience. With DILE, it really has an amazing Lawlor layout but I vastly prefer TZ. Maybe I needed more time to appreciate it but the cell phone, art, music and call outs were as rough on me as IMDN is on some people here...

I sure don't want any pin that takes photos of me sucking at playing...

#144 10 months ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I sure don't want any pin that takes photos of me sucking at playing...

LOL that is definitely a real thing - most of the pics it takes of me are REALLY ANGRY because I just drained my last ball right before a critical shot! Haha

#145 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

I can think of a few games I have owned and enjoyed that folks whose opinions I respect have had a strongly dislike for.

well said. For Me Popeye comes to mind . I like it

1 week later
#146 10 months ago

Houdini
I would not buy any band pinballs for
HUO. The music and themes wear on me quickly.

#147 10 months ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I did play Iron Maiden this weekend and it was so fun just hitting the loops over and over.

That's what scares me about it. I don't know becasue I haven't played one yet but it looks like it might be a little on the "easy" side.

#148 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's what scares me about it. I don't know becasue I haven't played one yet but it looks like it might be a little on the "easy" side.

I wouldn't let that deter you, this game is far from easy--most of us will never make it to the multiple wizard modes. Keith packed so many shots (and some are pretty tough) into Maiden that it is almost mind numbing. The two shots off the upper left flipper make Gem seem easy.

#149 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I've been playing it pretty hard for over a month and have yet to see Number of the Beast Wizard Mode or Run to the Hills Super Wizard mode at all. Been close to Number of the Beast a few times, but I need to go through that to get to Run to the Hills, and that seems a long way off, still. It's plenty hard if you leave the outlanes wide open and limit extra balls to 1 or 2.

#150 10 months ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I wouldn't let that deter you, this game is far from easy--most of us will never make it to the multiple wizard modes. Keith packed so many shots (and some are pretty tough) into Maiden that it is almost mind numbing. The two shots off the upper left flipper make Gem seem easy.

Quoted from vireland:

I've been playing it pretty hard for over a month and have yet to see Number of the Beast Wizard Mode or Run to the Hills Super Wizard mode at all. Been close to Number of the Beast a few times, but I need to go through that to get to Run to the Hills, and that seems a long way off, still. It's plenty hard if you leave the outlanes wide open and limit extra balls to 1 or 2.

By easy I mean longish ball times...not completing the game. LOTR is an "easy" game to me but I've never been close to Valinor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 19.95
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Sale Pending!
West Bloomfield Township, MI
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 26.50
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside