Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by konjurer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey All! Anyone know if Houdini has a virtual lock setting? If so, where the eff is the setting? The damn catapult is super inconsistent so I would rather just turn it off.

Any info is greatly appreicated

#2 2 years ago

The manual does not describe a way to disable the trunk. It would not surprise me if the software could compensate (in case of an error), you should ask rosh I believe he programmed it.

#3 2 years ago

I recall the game remembering locked balls in the trunk when my catapult missed.

However, the power upgrade kit offered by AP fixed my issue with missed or inconsistent catapult shots.

#4 2 years ago

There are other reasons to make this catapult mech more fault tolerant. The way the machine was designed it is super easy to sheer the wire off the switch to the upper catapult when you lift the playfield. Mine's working at the moment but it has been a minor recurring issue. If you are not a great solderer it can be difficult to fix. Such a feature would be easy to fix with software. If the upper catapult switch doesn't register with X milliseconds, then fire the upper catapult to clear the ball. It is embarrassing to having to wait for a ball search cycle when friends are seeing Houdini for the first time.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside