Houdini decals (resized).JPG
20180226_134025 (resized).jpg
sample-plate (resized).png
rivets-sample (resized).png
sample.png
sample.jpg
#1 6 years ago

NOW FOR SALE:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/01503-houdini-target-amp-metal-guide-decal-set

PHOTOS HERE:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-target-decals-set-interest-check#post-4265419

Well folks after finishing TNA and Road Show last month, time to gear up for 2018 with a new set for American Pinball's Houdini. Set will include 23 targets and clear decals with rivets for ball guides. Special thanks to ZMeny for measuring and testing the decals.

6 targets for SEANCE
6 targets for ESCAPE
1 Key Lane Target
1 Spinner Bracket decal
1 Plunger lane blocker bracket decal
1 scoop decal
1 Milkcan entrance decal
4 metal guide rivet clear decals

sample.jpgsample.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Very cool - always like to see target decals available for games and @flashinstinct's are top quality!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

6 targets for ESCAPE

Colors for targets look on target.

The ESCAPE targets, move your towards jail escapes, vs say a trunk escape, so, food for thought.

Magic targets also help advance you through modes, at first, not knowing there are magnets under the hand is part of the fun, so, again, food for thought.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Colors for targets look on target.
The ESCAPE targets, move your towards jail escapes, vs say a trunk escape, so, food for thought.
Magic targets also help advance you through modes, at first, not knowing there are magnets under the hand is part of the fun, so, again, food for thought.

rosh what does key lane do?

#5 6 years ago

i would be interested

#6 6 years ago

rosh what does key lane do?

The key target's primary purpose is to open the stage. A shot straight through the pops (without hitting them) that hits the target will immediately open the stage. The original idea was that Houdini would typically hide keys, so you needed a key before you could do an illusion/escape. Otherwise X hits of the target off the pops will open the stage. In the very beginning the only way to open the stage was on the shot through the pops, but that clearly was going to be too hard, and given that the stage just screams 'bash me', that change to also allow bashing the stage to open it was made prior to TPF. So no one has had to play it the 'tough way', outside of Jim, Joe and I. The shot through stage alley to open the stage with a single hit was added more recently. Shooting that as your way to the stage can be very valuable, not just for easy opening, but it doubles the value of the mode.

One of the Jail escapes requires you to hit the target (although depending on settings you can get credit for the hurry-up just via the lane)

The lane itself is used in some modes, off the top of my head, water torture, walk through walls, bullet catch.

Needles uses that target, among others, for increasing the value of switch hits.

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Art slightly changed with Rosh's explanation of a few things. I've kept the trunk for placement for the targets beside the magic shop. I mean I guess people will be able to do what they want. These will be printed on a metallic feel polypropylene stock, the copper and seance target will look amazing in that along with the trunk and chains.

Like always, comments are always welcome....final sizing in affect.

Image are low res for sample only.

sample.jpgsample.jpg

#8 6 years ago

I’m pumped to put these on! Great work as always Flash!

#9 6 years ago

I'm in for a set when they are ready

#11 6 years ago

Last but not least....the rivets samples on the metal ball guides (pictured bottom right in this picture, one with one without for comparison). Set will include enough to cover a few areas of your choice. Obviously sticker demarcation will be somewhat noticeable like any sticker. Good news is that the ball would not come into contact with the sticker frequently so little to no wear there. Also you will be able to put it at the top or bottom or both like the sample. Dealer's choice.
Include? Not include? Modify?

rivets-sample (resized).pngrivets-sample (resized).png

#12 6 years ago

Include ....

#13 6 years ago

Looks awesome

#14 6 years ago

Include. Subtle, but looks good and the more the better!

#15 6 years ago

Small Update. Added pressure gauge, houdini plate and some bolted anchers on the left and right to give the impression the anchers were holding the gate. Rust flakes and ware added to spinner decal. I've received more sizing inof today and have made modifications. Getting closer to end.

sample-plate (resized).pngsample-plate (resized).png

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Include. Subtle, but looks good and the more the better!

Adding stuff is nicebut comes at a price...

#17 6 years ago

Adding stuff is nicebut comes at a price...

Understood. Worth it to me.

#18 6 years ago

Price is?

#20 6 years ago

Don't forget the Canadian brother discount !

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Don't forget the Canadian brother discount !

Its not like im printing 100000 of these. With low runs comes extra cost.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

nice decals guy. i have a few in mind.

Have a few in my mind for this set or you have mod ideas for Houdini?

#25 6 years ago

Its not like im printing 100000 of these. With low runs comes extra cost.

Not to mention you deserve to be paid for your time working on this. These things don't just appear out of thin air at the printer.

#26 6 years ago

Have a few in my mind for this set or you have mod ideas for Houdini?

nice set, i will be in a soon as i get the game. yes i do have a few ideas for houdini.

#27 6 years ago

Just missing measurements and sizing test for metal guide rivets.... I've got my fiel ready. Just need someone to print the sheet and place on guide and send me a picture. If someone is in front of a Houdini today and has 2 minutes to spare to size them up let me know.

#28 6 years ago

Heading to print, orders will start next week.

#30 6 years ago

Hey, Looks awesome but a Strong recommendation. You posted this in the store in high resolution with no mask. Way to easy to simply save pic and load into a Silouette printer. Put some Sample or scribble over the image so all your Awesome work isn't just copied! You worked to hard on this to have every knucklehead in the world copy it! Looks great

#31 6 years ago

That preview isn't nearly high rez enough to print nicely. Anyone who went through all that effort would just end up with some low rez decals.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey, Looks awesome but a Strong recommendation. You posted this in the store in high resolution with no mask. Way to easy to simply save pic and load into a Silouette printer. Put some Sample or scribble over the image so all your Awesome work isn't just copied! You worked to hard on this to have every knucklehead in the world copy it! Looks great

I've saved some work for the douchebags that would try and then complain that they are not high res enough to pirate by adding a wordmark. LOL

#33 6 years ago

I've saved some work for the douchebags that would try and then complain that they are not high res enough to pirate by adding a wordmark. LOL

I was just trying to help. Low res or not you worked hard on the design and you should be Paid for a great product/creation! Resolution when printing a 3/4" sticker to most is not that critical. Glad you updated the image to protect and look forward to ordering a set when my game finally arrives!!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I was just trying to help. Low res or not you worked hard on the design and you should be Paid for a great product/creation! Resolution when printing a 3/4" sticker to most is not that critical. Glad you updated the image to protect and look forward to ordering a set when my game finally arrives!!

I know just pulling your leg a little. Thanks for the feedback

#37 6 years ago

Was hoping to send these out today but missing the metal guides decals which arrive tomorrow. But they look great.

20180226_134025 (resized).jpg20180226_134025 (resized).jpg

#38 6 years ago

FIRST BATCH SHIPPING OUT TONIGHT Finally got the clear decals. Can't wait for your feedback guys. Be on the lookout for a small white cardboard envelop folks.

#39 6 years ago

Can't wait to see who's going to get them first

#40 6 years ago

i live about 1 1/2 - 2 hours away from you, it might be tomorrow.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i live about 1 1/2 - 2 hours away from you, it might be tomorrow.

You might be sursprised.

#42 6 years ago

You might be sursprised.

True.... I sent some airborne stickers to 2 Pinsiders , one in Texas and one in Winnipeg. The one sent to to the states took 3 days and Winnipeg to 10! ?

#43 6 years ago

I ordered FlashInstincts Road Show decals and they look great. Really cleans up all the standup targets in the game. I am sure the same quality and detail are produced in the Houdini stickers as well. Thanks again for selling a great product.

#44 6 years ago

Received mine today. All installed.

very nice kit, well done and definitely a must for this game.
love the escape decals, nice touch on top of the right scoop and the lower catapult entrance.

thanks Guy.

bob.

Houdini decals (resized).JPGHoudini decals (resized).JPG
houdini target decals (resized).JPGhoudini target decals (resized).JPG
houdini target decals2 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals2 (resized).JPG
houdini target decals3 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals3 (resized).JPG
houdini target decals4 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals4 (resized).JPG
houdini target decals5 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals5 (resized).JPG
houdini target decals6 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals6 (resized).JPG

houdini target decals7 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals7 (resized).JPG

#45 6 years ago

Now all i need is for my game to arrive. Thanks for posting pics.

#46 6 years ago

Mine arrived .... Thank you!
Nice work!

#47 6 years ago

Whew doggie, these new target decals from Flash Instinct for Houdini are slick. Keeping watching SDTM: a pinball channel to win a set for your Houdini.

4137E51D-1AAA-49AD-A65C-309B76510835 (resized).jpeg4137E51D-1AAA-49AD-A65C-309B76510835 (resized).jpeg

20E845DE-82D3-4E01-98FC-D27081E87C91 (resized).jpeg20E845DE-82D3-4E01-98FC-D27081E87C91 (resized).jpeg

6BBFDCA9-47FD-43BB-B1B0-982B0AC6D2BF (resized).jpeg6BBFDCA9-47FD-43BB-B1B0-982B0AC6D2BF (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-target-decals-set-interest-check?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.