ch.gif
So many bricks-you could build a wall.jpg
Shooting bricks.png
061B600C-3EB0-44A1-B3DA-C32CD54636C8 (resized).jpeg
jerk (resized).jpg
E44AF033-4ECE-4483-B6EC-6B33CDCA9750 (resized).jpeg
0745FBEE-5C69-4C04-A444-DD191229B490 (resized).jpeg
988992F0-9E09-4EDB-A107-94362ACD7929 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Jjp has consistently held a very high value

Except for Hobbit. It took a hit once people played it for a while and realized it wasn't good. The newer code has helped, but it's still the worst resale of all the JJPs.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Which is still above 6k

And cost $2k more than Houdini new. Nothing to brag about. A bigger drop.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

The point I’m making is ya ain’t seeing potc jjp in a year at 6k. Period.

jjPotC isn't the crappy Hobbit. But even acknowledging that, it's hard to make your statement definitively. We're definitely getting to a saturation point on new pins that is starting to affect the used market pricing.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

PSS Hobbit has tanked way more than Houdini.

Word.

Quoted from rotordave:

PSSS as the market gets completely over saturated with new games, expect to see this happen with pretty much every title. Only so much money to go around.
rd

Plus, if Deeproot isn't actually a disaster it will only accelerate this trend by adding even more pins to the annual mix. We're talking like 12 or so new pins a year (spitballing: 4 Stern (cornerstone+vault), 2 JJP, 2 AP, 1-2 Spooky, 1 CGC, 2 Deeproot), which is way too much for the current base IMO.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Curious to see where Beatles Diamond will land. I dislike this recent artificial scarcity trend and hope it goes away.

This is a good time to mention that it's been almost 10 weeks with zero Beatles Gold sales on the beatles official site. Beatles fans are not dumb, and not that into pinball. So hopefully this is the end of the action figure pack marketing model.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I sold my STLE two years after buying it for more than I paid for it. Let me know when a two year old JJP game sells for even close to what it originally cost including shipping. The fact that JJP Limited Editions are in no way "limited" has something to do with it, but the lack of fun and the $9000+ original cost are the real culprits.

You can't compare a Stern LE to a JJP LE. They're not the same levels since the companies use different terminology.

JJP CE = Stern LE
JJP LE = Stern Premium
JJP Standard = Stern Pro

#74 5 years ago

What's so funny? I was explaining the tiers at the two companies (as was 100% clear from the full context, not the one line you quoted), not implying that a Stern Pro can sniff the balls of a JJP Standard in build quality or features/toys.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Sold out because Prius bought them all and are selling to their fans....

Toyota's warehousing pins now?

Quoted from NPO:

Please be right. Man, I so hope you're right. I'm ready to buy ST:TNG, TZ, and a couple others for $3500 ALL DAY LONG, even with blown out PFs since those have mirco replacements available, while everyone moves on with the "ooooo shiney". Longevity and knowing I can service 90s DMD pins along with the nostalgia wins me over every single time.

I'll take a dirt cheap Shadow, please. Already have the new playfield.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Cabinets are not splitting, boards are not grenading, and playfields not ghosting/chipping unlike certain competitors.

Agree with all your other points and think Houdini is actually a great strategic game in a collection, but Houdini playfields ARE cracking and chipping at the scoop because AP cheaped out and didn't put a cliffy there to protect the lip from hard kickouts (from the inconsistent kicker strength). They could have easily prevented it, and I warned them it was a trouble spot after playing it at Pinagogo like 6 months before release. Unfortunately it looks like Oktoberfest will be the same setup, so at least some owners will have the playfields crack and/or chip at the lip in front of the bevel.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Met pro it's better than any game produced by jjp.

Having protracted Stern vs JJP pissing match in an AP thread. Classic Pinside.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

A Munsters Pro just went for $4,800 - that was a very fast drop. I think these nose dives have more to do with the overall market and impatient sellers. There are so many new titles coming out this year. And in some areas there just are not a lot of potential buyers. If you want to make a quick sale in February of 2019 you gotta drop the price. I think some people are looking for a quick sale to make bank for their next purchase.

Yeah, but it was in the boondocks way up in Maine, hence the price. For 90% of the pinball community that's $300 minimum in shipping and if you're west coast, $500, which puts it at the $5100-$5300 range out of pocket, right in the range you'd expect for a play and dump new pro release.

1 week later
#241 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

If an experienced player can hardly hit these then a casual player will never hit them. They are poorly designed or untested shots.

Nope. I see casuals hitting them all the time on the route machine because they do not have the muscle memory that is messing up the shot for experienced players shooting for where their ingrained memory tells them the fan shot should be. More experience is actually an impediment on Houdini. Casuals that play it exclusively on the route I help with do quite well on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-talk-about-taking-a-nose-dive-?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.