Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

alicegolfing01 (resized).jpg
Snap41 (resized).jpg
06A7AEA2-FBED-467E-96C2-015B31323AC5 (resized).jpeg
295CF6E0-02E4-40CB-8E07-DD85ECE5436A (resized).jpeg
IMG_1310 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ch.gif
So many bricks-you could build a wall.jpg
Shooting bricks.png
061B600C-3EB0-44A1-B3DA-C32CD54636C8 (resized).jpeg
jerk (resized).jpg
E44AF033-4ECE-4483-B6EC-6B33CDCA9750 (resized).jpeg
0745FBEE-5C69-4C04-A444-DD191229B490 (resized).jpeg
988992F0-9E09-4EDB-A107-94362ACD7929 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 months ago

Houdini is fun, especially with the newest software and a few tweaks including the new power supply. It is also really well built, has great sound, music and art. To each his own. Not a top ten pin, but a lot of fun none the less. Price aside, I would rather play Houdini than any DI, TH or WOZ. Not bad for a first offering from AP. And please, do not compare this game to Thunderbirds LOL.

#58 9 months ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Jjp has consistently held a very high value

I sold my STLE two years after buying it for more than I paid for it. Let me know when a two year old JJP game sells for even close to what it originally cost including shipping. The fact that JJP Limited Editions are in no way "limited" has something to do with it, but the lack of fun and the $9000+ original cost are the real culprits.

#61 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

This is a good time to mention that it's been almost 10 weeks with zero Beatles Gold sales on the beatles official site. Beatles fans are not dumb, and not that into pinball. So hopefully this is the end of the action figure pack marketing model.

Seems like they are all over the place in Florida, so pinball people are buying them even if the music people might not be. Not surprising. I know an OP who bought four of the Golds.

#66 9 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Did you buy your STLE NIB?

Yep. And not a sweetheart deal either. I don't buy enough NIB to get the secret third degree handshake price.

1 week later
#301 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Thats how API recommends the setup.
6.0 to 6.2 degres.
Im at about 6.1 right now.

Dang I didn't know that. I have mine set up with the levelers similar to a Stern or Williams game. It plays fine...

#317 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I elongated the hole in the mounting brackets of the C target and second E target to move them each outwards from the lane about 3/16" each.
Widening the inner loop lane 3/8"
Now the lane is wider than a lot of games.
None of the other lanes need adjusting, they are easy to make.
This has substantially changed gameplay for the better!
My game flows like butter!

Yeah this is similar to what we did. The outer right orbit can be super narrow and still easy to hit by hitting the ball on the rail and letting the rail do the rest. The lock shot is now slightly easier and that is all that is needed to make the game play much better.

#328 8 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

That milk can shot, for example, requires a 'freak of nature' to make.

When I was installing the plastic protectors and Cliffy protectors, I had that area exposed. I bent the guide on the back side of the milk can shot so the guide is as close as possible and actually touching the rubber post at the entry. It literally only moved a couple of millimeters but it made a big difference on the number of rejections at the entry. I can honestly make this shot nice and clean at a good rate now where before I got a lot of rejections and basically hit it by luck or off the right slingshot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside