Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 65 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Houdini-IO Board (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

All,

Anyone have the motor installed? Wondering if it's worth adding to this gorgeous machine.

Tim

#2 4 months ago

Just came out, I don’t think anyone has it yet

#3 4 months ago

Where can you purchase it at??? I don’t see it on the site.

#4 4 months ago

To the best of my knowledge they haven’t released them for sale yet but are super close. I keep checking the store on the American Pinball website.

#5 4 months ago

Distros are asking if you want them preinstalled, I’m sure later on they will be available. I’ve been waiting so damn long I don’t want any more delays. It is getting ridiculous that tiny distributors have had TONS of games go out but the big guys aren’t able to service their own customers

#6 4 months ago

Are these hard to install?

Tim

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Tim

Pre wired for easy install 4 bolts and the T nuts already installed from factory

#8 4 months ago

Sweet!

#9 4 months ago

Excited to feel this game with a shaker. Wonder when the game will shake.

Tim

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Tim

6 Screws
1 Connector
4 Wire Ties
1 Setting change

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Excited to feel this game with a shaker. Wonder when the game will shake.
Tim

It will shake with the Pop Bumpers during the Vanishing Elephant mode, Catapult throw and a few more places.

#12 4 months ago

Shaker motor will be any day now.. We are waiting on the cables to be delivered from the vendor.

1 week later
#13 3 months ago

Any update here? Somewhat patiently waiting lol

#14 3 months ago

After reviewing two games which are currently being burned in at the company side by side for testing and potential needs for bulletproofing, I would pause before installing a shaker motor. Potential for cold solder joints on the main playfield coil transistor driver board. My opinion as a technician. Anyone that has owned games like Roadshow can relate to what I am sharing.

I am not against Houdini, AP, or shaker motors.

#15 3 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

After reviewing two games which are currently being burned in at the company side by side for testing and potential needs for bulletproofing, I would pause before installing a shaker motor. Potential for cold solder joints on the main playfield coil transistor driver board. My opinion as a technician. Anyone that has owned games like Roadshow can relate to what I am sharing.
I am not against Houdini, AP, or shaker motors.

Aren't all those driver boards P-ROC from Multimorphic?

#16 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Aren't all those driver boards P-ROC from Multimorphic?

I cannot confirm that all final production boards are from the Multimorphic proprietary design.
This would be best answered by AP, as I did not have time to review any schematics, or if they were available last week in the shop.

I did see that all I/O control boards were Multimorphic P-ROC (dipswitch modifiable), but these are all SMD electronics with no mounted components, and are not the concern. The PCB I am referring is directly in the middle of the playfield, which operates all primary feature coils, right above the pop bumpers. In the past, pinball manufacturers placed this type of board in the backbox for a reason.

1 week later
#17 3 months ago

Shaker motor is now available on American Pinball's website for $99.95 for anyone that missed it in the main thread.

#18 3 months ago

Should start to see some comments on it.. I have some coming Friday that has them in it for customers who ordered so for sure it will start hitting peoples homes

#19 3 months ago

I cannot confirm that all final production boards are from the Multimorphic proprietary design.
This would be best answered by AP, as I did not have time to review any schematics, or if they were available last week in the shop.
I did see that all I/O control boards were Multimorphic P-ROC (dipswitch modifiable), but these are all SMD electronics with no mounted components, and are not the concern. The PCB I am referring is directly in the middle of the playfield, which operates all primary feature coils, right above the pop bumpers. In the past, pinball manufacturers placed this type of board in the backbox for a reason.

This is the board you're talking about. It's branded Multimorphic.

Stern is putting all the coil driver boards under the PF these days on Spike. It's not like AP is the only one doing it.

Houdini-IO Board (resized).jpg

#20 3 months ago

Quoted from vireland:

This is the board you're talking about. It's branded Multimorphic.
Stern is putting all the coil driver boards under the PF these days on Spike. It's not like AP is the only one doing it.

There are a couple of AP/Houdini specific boards in the machine, one in the cabinet that interfaces with cabinet components, e.g. start button, shaker, etc. the other is under the playfield and is for the optos and the servos. Both the AP and multimorphic boards are primarily SMD, as you can see in the photo of the multimorphic driver board, the primary parts that are through hole are the FETs, since those you would want to be user serviceable.

Quoted from Gexchange:

Should start to see some comments on it.. I have some coming Friday that has them in it for customers who ordered so for sure it will start hitting peoples homes

Over a dozen have shipped out to current owners, and I know some have been factory installed and shipped.

1 month later
#21 69 days ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

All,
Anyone have the motor installed? Wondering if it's worth adding to this gorgeous machine.
Tim

I put the shaker in my Houdini myself. Took 20 minutes. Love it! I have had no issues with it shaking the pin apart. I have had it a while now. I put a shaker in my standard LOTR also. My ST pro has one and my LAH. Love all of them.

#22 69 days ago

I just installed one in a friend's game in Jackson MI. It really adds to the game play.

#23 66 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put the shaker in my Houdini myself. Took 20 minutes. Love it! I have had no issues with it shaking the pin apart. I have had it a while now. I put a shaker in my standard LOTR also. My ST pro has one and my LAH. Love all of them.

I agree - it really adds to the experience. Love how the Elephant stomps shake the machine as an example.

#24 66 days ago

+1, Shaker motor a must for this pin.
Adds nice depth.

#25 66 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put the shaker in my Houdini myself. Took 20 minutes. Love it!

Quoted from Rferullo:

I agree - it really adds to the experience. Love how the Elephant stomps shake the machine as an example.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

+1, Shaker motor a must for this pin.
Adds nice depth.

Happy to hear, as I've commented before, wanted to find that right balance of enough and appropriate use to enhance game play, but not so much that it loses effectiveness. I will say that when I play a machine without it, I do miss it.

#26 66 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Happy to hear, as I've commented before, wanted to find that right balance of enough and appropriate use to enhance game play, but not so much that it loses effectiveness. I will say that when I play a machine without it, I do miss it.

Looking forward to the knocker Rosh!

#27 65 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Looking forward to the knocker Rosh!

I hear he's a fan of knockers. But really, who isn't?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside