20171230_132000 (resized).jpg
20171230_130532 (resized).jpg
20171230_130318 (resized).jpg
20171230_130100 (resized).jpg
20171230_124909 (resized).jpg
20171230_124750 (resized).jpg
20171230_124444 (resized).jpg
20171230_124159 (resized).jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Checking the AP site:
http://american-pinball.com
Looks like the release should be coming soon! Starting this thread so that I can share information with others who are expecting their game!
As this is my first new in box I'm hoping to get as much information and support for this game.

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

A little ... Distro sent me my invoice today ... All in now!

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

yep in, a few weeks ago.

can't wait to mod the hell out of it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Haven't seen the Houdini mods... Want to share what you have in mind?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Haven't seen the Houdini mods... Want to share what you have in mind?

no worries, in time.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yep in, a few weeks ago.

20171230_124159 (resized).jpg20171230_124159 (resized).jpg

20171230_124444 (resized).jpg20171230_124444 (resized).jpg

20171230_124750 (resized).jpg20171230_124750 (resized).jpg

20171230_124909 (resized).jpg20171230_124909 (resized).jpg

20171230_130100 (resized).jpg20171230_130100 (resized).jpg

20171230_130318 (resized).jpg20171230_130318 (resized).jpg

20171230_130532 (resized).jpg20171230_130532 (resized).jpg

20171230_132000 (resized).jpg20171230_132000 (resized).jpg

20171230_131952 (resized).jpg20171230_131952 (resized).jpg

20171230_132056 (resized).jpg20171230_132056 (resized).jpg

20171230_133929 (resized).jpg20171230_133929 (resized).jpg

20171230_135018 (resized).jpg20171230_135018 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Nice ... First unboxing! How do you find the legs with the Allen/ as opposed to the regular bolts?
Fun game?

#9 6 years ago

Awesome Mike! First unboxing pix. Do u think you'll get more this week?

#10 6 years ago

yes I am getting more as soon as they can build them.

#11 6 years ago

like the OP i'm in, pre-paid, not like i already have it, lucky you!

#12 6 years ago

I have been in a few months. Sold 2 games for room and funding of it. Can't wait!

#13 6 years ago

I’m in. Can’t wait!

#14 6 years ago

Waiting on some reviews and to see how well everything works before pulling the trigger.
This is a theme that really does it for me, gonna be my first NIB if I hear good things from people who get it.

3 weeks later
#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Waiting on some reviews and to see how well everything works before pulling the trigger.
This is a theme that really does it for me, gonna be my first NIB if I hear good things from people who get it.

Check out SDTM pinball on YouTube and Twitch

1 month later
#17 6 years ago

Ordered mine yesterday. My first NIB pin. Might see it in a month or so.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Nice ... First unboxing! How do you find the legs with the Allen/ as opposed to the regular bolts?
Fun game?

Got my Houdini on Tuesday. The Allen bolts are an interesting thought...the allen wrench doesn't fit very well on mine...slips a bit when you try to tighten them...other than that a beautiful game. Only have a couple plays on it already but really liking it so far.

#19 6 years ago

Damn... really
Hoping I can get mine soon... been waiting for months and months!!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

The Allen bolts are an interesting thought...the allen wrench doesn't fit very well on mine...slips a bit when you try to tighten them.

Mine was the same way

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn... really
Hoping I can get mine soon... been waiting for months and months!!

Is it a standard size pinball leg bolt?

Quoted from Malibu-SS:Mine was the same way

Does it come with the wrench?
How does the head lock and is there bolts for head? Is like stern or B/W for bolt fasten?
Thanks.
Should have my ship date this week.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Does it come with the wrench?

Yes it does,just does not fit the best

How does the head lock and is there bolts for head? Is like stern or B/W for bolt fasten?

It is the same style as the older Stern/Data East Heads with the L shaped allen key

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Yes it does,just does not fit the best

It is the same style as the older Stern/Data East Heads with the L shaped allen key

Thanks, thats a standard coffin key.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Ordered mine yesterday. My first NIB pin. Might see it in a month or so.

Mines been here for just over a month , if you want to see and have a play or two let me know ... I'm about 20 minutes away from you!
Pm me ...

#25 6 years ago

side blades ordered!!

1 month later
#26 6 years ago

Just got mine and I love it!! Has anyone here added a shaker motor? I think that is the only thing that could make mine better

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Some_Donkus:

Just got mine and I love it!! Has anyone here added a shaker motor? I think that is the only thing that could make mine better

Not available from AP yet.
Coming soon. The AP team is testing shakers in a couple machine's at MGC this weekend.

3 months later
#28 5 years ago

Love to see more owners post there NIB pictures and list game numbers.
Seems main Houdini thread took over the life of this one.

#29 5 years ago

No Problem.

I'm in the Club with Houdini 1407. It came with innercabdecals, shaker motor and magic glass.
the shaker motor is very cool during the bumper action. Hope there will come some more shaker action with the New update.

The Game was wall packed and also the install guide was a clever idea

During my 3 game I noticed that the servo motor for the captiveball was not working.

After I contacted Barry I got a very fast reply with pics and information what to check.
So the damn servo is dead

But the super Tech support told me they will send a new one. That's really cool. Fast help and support.

So hope that i can enjoy the game in 2-3 weeks.

Pictures will follow and maybe i find the time to translate my review from german to english so that i can post it here

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Pictures will follow and maybe i find the time to translate my review from german to english so that i can post it here

Post in German, I dont mind!
Congrats on getting game. Tech support is top notch. I will say odd to have dead servo.

#31 5 years ago

Number 39 still humming along nicely ... No issues...

#32 5 years ago

Congrats on getting game. Tech support is top notch. I will say odd to have dead servo.

A dead servo is strange, but Barry and I testet the boards and the connections. So the board worked flawless.

But the 3 games were super fun

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Number 39 still humming along nicely ... No issues...

#90 holding up damn good.

#34 5 years ago

Here is the german version

Verpackung und Unboxing:

Der Houdini wurde sehr gut verpackt geliefert. Zwischen der Backbox und der Scheibe war eine gute Polsterung (mehrere Kartonagen), sodass Backglass und entspiegelte Scheibe keine Kratzer oder ähnliches abgekommen haben. Zusätzlich wurde das ganze gerät Komplett in „Stretch-Folie“ eingewickelt, sodass das Gehäuse auch hier Kratzerfrei blieb.
Oben aufliegend, befand sich die bebilderte und sehr gut beschriebene Aufbauanleitung sowie die sechskant Beinschrauben inkl. passendem Montageschlüssel. Dieser wird auch gleichzeitig für die Backboxarretierung genutzt.
Nach dem wir das Paket zu weit über 3 Treppen auf und ab, nach ca. 30 Minuten im Keller stehen hatten, konnte mit dem Aufbau begonnen werden.
Hier folgten wir der super Anleitung:

1. Stretch-Folie an den Frontbeinen entfernen
2. Beine installieren (Beine waren einzeln verpackt)
3. Flipper nach vorne kippen
4. Hinterseite anheben (hierfür haben wir einen Hubtisch verwendet)
5. Stretch-Folie an den Hinterbeinen entfernen
6. Beine installieren
7. Anschließend sämtliche Folie vorsichtig entfernen
8. Gerät auf 6.5° leveln

Hierbei sei noch positiv erwähnt, dass Beinschoner aus Metall schon vorinstalliert sind und auch innerhalb des Gehäuses vernünftige Beinaufnahmen verbaut wurden!

Cabinet und Backbox:

Das Artwork des Houdinis kommt im Steapunklook daher und sieht sehr edel aus. Alle Teile (Hinges, Lockbar, Beine, Siderails, Shootergehäuse) sind in einem sehr dunklen Bronzeton mit etwas „Glitter“ gepulvert. Das sieht verdammt gut aus! Auch hier war die Verpackung vorbildlich, da die Lockbar komplett vor Kratzern geschützt war.

Die Backbox hat ein ungewöhnliches Design, welches nicht negativ, aber eher etwas gewöhnungsbedürftig ist. Das T-Molding hat mich positiv überrascht, da es sich durch die Textur welche wie Leder wirkt gut anfasst und sehr edel wirkt.

Das Backglass ist ein bedrucktes Glas, das den optischen Rahmen für den Monitor in der Backbox bildet. Die Integration ist sehr gut gelungen. Der Vorhang sieht absolut stimmig aus und die Tiefeneffekte kommen sehr gut zur Geltung.
In der Backbox sitzen der 15,6“ LCD-Monitor, der Computer, und der Lepai Verstärker, sowie mehrere Stereospeaker (6). Alles ist starr verbaut und sehr gut erreichbar!

Die Kabelverlegung innerhalb des Cabinets ist perfekt. An der linken Seite befinden sich 3 Platinen zur Steuerung welche durch eine Pappabdeckung geschützt sind. Der Transformator sitzt hinten, mittig und ist mit einer Plexiglasabdeckung geschützt. Alle Kabel sind sauber verlegt und es liegt rechts neben der Kassentür sogar ein USB-Kabel um einen USB-Stick anzuschließen.

Spielfeld:
Wenngleich schon die ersten Kritiker kamen und sagten „Die Schüsse sind nicht machbar“. „Die Schüsse sind zu eng“, kann ich diesen „Vorwürfen“ direkt widersprechen. Alle Schüsse sind machbar, auch wenn es eines sehr präzisen Zielens Bedarf.

Bei AP gibt es nur ein Modell und kein Pro, Premium, LE bzw. Standard, LE, CE wie bei anderen Herstellern. Man bekommt ein Produkt mit allen Features zu einem meiner Meinung nach fairem Preis. Einzig optionales Dinge wie Innercabdecals, Shaker und entspiegelte Scheibe kommen extra. Diese können auch gleich ab Werk verbaut mitbestellt werden. Diese Option habe ich direkt in Anspruch genommen und bin wirklich begeistert wie sauber alles installiert wurde!

Das Spielfeld stammt von Mirco und ist wie nicht anders zu erwarten sehr gut lackiert. Die Farben sehen brillant aus und es sind keine Fehler auszumachen.
Die Inserts sind alle „milchig“, also mit einer extra „Weißschicht“. Dieses empfinde ich persönlich als sehr angenehm, da hier keine Led blendet und das Licht gut gestreut wird.

An allen wichtigen ist Mylar verklebt. Heißt also zwischen den Bumpern, an den Scoops und an den Rampenausgängen wo die Kugel aufs Spielfeld fällt.
Zusätzlich sind unter dem Spielfeld noch 3 Magnete verbaut, welche sehr gut ins Spielgeschehen integriert sind. Es ist sehr cool anzuschauen wie die Kugeln an den Händen von Houdini kleben und dann auf einen „niederschlagen“. Hier ist es zu empfehlen schwermagnetisierbare Kugeln einzusetzen!

Die Plastics sind gut gelungen und unter den Slingshotplastics sind auch schon gleich Acryl-Unterlegscheiben verbaut, welches ich als sehr Vorbildlich erachte.
Weiterhin wurden auch farbige Gummis an Flipperfingern und Posts verbaut. Auch hier ein weiterer Pluspunkt, welcher nur noch von den Steampunk Flipperfingertoppern „getoppt“ wird.

Spielfeld – Die Aufbauten:

Die Aufbauten sind wirklich beeindruckend und wirken durch ihren hohen Detailgrad sehr wertig. Definitiv auf JJP Niveau und besser als bei Stern.

Milkcan: Die Milkcan ist sehr detailliert und gestaltet und ist richtig schön anzuschauen. In Kombination mit dem Catapult dahinter, ist die Wirkung während des Spiels sehr gut. Das Katapult der Milkcan befördert die Kugel über eine Distanz von ca. 50cm sehr zuverlässig in den Trunk. Ich hatte in meinen paar Spielen keinen einzigen Fehlversuch.

Scheinwerfer: Die Scheinwerfer sind gut platziert, aber leider nicht ganz so liebevoll gearbeitet wie die anderen Aufbauten. Doch Sie erfüllen ihren Zweck und leuchten Houdini sehr gut aus. Sie gefallen in ihrer jetzigen Form immer noch besser, als die Standard-Spotlights.

Holz-Planchet: Das Planchet aus Echtholz ist eine sehr schöne Idee, gerade in Kombination mit der LED. Aber hier hätte man sicherlich noch ein wenig mehr draus machen können. Doch hierfür gibt es bereits gute Mods welche Abhilfe schaffen.

Bumpercover: Die Bumpercover stechen besonders hervor, da diese sehr gut und mit viel Liebe zum Detail gestaltet sind. Die Idee mit den Ketten ist einfach genial. Gerade wenn der Sound von rasselnden Ketten mit dazu kommt wirken diese sehr authentisch, obwohl es nur Plastik ist.

API-Theater: Das API-Theater sieht sehr gut und die Integration des kleinen LCD-Bildschirms wurde sehr gut umgesetzt. Schade ist nur, dass das Plastikcover dahinter einfach nur schwarzes Plastik ist. Doch auch hier gibt es wiederum einen Mod (pinside) welcher Abhilfe schafft. Der Vorhang vor dem Theater ist sehr gut gelungen. Optik und Verarbeitung sind auch hier auf höchsten Niveau. Ich bin gespannt wie lange das Vorhangdecal hier „gut“ erhalten bleibt.

Trunk: Der Trunk ist in der hinteren Ecke platziert und macht optisch schon etwas her. Er erinnert etwas an den Trunk aus dem „Theatre of Magic“. Das Öffnen und Schließen funktioniert hervorragend. Hier hätte sich JJP für den POTC etwas abschauen können.

Technik:
Im Houdini kommen die bewährten P3-ROC Board von Gerry Stellenberg (Multimorphic) zum Einsatz. Erste Erfahrungen mit dem P-Roc Boards konnte ich im Cactus Canyon Continued sammeln. Und ich muss sagen, dass die Boards bisher sehr zuverlässig waren.

Weiterhin kommen in der GI sowie in den Inserts RGB-LEDs zum Einsatz welche dem aktuellen Stand der Technik entsprechen. Die Lightshow ist sehr stimmig und auch der Attractmode weiss zu gefallen.

Eine weitere tolle Eigenschaft des Houdini ist, dass alle Teile mit Steckern versehen sind. So können ohne großen Aufwand z.B. die Spulen getauscht werden.
Der Aufbau ist sehr durchdacht und auch die Assemblys lassen sich sehr Anwenderfreundlich auseinandernehmen.

Einen Ausfall musste ich bisher aber schon verzeichnen. Einer der Servomotoren ist nach den ersten 3 Spielen ausgefallen. Das ist sehr ärgerlich, aber man steckt leider nicht immer in der Technik. Ein solches Problem hatte ich aber auch schon bei anderen Herstellern verzeichnen können.
Positiv muss ich aber an dieser Stelle den sehr guten und unkomplizierten TECH-Support von American Pinball loben! Barry hat meine Mail innerhalb von 30 Minuten beantwortet und mir Bilder, so wie eine Anleitung zur Fehleridentifizierung geschickt. Nach Rücksprache wird mir umgehend und kostenfrei das Ersatzteil nach Hause geliefert!

Sobald dieses da ist, kommen die ersten Berichte zum Spiel. Aber die ersten 3 Spiele waren schon sehr angenehm und ich bin gespannt der Dinge die mich noch erwarten werden.

#35 5 years ago

Took me 30 min to read it, no translation program...LOL
It is a great game and Nice review.

#36 5 years ago

Took me 30 min to read it, no translation program...LOL
It is a great game and Nice review.

Thats pretty good
So I will write the next little review if the game works and i played more games

2 months later
#37 5 years ago

This is our baby! I have seen some love and hate and we are We are loving it !

15390164806801966364347 (resized).jpg15390164806801966364347 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#38 5 years ago

Houdini Owner’s ? Do like the game ,
Pm your honest opinion if you could
Thank you !!!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Thank you !!!

No PM necessary.
Its a hard, fun game.
I consider it close to woz.

#40 5 years ago

Awesome. Love it. Deep rules with lots to explore and yet very easy to understand. Art is beautiful. I've had mine for about 10 months and love it. No regrets at all.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Thank you !!!

My only suggestion if this is what you are interest in is swim the used market first. These are selling at massive discounts in mass quantity. Yes, if this is the only game you have or one of 2 you will like it. Was not a fun game for us sadly. Took a bath unloading it.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Thank you !!!

One for 6100 in San Diego.

2 months later
#43 5 years ago

How is everyone enjoying this game?
Surprised there isn't more chatter in here.

2 months later
#45 4 years ago

In case you are not watching the main thread . . .

Oktoberfest version 19.6.5 is now available for download from our website. https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates

IMPORTANT!!! The new code will automatically increase flipper strength of the right flipper when the coaster ramp is down, this requires you to lower the current power setting on the right flipper coil. This change result in less overheating and also make the duck target less deadly, since the flipper will be at lower power most of the time. It is very important to adjust the current settings after the update, so please read the release notes when installing this update.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

In case you are not watching the main thread . . .
Oktoberfest version 19.6.5 is now available for download from our website. https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates
IMPORTANT!!! The new code will automatically increase flipper strength of the right flipper when the coaster ramp is down, this requires you to lower the current power setting on the right flipper coil. This change result in less overheating and also make the duck target less deadly, since the flipper will be at lower power most of the time.
It is very important to adjust the current settings after the update, so please read the release notes when installing this update.

Hey, this is the Houdini owner's thread, keep your Oktoberfest updates in their proper place and send us some new Houdini code instead!

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Hey, this is the Houdini owner's thread, keep your Oktoberfest updates in their proper place and send us some new Houdini code instead!

eventually all Houdini owners will be Oktoberfest owners, so . . .

Testing of new Houdini code in progress

#48 4 years ago

Indeed!

Quoted from rosh:

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Nice Thank you rosh !

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Working on that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-owners-club?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.