(Topic ID: 215805)

Houdini Features and Mods wishlist. Add them here!

By WW2GURU

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EAFD776F-0A4F-4A68-B6F3-C59913E2AE6B (resized).png
watercolorupgrade2 (resized).jpg
jackofront (resized).jpg
jackoback (resized).jpg
mensopleny (resized).jpg
bin o plenty (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).PNG
IMG_0898 (resized).JPG
IMG_0895 (resized).JPG
IMG_0897 (resized).JPG
IMG_0894 (resized).JPG
IMG_0622 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Top of page bump.
Lots of great Houdini mod's by a lot of great guys. Check out page 1 for full coverage.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “MOD MAGIC! by Ericpinballfan for HOUDINI PINBALL BY AMERICAN PINBALL! PM/Message me for details. All 3 Pieces are for sale individually. If you only want one or two of the 3, I wi...”
2019-01-24
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 88 days
Viewed: 2680 times
Contributed to Pinside

#52 5 years ago

Jacket action from hookedonpinball.com
Which side is the real thing? Getting harder to tell by the day.

splits (resized).jpgsplits (resized).jpg
#53 5 years ago

Q The Robot joined the party! Great work MOD Couple!

20180615_010637.jpg20180615_010637.jpg20180615_010654.jpg20180615_010654.jpg
#54 5 years ago

Ericpinballfan need the light Somebody please make something maybe material to line the inside of the Chest! Its begging for something like red velvet material or.....

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Q The Robot joined the party! Great work MOD Couple!

Thank you So much for your order and feedback! My wife and I So appreciate your and Everyones interest in our products. The Houdini mods are becoming our favorites as the theme and beautiful art in this game are worthy of every effort. Best to you and Thank you my wife will be so happy to hear your kind words!

The Mod Couple
www.TheModCouplePinball.com

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Its begging for something like red velvet material or.....

Purple would be more appropriate to match animations and backglass

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Ericpinballfan need the light Somebody please make something maybe material to line the inside of the Chest! Its begging for something like red velvet material or.....

working on it. i need time, so busy.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Purple would be more appropriate to match animations and backglass

Agreed!!!

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

lease make something maybe material to line the inside of the Chest!

worth mentioned that the inside of the trunk gets pounded hard by that ball, on my machine there is a clear spot where the ball hits, any material in there is going to need to handle that pounding and not wear through.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

worth mentioned that the inside of the trunk gets pounded hard by that ball, on my machine there is a clear spot where the ball hits, any material in there is going to need to handle that pounding and not wear through.

Must....resist.....juvenile...response.....!

1 week later
#61 5 years ago

The Mod Couple is Proud and Honored to announce a partnership with #Ericpinballfan to offer his Amazing and creative Houdini premium mods! All of his highly detailed Houdini creations will now be offered along side our Houdini collection via our web store www.TheModCouplePinball.com We are excited to work with such a creative and talented guy (and his wife gets some much deserved credit!). We look forward to working with Eric and his wife and feel Confident he is a wonderful fit for our team and this creative hobby. All of his products are now available and in stock so he can attend to his work and family duties and come home with newfound inspiration and creativity for Houdini and others! Thanks for joining us Eric!

The Mod Couple

dave pics 11 (resized).jpgdave pics 11 (resized).jpgdave pics 12 (resized).jpgdave pics 12 (resized).jpgdave pics 9 (resized).jpgdave pics 9 (resized).jpg
#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is Proud and Honored to announce a partnership with #Ericpinballfan to offer his Amazing and creative Houdini premium mods! All of his highly detailed Houdini creations will now be offered along side our Houdini collection via our web store www.TheModCouplePinball.com We are excited to work with such a creative and talented guy (and his wife gets some much deserved credit!). We look forward to working with Eric and his wife and feel Confident he is a wonderful fit for our team and this creative hobby. All of his products are now available and in stock so he can attend to his work and family duties and come home with newfound inspiration and creativity for Houdini and others! Thanks for joining us Eric!
The Mod Couple

Thats awesome! Congrats to both of you!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Thats awesome! Congrats to both of you!

Thanks Blade. Was such an honor they asked to carry my mods and create a great partnership!
Everyone can now find my mods @ Themodcouplepinball.com.

#64 5 years ago

I have a couple mod ideas I thought I'd share.

First idea - there are vintage, "steampunk" gauge magnets from ebay for $3 or less and they look marvelous. They appear to be printed in higher res than the cabinet art, are glossy and have some depth due to the thickness of the materials. There are many to choose from and come in a couple different sizes (1" and 2.25")

Second idea - is to make a DIY topper out of a vintage steam engine toys or a Sterling engine toy. My dad had an vintage steam engine toy that he had bought at a garage sale. That old relic has since vanished but it turns out they are plentyful on eBay. There are a variety of models available from junk condition to NIB. Arrange a few of these steam toys together and mount to a vintage looking board, set on top of Houdini and it might look pretty cool.

IMG_3277 (resized).JPGIMG_3277 (resized).JPGIMG_3278 (resized).JPGIMG_3278 (resized).JPGStirling Engine (resized).jpgStirling Engine (resized).jpgWeeden Toy Steam Engine (resized).jpgWeeden Toy Steam Engine (resized).jpgWeeden Toy Steam Engine 2 (resized).jpgWeeden Toy Steam Engine 2 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#65 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I have a couple mod ideas I thought I'd share.
First idea - there are vintage, "steampunk" gauge magnets from ebay for $3 or less and they look marvelous. They appear to be printed in higher res than the cabinet art, are glossy and have some depth due to the thickness of the materials. There are many to choose from and come in a couple different sizes (1" and 2.25")
Second idea - is to make a DIY topper out of a vintage steam engine toys or a Sterling engine toy. My dad had an vintage steam engine toy that he had bought at a garage sale. That old relic has since vanished but it turns out they are plentyful on eBay. There are a variety of models available from junk condition to NIB. Arrange a few of these steam toys together and mount to a vintage looking board, set on top of Houdini and it might look pretty cool.

I do miss my old steam sterling toys... Back when toys could burn you, cut you, and challenge you. Now everything comes with a styrofoam helmet and a lawyer disclaimer. Nice touches and ideas!

#66 5 years ago

Awe, the Momad steam toys.
They would make great toppers!

#67 5 years ago

man i love those steam toys.

i did something similar about 2-3 months ago with the start button and painted the housing brass.

houdini gauge start button3 (resized).JPGhoudini gauge start button3 (resized).JPG
#68 5 years ago

Tilttopper Houdini Topper finally arrived! Very well built just like all his others

20180703_224152.jpg20180703_224152.jpg20180703_224233.jpg20180703_224233.jpg
1 week later
#69 5 years ago

It was 66 this morning in Charlotte ...had to put a jacket on.
Question is where to mount the jacket.
Full cast design no 3d printing here. Hand painted and finished for a factory look.
Jacket based on Houdini's actual jacket on disply in the museum.
This mod is in paint stage this is my sample finish.
Will be available with my water tank mod in Aug. 18.
Will be announced on news letter once they have been completed.
Water tank combo will be offered for those waiting on the completion of that mod.
Next up Stage inhancements.

IMG_1634 (resized).jpgIMG_1634 (resized).jpgIMG_1635 (resized).jpgIMG_1635 (resized).jpgIMG_1636 (resized).jpgIMG_1636 (resized).jpgIMG_1638 (resized).jpgIMG_1638 (resized).jpg

#70 5 years ago

I like the keylane myself.

#71 5 years ago

I believe i have a solution. Simply sell two kits. One with industrial velcro only and the other with a bracket to mount at key lane or up in the air behind pops.

#72 5 years ago

With the Huge success of Houdini the theater is getting a makeover. The New API theater is now in 3D!! Introducing the API Grand Theater 3D Facade makeover Mod! A classy update to bring some dimension and illusion to the famous API Grand. Mod is simple to install over the existing theater plastic and does Not modify the original. (3 minute installation) Each theater facade Mod is had detailed and airbrushed for authenticity. Upgrade your theater Today before the next grand illusion..... Available today from www.TheModCouplePinball.com along with many other premium custom Houdini mods including the fine engraved work of #Ericpinballfan Thanks for looking, our next illusion is coming soon.

The Mod Couple

IMG_0337 (resized).jpgIMG_0337 (resized).jpgIMG_0343 (resized).jpgIMG_0343 (resized).jpgIMG_0345 (resized).jpgIMG_0345 (resized).jpg
#73 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I believe i have a solution. Simply sell two kits. One with industrial velcro only and the other with a bracket to mount at key lane or up in the air behind pops.

Holy Wow! I had only heard about this one and am super impressed! That looks incredibible. The dimension and detail is great.
Super work Dave!

#74 5 years ago

Let me think about it......ok I'm in! Lol

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Let me think about it......ok I'm in! Lol

Thanks blade. Your theater kit is in route. Thanks to all for the fast interest.

The Mod Couple

#76 5 years ago

Sold out? Can’t find it in your shop

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Sold out? Can’t find it in your shop

All Houdini product mods are In stock via our Website store at www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

#78 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Cover prototype. We don't have a Houdini, but this is being sent to a Houdini for final approval. The vinyl is a dark brown that has been matched to the powder coating on the game. The light is purple. Because the purple is a light, the iris has to be closed to take a picture, and that makes the brown look black. We tried a few pictures to get the effect, and the color sample to show the color of the brown vinyl.

Pictures do not do them justice.

We expect to have these listed in a little over a week.

https://lightedpinballmods.com/

0718182042_resized (resized).jpg0718182042_resized (resized).jpg0718182042a_resized (resized).jpg0718182042a_resized (resized).jpg0718182045_resized (resized).jpg0718182045_resized (resized).jpg0718182055_resized (resized).jpg0718182055_resized (resized).jpgbrwon 080 (resized).pngbrwon 080 (resized).png
#79 5 years ago

He's so cute and the story so original it just Had to be done! Introducing the Houdini "MODest Monkey" Mod. Small in size but the detail and process for such a simple mod even caught us by surprise. Each monkey is Hand painted and unique down to his little banana for lunch! Steampunk design gear mount and simple to install. Looks best right of the key lane or next to the beautiful planchette. Its your monkey, You decide! Don't monkey around, bring him home now just Don't feed him after dark!! This and All of our Houdini mods are available and shipping now via our website store! www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thank for looking! (or don't look the monkey is Modest!)
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#80 5 years ago

Humm....
I think it looks best next to planchette!
He is cute.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Humm....
I think it looks best next to planchette!
He is cute.

I agree! He likes to hang out next to one of the Nicest mods made for Houdini!

#82 5 years ago

Now on stage... The Houdini "Key Lane" 3D custom sign Mod! Give you key lane a personal touch of character. Each sign done to fine detail with fine wood grain, HH Houdini master key, and hand painted for a finishing unique touch. Easy installation that does not effect the original plastics. Shoot your key lane in style! The magic (Mod) shop is now open! Available and Shipping now via our website store at www.TheModCouplePinball.com

For all your Houdini mods, thanks for looking!
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#83 5 years ago

Found a home for my keys and locks. All added with neodymium magnets. The keys on the hinge bolts don't interfere when the playfield is pulled up but its close.

IMG_0622 (resized).JPGIMG_0622 (resized).JPGIMG_0894 (resized).JPGIMG_0894 (resized).JPGIMG_0895 (resized).JPGIMG_0895 (resized).JPGIMG_0897 (resized).JPGIMG_0897 (resized).JPGIMG_0898 (resized).JPGIMG_0898 (resized).JPG

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With the Huge success of Houdini the theater is getting a makeover. The New API theater is now in 3D!! Introducing the API Grand Theater 3D Facade makeover Mod! A classy update to bring some dimension and illusion to the famous API Grand. Mod is simple to install over the existing theater plastic and does Not modify the original. (3 minute installation) Each theater facade Mod is had detailed and airbrushed for authenticity. Upgrade your theater Today before the next grand illusion..... Available today from www.TheModCouplePinball.com along with many other premium custom Houdini mods including the fine engraved work of #Ericpinballfan Thanks for looking, our next illusion is coming soon.
The Mod Couple

What pricing are thinking for 3D theater marquee?

edit - not a fan of the key lane as designed.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What pricing are thinking for 3D theater marquee?
edit - not a fan of the key lane as designed.

All of the pricing and product list is available on our web store at www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Sorry if you don’t like the key lane sign. We try to stay correct to the theme and look but we understand not ever design will be a hit for everyone. We do appreciate you checking it out though.

The Mod Couple

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All of the pricing and product list is available on our web store at www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Sorry if you don’t like the key lane sign. We try to stay correct to the theme and look but we understand not ever design will be a hit for everyone. We do appreciate you checking it out though.
The Mod Couple

Cool see it now.... Looks like $325 for most Houdini mods. Why not offer a bundle and call it the kitchen sink. Maybe offer package for $300 shipped? A lot easier for customers that way.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Found a home for my keys and locks. All added with neodymium magnets. The keys on the hinge bolts don't interfere when the playfield is pulled up but its close.

Great idea ... Looks sharp

#88 5 years ago

Cool see it now.... Looks like $325 for most Houdini mods. Why not offer a bundle and call it the kitchen sink. Maybe offer package for $300 shipped? A lot easier for customers that way.

We have tried bundles but many have rightfully given us feedback that they are buying items they may not need or want to get a bundle. Similar to your honest and appreciated feedback that you didn’t like the key lane sign if that was a bundle you would have to like it because we choose to put it in a bundle. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, we are continuously trying to design and build what the owners like and sometimes we even refine products to suit those requests. What my eye sees as perfect is not always that of the consumer which is important to us. We do have a few Houdini bundle options for the hot selling mods and awsome premium Ericpinallfan products to save. The Water Torture Mod is selling as fast as we can make them which we are very proud to see. Thanks again for your feedback!

The Mod Couple

#89 5 years ago

1) # balls remaining represented by light bulbs on screen need to be much brighter.

2) active ball # to be added to all screens and on after ball bonus screen

3) after hitting milk can shot, the ramp light blinks to allow a shot to build multiplier. Any subsequent ramp shots while ramp is still blinking should continue to build multiplier. So one milkcan shot and three rapid ramp shots could result in reaching 4x multiplier. Might need reset timer with each ramp shot.

4) need selectable status screen which shows how the letters were earned, so player knows what's remaining. For instance 1 for 5 missions started and 1 for 2nd mission letter and remaining categories could read like 3 missions started of 5. Values changed from default would be displayed where appropriate. This helps player on what to do.

#90 5 years ago

1) # balls remaining to be colored brighter (more intensity)
3) after hitting milk can shot, the ramp light blinks to allow a shot to build multiplier. Any subsequent ramp shots while ramp is still blinking should continue to build multiplier. So one milkcan shot and three rapid ramp shots could result in reaching 4x multiplier. Might need reset timer with each ramp shot.
4) need selectable status screen which shows how the letters were earned, so player knows what's remaining. For instance 1 for 5 missions started and 1 for 2nd mission letter and remaining categories could read like 3 missions started of 5. Values changed from default would be displayed where appropriate. This helps player on what to do.

I am Probably wrong so it would be best to confirm with the Houdini owners thread but for #4 I thought you just hold down the flippers for a live status of your completed modes and what is left? Again probably wrong just thought I remember seeing something like your asking.

#91 5 years ago

1) # balls remaining to be colored brighter (more intensity)

Are you talking about the 'unlit' light bulbs on the main score screen?

It shows on main screen which is on screen pretty frequently. Including it on end of ball bonus screen has merit, I'll have to see if I can easily drop that in. Personally I don't think its is needed on screen every second and the main screen is up a good chunk of the time.

Currently if the shot is quick enough, you can raise it two steps. I'll give consideration to expanding support for it, however, I don't want to make it too easy for the really good players to be maxing it out like that, so, probably won't change.

Holding Both flippers for a few seconds shows progress. A little "H" indicates where Houdini letters are earned based on current settings. Possible (not at a machine), that once earned it is not 100% clear on the screen, but you can certainly see where you can still earn them -- however, the color of the Houdini letter on the playfield does tell you how you earned it. So, if you earned the H vis dance, it is lit Teal, via stage modes, red, etc.

#92 5 years ago

rosh found pic of the progress screen you mentioned. Wow, never knew that existed, but it is exactly what is needed. Looks like stage, seance, trunk, magic shop, films, escapes and secret missions. Each depicts # items to complete, # items completed, which item awards a letter, which letters have been awarded. With this piece available and the ability to adjust settings, this game has everything I am looking for. Resale prices have gotten low enough that it looks time to pickup a Houdini.
IMG_0486 (resized).PNGIMG_0486 (resized).PNG

1 month later
#93 5 years ago

What’s up with the straight jacket and water torture chamber?

#94 5 years ago

Escape Death ball save mode should spot a letter for each hit into jail hole.

Need to show current playfield multiplier on main screen.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

What’s up with the straight jacket and water torture chamber?

Both mods are still being painted. Requested a line up picture from paint shop so hope to post update this week. Hold on just a little longer.
We have a half dozen mods in the pipeline at this time. With my luck they will hit at the same time.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Both mods are still being painted. Requested a line up picture from paint shop so hope to post update this week. Hold on just a little longer.
We have a half dozen mods in the pipeline at this time. With my luck they will hit at the same time.

Good News!

#97 5 years ago

Some More Code Enhancements -

1) milk can mode - shoot milkcan loop 1,2 or 3 times and then shoot ramp to collect. Need 3 loops before ramp to beat mode. The key change is that a ramp shot is needed to collect it.

2) film mode - is currently triggered after locking ball, an upper catapult transfers ball to lower catapult and shot into trunk. If ball is missing trunk, FILM WON’T START. Change film to trigger while ball is held in either catapult.

3) summary status screen is 2 row record. Initials, score and time are on top row and status against each objective is bottom row. This level of info is needed to be stored when high score is added. So when you see high score list or last games results, you’ll see summary records rather than simple list of initials and scores. This score should also store all playfield lights lit. As you toggle on a record, you get 2 rows of data plus all lit playfield lights saved in the record.

4) add 3 awards to magic shop - add step along jail path, add step along secret missions path or add step along stage path. Each would award what you think and it would be multiplied by playfield multiplier, so you could win multiple steps.

5) during bullet catch - when inner loop insert is lit, shots do not always register.

2 weeks later
#98 5 years ago

If these two mods sell well we will continue on to the Lamp at the ramp entrance and Theater mods.

Jackets are all but done just finishing dry process. Its all in the details check it out!
jackoback (resized).jpgjackoback (resized).jpgjackofront (resized).jpgjackofront (resized).jpg
The tanks are a bit tricky but primed and being painted now
mensopleny (resized).jpgmensopleny (resized).jpg
Slight tweak on the handle color to be more accurate
watercolorupgrade2 (resized).jpgwatercolorupgrade2 (resized).jpgbin o plenty (resized).jpgbin o plenty (resized).jpg

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

If these two mods sell well we will continue on to the Lamp at the ramp entrance and Theater mods.
Jackets are all but done just finishing dry process. Its all in the details check it out!
[quoted image][quoted image]
The tanks are a bit tricky but primed and being painted now
[quoted image]
Slight tweak on the handle color to be more accurate
[quoted image][quoted image]

man those are nice, very very nice job.

#100 5 years ago

Holy crap, I had to read this thread to learn that I have to hold BOTH flippers to get a status screen. ! WTH

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-features-and-mods-wishlist-add-them-here/page/2?hl=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.