(Topic ID: 213029)

Houdini Easter Egg

By Mamushka

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1200px-International_Morse_Code.svg (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Just came across this thread, was wondering now long it would take for someone to spot it (looks like I lost a bet, by a couple of weeks), now I'll have to wait to see who can decipher it and determine the true meaning.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I'd rather not sit at the bar with a paper and pencil taking down the code and yelling at people trying to walk in front of the game.

use your phone to record it.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

From Wikipedia :
    Before Houdini died, he and his wife agreed that if Houdini found it possible to communicate after death, he would communicate the message "Rosabelle believe",

While it may be a shock to some of you, Wikipedia is wrong or at a minimum incomplete in this info. The morse code is not spelling out "rosabelle believe". But rosabelle is the first word.

1 week later
    #44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sonic:

Rosabelle- answer- tell-pray, answer- look- tell- answer, answer- tell

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If that’s it, that IS “Rosabelle Believe”

I was looking for the full translation. Houdini's secret messages to Bess, so she would know it was really him reaching back from the behind. Not a surprise that Houdini would choose to communicate that message to us via the Houdini Pinball machine.

Now that it is known Houdini can communicate to us from the beyond via the start button, I suspect he will have different messages to share with us from the beyond. Potentially ones where the info will add value to a player and folks may not be so quick to share his secrets.

Not sure when the lit start button was first introduced, but I would tend to believe this is the first time it has been used to transmit morse code messages.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-easter-egg?tu=rosh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.