(Topic ID: 213029)

Houdini Easter Egg

By Mamushka

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1200px-International_Morse_Code.svg (resized).png
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Playing my buddies Houdini tonight and noticed the odd flashing of the start button. Not good enough to make everything out but noticed the word "award" and I think "rosalee". So who is good with Morse code that can figure the message out?

#2 6 years ago

Ahh ha...
    Noticed it a couple nights ago.
    Its blinking something.

#3 6 years ago

Z-I-D-W-A-R-E.....

1 week later
    #4 6 years ago

Ok, i think i got it. Hard to catch the pattern. So i just started breaking it up into small parts, then i caught it repeating.

1 week later
    #5 6 years ago

Just came across this thread, was wondering now long it would take for someone to spot it (looks like I lost a bet, by a couple of weeks), now I'll have to wait to see who can decipher it and determine the true meaning.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ok, i think i got it. Hard to catch the pattern. So i just started breaking it up into small parts, then i caught it repeating.

Post the pattern and we'll have it cracked in no time.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Just came across this thread, was wondering now long it would take for someone to spot it (looks like I lost a bet, by a couple of weeks), now I'll have to wait to see who can decipher it and determine the true meaning.

Ill pm you with my answer. Not disclosing it.
    Its a puzzle, figured i cant spoil it for others.

#8 6 years ago

I'd rather not sit at the bar with a paper and pencil taking down the code and yelling at people trying to walk in front of the game.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I'd rather not sit at the bar with a paper and pencil taking down the code and yelling at people trying to walk in front of the game.

use your phone to record it.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

use your phone to record it.

"What's up with the weird dude at the bar taking pictures of everything?"

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

This is just AWESOME!

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ill pm you with my answer. Not disclosing it.
    Its a puzzle, figured i cant spoil it for others.

Can you PM me too? I love Easter eggs like this and would love to know what it means.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mamushka:

Playing my buddies Houdini tonight and noticed the odd flashing of the start button. Not good enough to make everything out but noticed the word "award" and I think "rosalee". So who is good with Morse code that can figure the message out?

From Wikipedia :

Before Houdini died, he and his wife agreed that if Houdini found it possible to communicate after death, he would communicate the message "Rosabelle believe", a secret code which they agreed to use. Rosabelle was their favorite song.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

"What's up with the weird dude at the bar taking pictures of everything?"

That sounds like my subconscious when I take photos for our selfie league...

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

From Wikipedia :
    Before Houdini died, he and his wife agreed that if Houdini found it possible to communicate after death, he would communicate the message "Rosabelle believe",

While it may be a shock to some of you, Wikipedia is wrong or at a minimum incomplete in this info. The morse code is not spelling out "rosabelle believe". But rosabelle is the first word.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

While it may be a shock to some of you, Wikipedia is wrong or at a minimum incomplete in this info. The morse code is not spelling out "rosabelle believe". But rosabelle is the first word.

Not a shock at all. That's why I posted the source.

#17 6 years ago

You can never trust Wikipedia.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

So what did I win, a free Houdini?

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mamushka:

So what did I win, a free Houdini?

You didnt guess the code.

#20 6 years ago

What??? A morse code flashing from the start button??Secret message??HMM, No decoder ring??? Oh,I got it,"Eat your Wheaties every day"

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

What??? A morse code flashing from the start button??Secret message??HMM, No decoder ring??? Oh,I got it,"Eat your Wheaties every day"

No, its "Drink your Olvatine"

1 week later
    #22 6 years ago

No one, really?
    Weekend homework assignment.

#23 6 years ago

Hmm, two of my hobbies (ham radio and pinball) intersecting. Cool!

I just got the pay in full request for Houdini, so maybe in a week or so I’ll be able to take a crack at it.

#24 6 years ago

I have zero chance of figuring it out on my own but I'm watching this thread until someone has the answer. I need to know!

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I have zero chance of figuring it out on my own but I'm watching this thread until someone has the answer. I need to know!

1200px-International_Morse_Code.svg (resized).png1200px-International_Morse_Code.svg (resized).png

#26 6 years ago

Rosabelle- answer- tell-pray, answer- look- tell- answer, answer- tell

#27 6 years ago

Well that's a dumb code for the afterlife.

It should have been something cool like Shazam I've made it!

#28 6 years ago

So cool...

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sonic:

If that’s it, that IS “Rosabelle Believe”

#30 6 years ago

KNOCK THREE TIMES

#32 5 years ago

Read this then looked at my machine and never paid attention that my start button doesn't even light up....checked bulb and good... any ideas where problem may be? Remember reading somewhere about a dip switch caused this on another game?
    Thx for any help

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Read this then looked at my machine and never paid attention that my start button doesn't even light up....checked bulb and good... any ideas where problem may be? Remember reading somewhere about a dip switch caused this on another game?
    Thx for any help

Looks as though Houdini doesn’t want to communicate with you. This may be some sort of bad omen

#35 5 years ago

Thus adding cement to the fact that No one can communicate normally after death. If at all.

(To me)

sorry back to pinball.

Cool idea. I wonder if there are more.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Looks as though Houdini doesn’t want to communicate with you. This may be some sort of bad omen

Lol great, better sell it ha ha

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Lol great, better sell it ha ha

It’s a great looking game. Seems like many people complain the shot are too tight. Do you find that to be true or is that just pinside standard complaining?

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

It’s a great looking game. Seems like many people complain the shot are too tight. Do you find that to be true or is that just pinside standard complaining?

Pinside standard complaining is a good way to say it. The game isnt easy....but, you can put on 5 ball, adjust settings, and make it easier. Yes, shots are tight, but all are doable once you learn the angles to flip.
    Hard no, challenging yes.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

It just shoots differently than the B/W games most are familiar with. Same sort of complaining that went on when WOZ was released (“its clunky! Too hard! Rules are complicated!”), now look at that game.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I personally find it to be a good addition to pinball as it is a tough game that makes you a lot better at your other games. If you want a game that you can just flail the flippers around and have fun if you consider that fun then this isn't the game for you ( You will be taught a lesson in a hurry lol). Learning your shots and what works and what doesn't work is part of the fun of figuring this out and perfect for home use. Not a person's 1st pin or beginner...But will stand its own in a small collection... Don't think there's any possible way to enjoy the real benefits of this game without owning it. It can be brutal but doesn't piss me off just makes me learn my shots even better. Definitely has the one more game feeling as the more you get into it such a cool game. So class is in session and I'm having a blast!

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

I personally find it to be a good addition to pinball as it is a tough game that makes you a lot better at your other games. If you want a game that you can just flail the flippers around and have fun if you consider that fun then this isn't the game for you ( You will be taught a lesson in a hurry lol). Learning your shots and what works and what doesn't work is part of the fun of figuring this out and perfect for home use. Not a person's 1st pin or beginner...But will stand its own in a small collection... Don't think there's any possible way to enjoy the real benefits of this game without owning it. It can be brutal but doesn't piss me off just makes me learn my shots even better. Definitely has the one more game feeling as the more you get into it such a cool game. So class is in session and I'm having a blast!

Awesome! I too enjoy games that make you work for your score. Definitely helps make the experience that much better when you get the game going.

#42 5 years ago

So it says 'Roseabelle believe' in Morse code, or is there more? Fun pin by the way...

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

So it says 'Roseabelle believe' in Morse code, or is there more? Fun pin by the way...

Rosh specifically said that is not “Roseabelle Believe” but that the first word is Roseabelle. Roseabelle was a name from a song that used to be in their act, and the secret code word for when/if Houdini returned from the grave and communicated via seance was “believe”. But it was thought to have been said (er, expected to be said) in magician’s code speak

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sonic:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If that’s it, that IS “Rosabelle Believe”

I was looking for the full translation. Houdini's secret messages to Bess, so she would know it was really him reaching back from the behind. Not a surprise that Houdini would choose to communicate that message to us via the Houdini Pinball machine.

Now that it is known Houdini can communicate to us from the beyond via the start button, I suspect he will have different messages to share with us from the beyond. Potentially ones where the info will add value to a player and folks may not be so quick to share his secrets.

Not sure when the lit start button was first introduced, but I would tend to believe this is the first time it has been used to transmit morse code messages.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I was looking for the full translation. Houdini's secret messages to Bess, so she would know it was really him reaching back from the behind. Not a surprise that Houdini would choose to communicate that message to us via the Houdini Pinball machine.
    Now that it is known Houdini can communicate to us from the beyond via the start button, I suspect he will have different messages to share with us from the beyond. Potentially ones where the info will add value to a player and folks may not be so quick to share his secrets.
    Not sure when the lit start button was first introduced, but I would tend to believe this is the first time it has been used to transmit morse code messages.

This is so awesome. On the next update you should change it to “10 years is long enough to wait for any man.” Haha

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

it was really him reaching back from the behind.

Oh my! </takei>

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh my! </takei>

LOL. “Eau My”, a beautiful scent

Let’s hope he meant “from the beyond”

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh my! </takei>

Love George, I think his career skyrocketed After Star Trek especially after Howard Stern. lol

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Howard Stern. lol

Love him on Stern listening now!

3 weeks later
    #50 5 years ago

Have we given up on breaking the code?

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-easter-egg?hl=goodomens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.