3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F861A2A-2733-4E76-8A6F-540E9EAE2FBF (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Running the beta code. Upon boot up, about 10 seconds in all the coils start firing. If I open the coin door the firing stops and boot up completes but Game won’t start. No ball ejects even though graphics are working and audio is talking through instructions. Some switches work If I touch with my finger but no flippers no ball eject. Basically no game play.

#2 3 years ago

Could it be doing a ball search? I've had a similar issue. See if all balls are in the ball trough.

Sometimes one will hang up in the chest if the diverter gets stuck. I've also had air balls get stuck behind the Spirit planchette. If someone turned the game off with a ball stuck then I think it would start a ball search upon power up.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the post but no, all 6 balls are accounted for and the coils firing start way before full boot up. And once it boots (I open the coin door to stop the coils from firing to let it finish the boot) some switches register but the flippers don’t work, ball won’t eject, pretty much dead.

#4 3 years ago

Check the Houdini or Oktoberfest collectors thread. They hired a new service guy. Send him a PM. And open a ticket under Support on their website.

LTG : )

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They hired a new service guy.

Here is his post from 21 days agol He's Vegas9 on Pinside.
LTG : )

05/01/2020

Press Release: American Pinball Hires Dave Brennan as Technical Services Manager

American Pinball is pleased to announce the hiring of Dave Brennan as Technical Services Manager. With over 7 years troubleshooting, fixing and restoring pinball machines of all eras, Dave brings his wealth of experience to ensure that all customer and distributor needs will be met when it comes to hands-on technical support and guidance.

One of Dave's immediate initiatives is to generate an ongoing series of instructional videos covering topics such as new game set-up, how to update code, maintenance tips and more. "I’m really looking forward to starting conversations with American Pinball owners and distributors to determine how I can best serve the pinball community," Dave offers. "I am extremely excited about this opportunity with American Pinball."

Dave’s passion for pinball repair and restoration, in addition to his skill set, will make him an asset to the American Pinball team and our customers. Dave has repaired over 100 games and fully restored over 25 pinball machines in the past several years in addition to assisting many collectors with troubleshooting technical issues with their games at home.

One of Dave's most recent and notable projects is livestreaming his progress in real time as he repairs and restores a Gottlieb Alien Star on Twitch and Facebook, while interacting with his viewers on his Twitch channel Twitch.tv/Turbografx7 and Turbografx7 Facebook Group as an affiliate of The Pinball Network. You can also find Dave on Pinside.com as brenna98

We welcome him to American Pinball.

Contact info:
Dave Brennan
Technical Services Manager
[email protected]
Phone: (833) API-HELP / (833) 274-4357

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Thanks for the post but no, all 6 balls are accounted for and the coils firing start way before full boot up. And once it boots (I open the coin door to stop the coils from firing to let it finish the boot) some switches register but the flippers don’t work, ball won’t eject, pretty much dead.

I’d check your connections both to the board and under the playfield. Since it’s going crazy before it boots, that sounds like a power or signaling issue to me. It wouldn’t be ball search since that is CPU controlled.

#7 3 years ago

Grey, purple, blue twisted wire is disconnected from under the Houdini’s just above the flippers. Assuming that is where the wire needs to be plugged in, I have a problem. There are two male possibilities next to each other on the board right below the ribbon cable.

To which male plug do they attach. The two look to be keyed identically (all 3 male pins to femail plug).

4F861A2A-2733-4E76-8A6F-540E9EAE2FBF (resized).jpeg4F861A2A-2733-4E76-8A6F-540E9EAE2FBF (resized).jpeg
#8 3 years ago

Got it reconnected and playing to perfection. American Pinball service is amazing.

#9 3 years ago

There ya go! AP guys are awesome. It seems like Josh has helped out as many people as Barry and Dan did back in the day

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 49.99
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-coils-firing-on-boot-up?hl=pizzaman13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.