Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170929_104249 (resized).jpg
20170929_103916 (resized).jpg
20170929_103836 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I was told Popadiuk did the original proto type of the Houdini pinball. It is a visual master piece .

And it's also NOTHING like what people will actually be paying money for. I suggest you look at the videos from TPF earlier this year. Completely different game, and Dookie-do-it has nothing to do with it anymore.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

many YOUTUBE videos

And then yes, you linked to one that doesn't show the current iteration of the game, which makes no sense at all for you to be chewing me out over misunderstanding.

I've actually played it...have you? I thought it was cool as hell, and a really visually interesting and fun shooting layout with some VERY tight shots that are going to challenge most everyone. I think the Jpop iteration looks very....typical...from him..... color vomit everywhere, mechs that won't work in a million years, over the top ridiculous embellishment that doesn't fit the theme. My whole point was if that's what you were expecting, or want, then no, I don't think you'll be happy with the current version. But it's not for lack of effort on AP's part. They've put together a HELL of an impressive first effort....I'd argue it's better than AMH or Full Throttle. I like AMH, but FullT just never felt right to me..

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

However it is a risk without a doubt. But I put money down as it is refundable up to a point.

Word. Fortunately, I don't have the money to gamble, so these risks rarely ever affect me directly anyways. Just keep in mind that Skit-B, JJP, and Heighway were all 'refundable to a point'...except when they didn't want to issue refunds. =Þ I really wanted Jpop's Alice in Wonderland thing to be real, almost considered selling games to get in on it, but in the end, decided that everything going on (selling game 3 before building game 1?!?) was just too bloody shady. As much as it is a shame that a designer will be lost to the community over his actions, he doesn't deserve ANY support at this point, nor do the companies that shelter him. If Houdini still had anything to do with John at all, I would've totally ignored their booth at TPF, and certainly wouldn't support their future efforts. I think of all the startups, AP has seemed *way* more professional in how they're approaching things than anyone else that's taken preorder money on the first game, and the fact they managed to get MGs out at ALL, along with the prototype Houdini games in such a short timeframe is really telling, in a good way.

The only people that thumbs cause drama for are people that can't have a respectful debate, or that feel like they always have the superior point regardless of facts. /shrug The option to disable seeing them is in your hands if it bothers you... as Robin has pointed out several times on the thread about that whole thing. No need for it to bleed into this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-anyone-excited-about-this?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.