Topic poll

“Hot Wheels vs Mustang”

• Hot Wheels 22 votes
    49%
  • Mustang 23 votes
    51%

(45 votes)

#1 2 years ago

Two car-themed games that aren't the most common titles.... which one FTW?

#2 2 years ago

Never played Hot Wheels but just wanted to say that Mustang is a very nice game. Totally underrated imo.

#3 2 years ago

Mustang is a fun game to shoot... I believe it's more mode-based than HW?

#4 2 years ago

I have not been able to play a Hot Wheels, but I absolutely love Mustang. It is an underrated gem of a game! Also do not discount the pro...the differences moving up to prem/LE are not very substantial on this one. Very fun, fast, flowy, and unique. The code is varied, has good depth/breadth, and a good sense of humor. It is easy and fun to customize with you own music mix too.

Not a knock on HW at all...I just haven't gotten to play one yet. I hear very good things about it though, and it looks like a blast from watching streams. I think you will be happy either way!

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Very fun, fast, flowy, and unique. The code is varied, has good depth/breadth, and a good sense of humor. It is easy and fun to customize with you own music mix too.

Completely agree with this. I also haven’t been able to play a Hot Wheels so can’t compare them, but Mustang is a very fun game that’s underrated by most. A lot of people are put off by the theme or lack of toys, but if you put in some playing time you’ll find it’s a really fun game.

#6 2 years ago

I own a hot wheels...
I mean both are car themed but the HW Pin is offering a lot more than cars. Playing modes you have to battle against dinosaurs, snakes and a gorlilla . It comes with shaker, knocker and artbades, some more cars to modify.
The light show and sound are amazing ! And the animations are really good quality, they are kinda stop motion and taken from hot wheels city series on youtube.
It has around 140 rgb leds, so the colour flow is really outstanding. The game i really fast and the flow is amazing.
I think its a great machine.

I also like the the mustang pin, it is really underrated for sure. The music is awesome and changes with the car mode you play.

If you are looking for a serious car pin i would go for mustang, because of the price.
If you are looking for a funny not as serious car pin with all technical stuff up to date, hot wheels is a great choice.

I like the fun factor of the game, for absolutely serious people it's maybe too childish.
But the biggest problem, most of the people dislike the machine never played it.

#7 2 years ago

I bought a HW after playing it once on location. Actually it was because my wife, who doesn't doesn't play pinball often, thought it was fun and entertaining.
My initial reaction is that it is designed for the casual player and is more accessible and visually appealing to a more broad population. I haven't spent much time on it to learn the rules, but the shots are solid and fun. A big step up from Houdini and Oktoberfest.

Mustang is a decent Stern title that you don't see that often. I crushed it in a tournament a couple of years ago, so I always play it when I see it. However, it doesn't really stand out to me.

If you wanted car theme comparisons, it should be Mustang, Corvette, Viper. HW is closer to TMNT.

#8 2 years ago

I had to go with Hot Wheels simply because Mustang has the bowl ramp that I hate to no end.

#9 2 years ago

Mustang!

#10 2 years ago

Hot Wheels all the way. The guy saying it is a game for a casual player hasn't played enough yet. The game theme is casual by nature but under the glass, there is a great shooter's game. Would make an excellent tourney game. Best skill shot in pinball. The progressive tachometer rules with the turbo boost shot. A handful of fun MB modes. Really nice fit and finish on the game. It is definitely AP's best offering to date. Now I miss mine!

#11 2 years ago

I have the Mustang Premium, but I'm in the market for a Hot Wheels. I have one lined up as soon as I can make time to get it. Or I'll order a NIB. I've never played a game so I can't vote.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-vs-mustang-prem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.