Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pizzaman13
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Recently purchased my first pin, Hot Wheels by American Pinball. It’s a super fun game that incorporates everything about Hot Wheels including the actual HW cars, racing, track building, crashes, and more. All the sounds, loops, lanes, and speed of play really compliment the HW experience. There are several multi balls and some very cool and intriguing risk/reward elements along the way. The playfield lighting is exceptional.

In addition to being a fun pin, the customer service at American Pinball is exceptional. Arguably the best I’ve seen from any company in a long time. Means a lot in a culture where many companies compromise their customer support for profit.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from azswb:

Arguably the best I’ve seen

No argument... wish the rest of the Pinball industry, would provide that level of service. Had the smallest issue with my Houdini and Josh called me while on his holidays.

#3 3 years ago

I’ve not played it yet but think one on location near me. I want to play before but I’ve heard a lot of good reviews.

#4 3 years ago

It truly is a fun game with a lot of offer as far as the code already and everyone in the house loves playing it! Enjoy yours!

#5 3 years ago

I love mine !

#6 3 years ago

Played it... wish I liked it more.. looking forward to their next release

#7 3 years ago

Congrats - Been wanting an AP machine for a long time - just been waiting for a theme I want to buy

#8 3 years ago

American Pinball is a solid company. Hot Wheels is a lot of pinball fun for around 6k new.

#9 3 years ago

Love our Hot Wheels. It’s an amazing pin

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

American Pinball is a solid company

Becoming even stronger ... lots of great hires lately... looks like they are trying to release more games. The build quality of their games is amazing . Built like tanks , solid games with easy to access mechs for quick repairs. Similar to Williams games ... great feel.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from azswb:

In addition to being a fun pin, the customer service at American Pinball is exceptional. Arguably the best I’ve seen from any company in a long time. Means a lot in a culture where many companies compromise their customer support for profit.

Thank you for the compliments!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from azswb:

Arguably the best I’ve seen from any company in a long time. Means a lot in a culture where many companies compromise their customer support for profit.

I agree. Top notch. I just hope that does not change as they become busier and bigger.

When I fisrt got my Woz years ago, i had an issue and posted here on Pinside. Jack saw the post and told me to message him my number. He called me within an hour. Not likely to happen anymore. Lol

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from azswb:

Recently purchased my first pin, Hot Wheels by American Pinball. It’s a super fun game that incorporates everything about Hot Wheels including the actual HW cars, racing, track building, crashes, and more. All the sounds, loops, lanes, and speed of play really compliment the HW experience. There are several multi balls and some very cool and intriguing risk/reward elements along the way. The playfield lighting is exceptional.

Thank you for the kind words about American Pinball! Happy to hear that you're loving your Hot Wheels-- it means a lot to us.

1 month later
#14 3 years ago

Just recieved the Hotwheels machine a couple days ago. Great game play, but not having issue with machine black screen and reboot.
I have opened the machine and re-seated the cables to control board behind glassn raised the deck to see if any cables were loose. Rebooted the machine etc.
Ver. 20.12.10

Any suggestions?

#15 3 years ago

Hi Txcoastal1 ...

Sorry to hear that your machine is having problems. Please file a service request ticket at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/>, and our awesome support team will get you fixed up ASAP! Thank you.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hi Txcoastal1 ...
Sorry to hear that your machine is having problems. Please file a service request ticket at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/>, and our awesome support team will get you fixed up ASAP! Thank you.

Appreciate the quick reply. We will continue to play to gather more info and put in a ticket
Enjoy your weekend

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Just recieved the Hotwheels machine a couple days ago. Great game play, but not having issue with machine black screen and reboot.
I have opened the machine and re-seated the cables to control board behind glassn raised the deck to see if any cables were loose. Rebooted the machine etc.
Ver. 20.12.10
Any suggestions?

you sure you didn't just start Red Line Mania?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

you sure you didn't just start Red Line Mania?

LOL...It did actually do a random reboot during Redline Mania, while my wife was playing...she asked the same question

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

LOL...It did actually do a random reboot during Redline Mania, while my wife was playing...she asked the same question

Please pull and send me the logs. To pull the logs, inserts a USB Stick, with no game code, into the USB extension cable and then send me what gets put on the USB Stick. josh @ american-pinball.com. Also open a ticket if you have not done so.

#20 3 years ago

I was so impressed by Hot Wheels gameplay I went out and bought an Oktoberfest. Amazing pins.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I was so impressed by Hot Wheels gameplay I went out and bought an Oktoberfest. Amazing pins.

Thank you so much for your support. It definitely means a lot to us and we hope you have loads of fun playing our games!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Please pull and send me the logs. To pull the logs, inserts a USB Stick, with no game code, into the USB extension cable and then send me what gets put on the USB Stick. josh @ american-pinball.com. Also open a ticket if you have not done so.

Will do Josh, waiting on some new USB sticks that will arrive today. I have been working with Dave B ticket number SR-7219. He's been great to work with, should have some code very soon. Will CC you when I reply to Dave with code....thanks again

Just a heads up guys. American Pinball support has been great. The game play on this machine is very cool and very racecar like action.
Best I can describe would be like a race that goes slow around the turns then speeds up very fast and keeps you on your toes like grandprix style racing.

--Ron

#23 2 years ago

Picked up a Hot Wheels 2 days ago, fun game that I'm terrible at.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from twofastxtreme:

Picked up a Hot Wheels 2 days ago, fun game that I'm terrible at.

Welcome to the Hot Wheels club!

Glad you're having fun playing it so far. Let us know if you have any questions about the rules, etc.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Will do Josh, waiting on some new USB sticks that will arrive today. I have been working with Dave B ticket number SR-7219. He's been great to work with, should have some code very soon. Will CC you when I reply to Dave with code....thanks again
Just a heads up guys. American Pinball support has been great. The game play on this machine is very cool and very racecar like action.
Best I can describe would be like a race that goes slow around the turns then speeds up very fast and keeps you on your toes like grandprix style racing.
--Ron

Emailed code to you and Dave...

Thanks

1 month later
#26 2 years ago

Hello AP,
Qestion on the "Track Multiball" code. When you land ball in the track builder during the multiball for Super Jackpot...why does it hold the ball for so long

Code interupts the fact you in are in multiball

Thanks
Ron

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Qestion on the "Track Multiball" code. When you land ball in the track builder during the multiball for Super Jackpot...why does it hold the ball for so long

While the ball is held in the track VUK, it's kind of a mini bonus round: all jackpots stay lit so you can more easily milk them for a few seconds... and/or collect a Triple Super Jackpot on the kicker shot (which will immediately release the ball in the VUK)... and/or try to add a ball via the car targets.

You can adjust how long the ball waits in the VUK via Settings > Hot Wheels > Track Multiball Mega Jackpot Time.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

While the ball is held in the track VUK, it's kind of a mini bonus round: all jackpots stay lit so you can more easily milk them for a few seconds... and/or collect a Triple Super Jackpot on the kicker shot (which will immediately release the ball in the VUK)... and/or try to add a ball via the car targets.
You can adjust how long the ball waits in the VUK via Settings > Hot Wheels > Track Multiball Mega Jackpot Time.

Quoted from Ferret:

all jackpots stay lit

Got schooled, LOL

thanks for the reply

1 month later
#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Glad you're having fun playing it so far. Let us know if you have any questions about the rules, etc.

Just joined the club. Any strategy tips greatly appreciated.

PS- I own Oktoberfest too. The tips from the AP guys on the forums were incredibly helpful. My scores so rocketed. Hoping for similar guidance and results

#30 2 years ago

Congrats on joining the club, Pizzaman13 ! I hope you love the game.

Keeping your RPMs high is the key to big scores on Hot Wheels. A secondary key is lighting and using Boost at the right time. Maxing your RPMs gets you to Red Line Mania and permanently shifts gears for higher Tach values... but it's harder to keep RPMs up in higher gears, so there's some debate about the sweet spot for gears to maximize scoring. IMHO 3rd Gear is probably the most lucrative long term.

Standard "modern game strategy" of starting a Battle mode and then stacking a multiball works well here. The only two multiballs that can run simultaneously are Loop Crash and Victory Laps, and only if you start them together... this pairing can certainly be lucrative. And EPIC can stack on anything at any time, but it's much more valuable if you start several (preferably all 5, but that's asking a lot) Epic Features simultaneously.

Hope these tips get ya going... have fun!

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Just joined the club. Any strategy tips greatly appreciated.
PS- I own Oktoberfest too. The tips from the AP guys on the forums were incredibly helpful. My scores so rocketed. Hoping for similar guidance and results

I'll a few tips off the top of my head. Most of the shots are backhandable. I like to backhand the kicker shot. It's fun to backhand the left orbit and right ramp.

If you accidentally start Boost, a good thing to shoot for is the drop target-- this multiplies the jackpot value during Track MB.

#32 2 years ago

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your following these forums and helping out the way you do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-rocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.