Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#462 4 years ago

I always preferred Matchbox vehicles to Hot Wheels as a kid, seemed to be more authentic looking. Kind of like the Coke vs Pepsi argument I guess.

Anyhow, is American Pinball really rolling out two new titles at TPF?

#465 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, Matchbox cars were great if you wanted to put them on a shelf and look at them.
Hot Wheels were great if you wanted to put them on a track and actually race them.
Johnny Lightning were great if you could not afford either of the other.

Not sure I follow your point there, I played the crap out of my matchbox vehicles. Don’t think at that age putting on shelf to look at was even something I could comprehend as a kid.

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My brother had this thing and it wasn't long before the spring in the track got all jacked and it would not work any more.

That’s pretty cool, I had a similar type track that had open wheel race cars and those babies were fast. If you didn’t manage the speed right they would go airborne big time in the turns!

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We had the Tyco slot cars for that. They hauled ass.
I'm still trying to remember another track my buddy had, it was not Hot Wheels or Matchbox, but was like plastic tubes that snapped together and the vehicles rode on that.

I think those are what I had the tyco slot cars. They were fun.

#477 4 years ago

Pretty sure this was one of the sets I had. Kind of forgot about them, wouldn’t mind buying one again!

DF0764D9-E870-460F-89CF-350E370F9463 (resized).jpegDF0764D9-E870-460F-89CF-350E370F9463 (resized).jpeg
#485 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometime in the 90s, a local hobby store had all kinds of Tyco slot car sets, and we set up a mega track again.

Sweet...probably drove them a little better too, that is unless there were some adult beverages being had!

Those cars were a blast!

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There is a middle aged guy in my town that has 3 large tracks like this in his basement. Every week, he has a race day with a decent size group of guys with food and whatnot. I keep saying I will stop by sometime and never do.

You should, that would be interesting to see.

#493 4 years ago

A theme I’m amazed really hasn’t been mentioned much from that early 80’s era is the Gi Joe cartoon.

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

But i mean, do you wear Stranger Things or Rick and Morty tees around town? Not sure that equates to pinball theme relevance

That's what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm screwed up, or maybe I just had too many friends with older siblings but by the time we were 7 or 8 we were exclusively trying to see the most violent r rated action/horror movies we could find.
So when I hear about people in their 40's talking about Goonies and Wonka I'm a bit confused.

I’ve seen quite a few people who appear to be in their 40’s or older wearing Goonies shirts and I’d be willing to bet most don’t own a single pinball or arcade machine. It’s a movie with a bit of a following, could be a really smart theme to build.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am 48 and I love the fucking Goonies! Pretty straight forward, not confusing at all. As for Willy Wonka, try watching it just for the brilliant performance by Gene Wilder. Oh no....stop....please.

I agree on both points.

Maybe if Goonies were before/after your childhood I get it but that was a huge part of 80’s pop culture on so many fronts.

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I was a grown up when that came out, but for some reason I don't go clamoring or wearing memorabillia from movies from the 1970s that were so much better than that. And nobody else I know does either.
I guess that's what it means to actually grow up.
Like the 70s, the 1980s are long over. History.
To put it in perspective, where's my Escape From Witch Mountain pinball machine?

I guess I’m not a judgemental person.

Ive been at many social gatherings bbq’s,pool parties etc...where people from Dr’s, lawyers, business folks, cops, pilots etc... basically all walks of life wearing Star Wars t’s, rock bands from 60-present, name your marvel movie I could go on and on.

Pretty normal shit in my opinion for people in the 35-60 age range out here on the east coast.

2 weeks later
#789 4 years ago

Looks pretty juvenile to me..easy pass on this one.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So do you consider Star Wars juvenile since your avatar is Darth Vader?

I know many older adults that are into SW but can’t say the same about Hot Wheels, that ship sailed a long time ago. Disney doesn’t seem to think it’s juvenile do they?

#935 4 years ago

Man I hope Stern releases Led Zepp soon!

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The Star Wars shipped sailed when disney bought lucas. But thats a whole nother conversation.

It’s more relevant today than fucking Hot Wheels with dinosaurs. That’s a fact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.