Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Sounds intriguing, I can imagine some great possibilities. I am likely in the minority here, but I think AP’s tendency to go for themes which are somewhat offbeat is quite refreshing, and this one could be really fun to shoot.
I thought Oktoberfest was a terrible theme when announced, but was pleasantly surprised by the finished product. If they get their act together in the art and animation realm, they will absolutely stand shoulder to shoulder with the big guys.
Let’s see this one in the flesh before rushing to judgment. I think AP is actually much more savvy than they often seem to get credit for around here, and am certain they have learned much from their experiences with the first two games.

Oktoberfest is probably the best/my favorite game ever made. I've never played a game with so much strategy and interaction. I understand people not liking the theme and difficulty(not enough easy multiballs) but the gameplay is unbelievable. AP is probably my favorite manufacturer, either them or Stern. The Hot Wheels theme doesn't grab me but if it's like their previous games, gameplay will be fantastic.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Seriously? That’s your top 7?

Not one of those would be in my top 10

#347 4 years ago

Oktoberfest is the best theme to come to pinball in the last 5 years. AP did it right with excellent gameplay and action.

1 month later
#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Terrible theme.

Better theme than Stranger Things...

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Not a valid argument. Themes shouldn't be a best of the worst. We should "want" to buy a game, not "settle" on one

Not an argument, just an opinion. If a game plays great, I'll look into buying one regardless of theme.

1 month later
#672 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Let’s bookmark this post and come back in 12 months. I think you are in an isolation bubble don’t have a good sense of the amount of people willing to shell out big money for this theme. It just doesn’t have mass adult appeal.

A lot of themes don't have mass appeal. Willy Wonka, Munsters, Deadpool, Iron Maiden for example. Fortunately for DP and IMDN the gameplay is fantastic. If the gameplay is good, I'll buy one.

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Terrible themes as they do nothing for grown-up, sponge are for 4 years old and a ten year old will have zero interest.
As a family man, my forte is ofc pixar movie, dinosaur works.
JJP themes esp woz., pirates and wonka are perfect family themes and as mentioned toy story, monsters Inc goonies, Coco would make all ages happy.
A family father is not going to Buy a frekkin baywatch or Maiden theme, atleast not if you want the family on board, and consider ING price, i really Couldn't shell 9k on a luxury item just appriciated by me....

Why wouldn't someone buy a machine if it's good, because the theme is scary? I have two kids 4 and 6, owned both a TWD and IMDN in the past. My 6 year old (5 at the time) loved TWD and IMDN, and played them both. She still brings up TWD and says we should get another one. We have a Rick and Morty coming later this year and you can bet the swear filter will be turned off. My wife doesn't care for pinball really so she doesn't care either way. Toy Story is our grail theme though and hopefully JJP comes through.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Yea, pins might be great beside theme. My Girls are 7 and 10, what Do you think they would like to play first? A toy story or walking dead pin?
You cant really think my wife would consider it great family fun, if i came home with a saw pin?
(saw would probebly work Well as a pin for grown up men. Solve traps etc etc)

I've never seen a Saw movie, but if it played well, I'd consider it. Never heard an IMDN song before I bought the machine. My daughter likes to play whats fun, fortunately she knows the difference between real life and fake tv shows/movies and doesn't get scared. Even the best themes can have boring gameplay, looking at GB and IJ(both Williams' and Sterns).

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a VERY BAD SIGN for the next AP game. ZERO answer on the subject of improved artwork/animation - the thing AP needs to address most critically:
TWIP: ...American Pinball had listened to feedback on the first two machines regarding shots, artwork, rule design, etc. Can you elaborate any more what people can expect in regards to changes in those areas?
Michael Grant: I think, and hope, that the entire pinball community will enjoy what the next game provides in terms of game layout and rules. There has been some wonderful feedback from so many folks, and the entire design team has taken that to heart for a game that is much more straightforward and intuitive, not only for rules– but also the overall playfield layout. The flow and geometry are really very special and I can’t wait for everyone to experience what has been created.

Overreacting much? Artwork and animations have been fine, besides gameplay is all that matters.

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Yeah, from FB stream. $6300 msrp. Comes with art blades. May come with a shaker. No call outs yet in code. Car spins faster as rpms go up. Orange vuk on left looks cool.

Damn, I was hoping sub 6k. I would buy one if it was less than 6k. I'll still probably pick one up, what's another $300.

1 week later
#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Considering what is going on in the world right now, considering that we have not been able to yet release quality game footage, and considering so few have gotten to play it, I think the response has been pretty positive. I get not everyone thinks it is a great theme, but I can point to a lot of games/themes that folks at first blush had doubts about and it turned out to be great games. I'm confident when folks get to experience the game they are going to really enjoy it and it is going to make them smile.

It looks great, can't wait to play one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.