Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 4 years ago

My first one. lol. Ten million miles of track later...

Vintage-Hot-Wheels-Redline-Pop-Up-House (resized).jpgVintage-Hot-Wheels-Redline-Pop-Up-House (resized).jpg
#104 4 years ago

I've played Hot Wheels. Pretty cool game but I like Bell Games F-1 Grand Prix much better.

#108 4 years ago

One of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. The pinball world has definitely had a shortage of car themed games lately unless you consider Mustang.

I will be interested to see what they come up with, but so far it's not one of those gotta have it themes from when I was kid situations. They usually aren't.

#110 4 years ago

All I want for Christmas is a Boss Hoss Silver Special. lol.

Bosshoss (resized).jpgBosshoss (resized).jpg
#197 4 years ago

Will there be a Fat Track LE?

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#200 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I wonder how many guys just from reading this thread are in the attic?
Basement or hall closets looking for there
Hot wheels ???

Sold all mine at a garage sale in the early 70s. And I think I'll just leave it at that.

Although this is probably still worth something today. Along with that Mongoose and Snake dragster kit.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#203 4 years ago

That was a fun thread. Until I got permanently banned from posting there.

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What? I didn't know that. Please appeal to the moderators as I would love to have you back in that thread.

No big deal. It was the entire hobbies without flippers sub forum, can't remember why.

They have already been super kind since my return, so perhaps the less places I can post, the better off I am.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I read most of that thread and don’t remember anyone mentioning hot wheels.

Really? That's what you get for putting me on ignore.

407bb852136847d78d2294ab7731354e2c15cd7a (resized).jpg407bb852136847d78d2294ab7731354e2c15cd7a (resized).jpg
#220 4 years ago

I do remember that now. I was jealous seeing so much track with one person.

That was the Super Charger Grand Prix Race Set. The only thing I wanted that Christmas. When I woke up Christmas morning there was no box that size under the tree. They had hidden it behind the couch. Haha!

The girl lived next door. She is up to like 15 children now.

Congrats you are American Pinball’s target demographic.

No, I left my childhood behind many years ago.

#223 4 years ago

Problem with Hot Wheels is after the Redlines went away and Sizzlers fizzled out, they pretty much sucked and that was over 45 years ago.

I remember taking my kid to the toy store and seeing what was left of them. lol.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Although it was the same company, that was Sizzlers not Hot Wheels.

Really? I could have sworn it said Hot Wheels right on the box.

71K+FcTVAoL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71K+FcTVAoL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#228 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wait so manufacturers are supposed to come into rumor threads now and dispel or confirm?

That’s a new one.

I'm waiting for Mattel to confirm it.

#230 4 years ago

I'm content to just let this be a tell us about your Hot Wheels thread.

I wanted an Indy Eagle so bad, but none of the local toy stores had one. When my birthday came around, somehow my brother had found one for me.

Now, my brother may be a lot of things now, but I will never forget that moment.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#232 4 years ago

Fastest car to ever go in and out of a supercharger. Who can name it ?
Hot-Wheels- (resized).jpgHot-Wheels- (resized).jpg

#233 4 years ago

Running one of these through a supercharger did not always end well.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#235 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok so that’s Odin - who will never buy a game like this and is just caught up the old man nostalgia as usual - and two others who are super into Hot Wheels.

I went through my Hot Wheels flashback in the 90s. lol.

Only time I ever called to order something off TV was when they offered reproductions the four chrome cars that came in the Hot Wheels club kit in a nice plastic display case. Then I gave it to a buddy that was more enthused than I was.

This is fun. Lets see how fast someone can name all four of the chrome club cars.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Peeping Bomb

Yep, the Peeping Bomb was the perfect width and had the perfect side contours so when it hit the rollers in the supercharger, it gained more velocity coming out than any other car we tried. Red Baron not so much as it would get all mangled and then what was left of it would eventually come shooting out.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I only know of three: King Kuda, Boss Hoss, and Heavy Chevy as shown in the pic. Nitty Gritty Kitty, the Cougar, was never offered as a club car.[quoted image]

I think you are correct. They threw the Nitty Gritty in with the others I believe when I got that repro set in the 90s.

The club kit was cool, but I was little bummed as the ad showed a Boss Hoss, but when I opened mine it had a Heavy Chevy.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, you couldn't pick what you wanted, lol. You got a random one of the three, and hopefully you could trade a friend if you got one you didn't want. I think the Boss Hoss was most kid's favorite.

An early lesson in false advertising. lol. I kept all the other swag for the longest time.

The kit cost like $5. In the early 2000s, a vintage toy store had an unopened one for $500. I didn't need to relive my youth that bad. Especially with the thought I might end up with another Heavy Chevy.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

could be awesome with some creative ramp/loop work.

Perhaps even a parachute or two as well.

d9d665e8ae6a8ca0460352b91ebfd488 (resized).jpgd9d665e8ae6a8ca0460352b91ebfd488 (resized).jpg
#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Will the game have pinballs in it?

Considering the era of the theme, these might be more appropriate.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#257 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

There still building them today

Of course they are.

0887961639896_p0_v1_s550x406 (resized).jpg0887961639896_p0_v1_s550x406 (resized).jpg
#285 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I sill have a club kit sealed unopened

Open it. We want to see your Heavy Chevy or King Kuda. There is also some cool literature in there.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

But wouldn't we rather be playing with our toys?

I don't consider coin operated gambling devices to be toys. More an adult thing, although when I was a child I took the older kids money playing blackjack and poker.

And no, I don't play with kid's toys anymore. Exception was when raising a child when she had nobody else to play with.

Also no, I am not going to go buy back all my Hot Wheels either.

#288 4 years ago

1 dollar in 1967 does not go as far now as it did then.

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

How far away is Fast and Furious pinball at Stern.

30- 40 years after F+F 15, I'd imagine.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yeah funny one! But Stern has that license and they just did finish another Universal themed game. I heard one of the next on deck is Fast and Furious.

Shame they couldn't get to it while Paul Walker was still alive. I mean, I would have loved to have seen this title 10-15 years ago.

But since Lucas Black has now quit NCIS NO to spend more time with his family, perhaps we might be seeing the return of Sean Boswell in an upcoming F+F.

When Fast 7 came out is when they really had the opportunity to do great things with a pinball machine themed after it.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I still think if the title Hot Wheels is real. It will be a redemption game and not pinball.

Makes sense.

#303 4 years ago

Hot Wheels is right in pinball's current wheelhouse. Pick a theme that is 50 years old where a game by the same name has already been done.

Quoted from LTG:

1969 Pink, Rear-Loading Beach Bomb – $175,000

I had the low budget Deora with the surfboards. lol. And the red Beatnik Bandit, not the pink one.

#304 4 years ago

Hot Wheels also had a larger line about 1970 called Gran Toros. And I think they had similar track for it too. They didn't seem to be very common. I think I had the Tarantula. Did anybody else collect these?

GT_page21 (resized).pngGT_page21 (resized).png
#307 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It should have a multi storey car park for lock balls

Or something like the Tune Up Tower. It came with a nice tool for straightening bent axles.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think Stern already has this license. This is a game I would buy. There is already a really successful video game based on this franchise.

There have been many different coin operated driving games for F+F since almost day one, so I'm guessing the license was never a problem.

The problem I think is pinball companies have been paying too much attention to pinsiders and their dream themes and it was not one that did very well here.

To me it's just too late to do the game justice now with the passing of Paul Walker and the other cast members leaving the franchise. Too late.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah because people watch those shitty movies for the acting and performances.
I’m pretty sure the theme alone would be enough for FF fans.

The actors and their characters and their interactions with each other is what helped turn the franchise into what it is today. From the early days of Dom and Brian being enemies, to becoming team members and best friends along with the rest of their extended family.

At least that's why I watched them. Sure they add new people, but the core family has been slowly disintegrating since before Fast 7.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I haven't watched any F&F since Chad Lindberg left to be a Ghost Stalker.
I'll never forget you Jesse!!!

I've watched them all now.

The over the top action is a lot of fun, but it was at it's pinnacle with Furious 7, a great tribute to Paul Walker, and for me it will never be the same again.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah 6 & 7 where venturing into superhero territory, 8 jumped the fuckin shark big time and was abit of a turd and I say that as a huge F&F fan.

I've enjoyed most of them since I saw the first one in the theatre when it came out.

As far as all out action, Fast 5 was pretty darn good. Still have a soft spot for Tokyo Drift too.

I watched one special about how they do most of the stunts for real in leu of computer generated and it's pretty amazing.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Hobbs & Shaw?

Didn't see that one...yet. Like I said it hasn't been the same since Paul Walker passed away. But apparently it still made a lot of money.

#387 4 years ago

For those not overly familiar with the Fast and Furious movies. This is one scene from the 8th installment Furious 7 four years ago.

1 month later
#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Hot wheels is a mattel toy for five year old kids.

Sure, I was 5 years old in 1967 when they first came out, but it stayed good until I was almost 10 years old.

#411 4 years ago

Stranger Things must appeal to an audience I am not a part of.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Tell that to the 40 something collector paying $500 a pop for red line Hot Wheels?

If you have ever watched the show Collectors Call, there are all kinds of grown ups obsessed with filling their houses with memorabillia of one kind or another. In at least two episodes, a Kiss collector, and a Wizard of Oz collector, they each had the corrosponding pinball machine. Some of these guys don't look like they get out much.

#417 4 years ago

It would certainly be one of the better themes they have come up with in years.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

What the hell do think a pinball machine is? It's a glorified toy that happens to take your money.

A commercial coin operated, sometimes gambling device, mostly designed to be left in a public location to make money.

Don't know of too many toys that include a coin door and the ability to make money. Never did I walk up to a pinball machine, put money in it and say "I'm going to play with this toy now".

I really wish the pinball community would stop using the word "toy", when referring to these commercial grade machines.

Is a slot machine a toy? Is a soda machine a toy? Is a snack machine a toy? Your car might be a cheap toy, but I don't believe any of these are.

3 weeks later
#464 4 years ago

Yes, Matchbox cars were great if you wanted to put them on a shelf and look at them.

Hot Wheels were great if you wanted to put them on a track and actually race them.

Johnny Lightning were great if you could not afford either of the other.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure I follow your point there, I played the crap out of my matchbox vehicles.

They were slow and the only track I remember had a long spring in the track that helped them along.

Hot Wheels came out because we wanted cars that moved fast.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They were slow and the only track I remember had a long spring in the track that helped them along.

My brother had this thing and it wasn't long before the spring in the track got all jacked and it would not work any more.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That’s pretty cool, I had a similar type track that had open wheel race cars and those babies were fast. If you didn’t manage the speed right they would go airborne big time in the turns!

We had the Tyco slot cars for that. They hauled ass.

I'm still trying to remember another track my buddy had, it was not Hot Wheels or Matchbox, but was like plastic tubes that snapped together and the vehicles rode on that.

#476 4 years ago

Found it!
SwitchNGoBox (resized).jpgSwitchNGoBox (resized).jpg

This thing was dope.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Kind of forgot about them, wouldn’t mind buying one again!

Sometime in the 90s, a local hobby store had all kinds of Tyco slot car sets, and we set up a mega track again.

#486 4 years ago

I'm spending that much money, I'm going big. My next door neighbor had one of these in his garage.

The coincidence is one of the kids from the neighborhood I haven't see since the 70s that used to hang out there just stopped into my work.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Somebody thought the Corvair was a great idea

#502 4 years ago

Word is the Johnny Lightning license is coming much cheaper.

Still think this ad is pretty bogus.

Al_Unser_Winner_Of_The_1970_Indy_500_Says%3A_Boys%2C_Which_Are_Faster_%E2%80%95_The_New_Johnny_Lightning_500s_or_The_Sizzlers%3FAl_Unser_Winner_Of_The_1970_Indy_500_Says%3A_Boys%2C_Which_Are_Faster_%E2%80%95_The_New_Johnny_Lightning_500s_or_The_Sizzlers%3F
#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve seen quite a few people who appear to be in their 40’s or older wearing Goonies shirts

" I don't care what you do, I wouldn't want to be like you..."
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe if Goonies were before/after your childhood I get it but that was a huge part of 80’s pop culture on so many fronts.

Yes, I was a grown up when that came out, but for some reason I don't go clamoring or wearing memorabillia from movies from the 1970s that were so much better than that. And nobody else I know does either.

I guess that's what it means to actually grow up.

Like the 70s, the 1980s are long over. History.

To put it in perspective, where's my Escape From Witch Mountain pinball machine?

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty normal shit in my opinion for people in the 35-60 age range out here on the east coast.

Yes, I guess out on the left coast, people tend to move on a little faster and live in the now a bit more. I don't see much if any 80s memorabillia at all. That's a decade a lot of us would rather forget. Myself included.

To be fair, in the 90s, I had a slight bit of nostalgia for the 70s with posters and a lavalamp. Probably a faze a lot of people went thru, then grew out of.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Come on....don't tell me you don't have a CONVOY tee somewhere.

No, but I did find a CB radio when I was cleaning out a box of junk that probably should have been thrown out years ago.

#527 4 years ago

lol.

Funny, that movie keeps popping up on some off channel, but my fingers keep refusing to press the button on the remote to record it.

2 weeks later
#639 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

A pinball machine is just an overpriced toy for all of us grown men.

These are super fun, overpriced, coin operated toys too.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#643 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am so sorry you do not know the difference between a vending machine and an amusement device. But hey, to each his own I guess.

They are both coin operated commercial grade equipment as far as I am concerned. Unless of course your collection is comprised of Zizzle machines.

A roller coaster is also an amusement device, but funny how I never considered it to be a toy either.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You don't play games with a candy machine or a pop machine. You certainly don't play games with a roller coaster

When we play checkers or chess, or even hungry hungry hippos, they are also games, but I never remember anybody calling them toys either.

I know the old saying "he who dies with the most toys wins", but I don't see it that way either. He who dies is just dead.

#647 4 years ago

Hey Lloyd, how long have you been calling your coin op machines toys?

#651 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are a thing, used to generate income. I can't be passionate about them.

3rrso0 (resized).jpg3rrso0 (resized).jpg
#691 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I think people put way to much emphasis on theme.

Not really. I can think of dozens of recent crappy themes that would prevent me from wanting to buy them or even play them more than once.

#701 4 years ago

I would have bought a Spongebob pinball machine. Like 10 years ago when my daughter was 11.

Now for her it seems to be all about Family Feud and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

#713 4 years ago

R&M is a good theme and sold 750 units. That is less than the 1k sales threshold we’ve heard Balcer say is needed for a successful pin. So from American Pinball’s perspective they need to pick a great theme and execute well to sell 1k pins.

Rick and Morty might have sold 1000s of units had they been available.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're using repurposed Mattel Hot Wheels cartoon clips

This might be cool after all.

Hot-Wheels-1969-television-cartoon-show-footage-race-car-toy-garage-400x250 (resized).jpgHot-Wheels-1969-television-cartoon-show-footage-race-car-toy-garage-400x250 (resized).jpg
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't "get" the spinning car though.

Hey, it worked before.

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg
#995 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not a fan of having my info handed out to others after a sale goes down.

Anybody that gives out your info without asking you no matter what the circumstance is super lame.

Thanks for the heads up on this nineball.

#1026 4 years ago

That link sends you to a walk thru at the Captain's auction. Did not watch the whole thing but don't believe they had this game there on Saturday.

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Jump in about a minute thirty.

I guess the Captain does have one. Might have to go check it out.

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Search "hot wheels cartoon" on Youtube.

Search Hot Wheels Cartoon 1969 and that's what I'm talkin' bout.

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think Shrek was a Chuck-E-Cheese only game..

TSPP and Nascar too. There was also an EM at one near us.

#1142 4 years ago

They better get selling them before there is no more money left to buy them.

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Probably the best time in Pinball theme wise.

That's seriously debatable. Worst ever IMO.

It's probably all coming to an end soon anyway, so the industry will be able to pack it up with at least a little dignity left.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes I believe you're on the older side of the house so that makes sense. I feel like you've already had your turn ; )

Let us younger guys get some new blood in here!

The themes you mentioned seem super old to me.

What my years have told me is it has been a strong economy that has supported the buying of new machines the last 5 years. Take away the strong economy, and what are you left with?

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Doesn't matter what the theme is if the economy crashes.

It's happening as we speak. Not only was it overdue, now we have the panic set in.

With the way things are unfolding, how many are ordering new pinball machines?

I don't want to sound like doom and gloom, but it is the reality of the situation.

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Stern is loving them some Covid-19! If the HUO slows much, not many nascent pin companies will survive. Which sucks.

Yep, it should be easy to pay the rent and overhead on that huge new building they just moved into when sales slow to crawl..

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They will be the one who survives is my point.

You guess.

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Everything is pretty much a placeholder at the moment.

A placeholder until the economy recovers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.