Topic Stats

• 1,387 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 65 days ago by pipes
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 129 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200317-143034_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200317-143022_Twitter (resized).jpg
ancient-toilets-dion-greece (resized).jpg
nirmal (resized).jpeg
HW2 (resized).jpg
HW1 (resized).jpg
2F7F84C8-150A-4821-826B-DE8A0BCA8944 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1583980876793 (resized).jpg
880BF6D3-5ADF-4E8E-B690-B16404F62823 (resized).jpeg
capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (79 days ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (79 days ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (79 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majicman110.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#450 3 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Hot wheels is a mattel toy for five year old kids.
I´m still puzzled the thread lasted for almost 10 pages.

Isn't pinball all about marketing to the little kid in each of us?
Don't get me wrong, I never had hot wheels and I'm not into cars, but I was also shocked when I found out about the number of people that thought Wonka was a good theme. I don't know anyone that ever saw that movie, so I can't believe anyone over the age of 5 would be interested in it.
I also don't know any guys my age that saw the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I always thought that those movies were for 12 year old girls that liked Johnny Depp.
I like listening to Kaneda, but laugh out loud when he talks about Transformers or He-man being a good theme.
I am not insulting any of the above people, just saying that people that care about theme in pinball tend to be fueled by nostalgia. So if you weren't into what I was into when we were kids, then we will think each other's dream themes are dumb.
Is hot wheels a good theme? I don't know. But it dosen't sound any dumber to me that Pirates, Wonka, He-man, Muppet Babies or the Letter People.
But then again when I see these machines I just play them and I'm glad to be playing pinball. If I think a machine is fun I keep playing it. If not, I switch to another machine.
So if you hate hot wheels, then go get a rick and morty, wonks, stranger things, iron man, star wars, celts or one if the dozen other games you can get nib right now

#503 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its not enough for it to simply be a 'thing' - you need the overlap between those that want said thing, and be willing to spend 6-10k on a pinball machine. You also have to look at how much they cross over their passion into other types of product.
I don't see a ton of hot wheels jackets/tees walking around town...

But i mean, do you wear Stranger Things or Rick and Morty tees around town? Not sure that equates to pinball theme relevance

#505 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its not enough for it to simply be a 'thing' - you need the overlap between those that want said thing, and be willing to spend 6-10k on a pinball machine. You also have to look at how much they cross over their passion into other types of product.
I don't see a ton of hot wheels jackets/tees walking around town...

But i mean, do you wear Stranger Things or Rick and Morty tees around town? Not sure that equates to pinball theme relevance

Quoted from Hazoff:

Well u should be.
Wheres The Road Warrior and Dune and Blade Runner, The Running Man. A new great Terminator pin based only on the first film, Robocop, Predator and Alien for fuck sake. I mean there's themes from our yute that aren't about kids and adventures at sea and new TV shows about kids at sea, whatever. Insult them, every chance u get.

That's what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm screwed up, or maybe I just had too many friends with older siblings but by the time we were 7 or 8 we were exclusively trying to see the most violent r rated action/horror movies we could find.
So when I hear about people in their 40's talking about Goonies and Wonka I'm a bit confused.

2 weeks later
#540 85 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Here some other possibilities
Some like it hot Pinball
Hot Fuzz
Hot Stuff
Hot Shots
Could even be a Billy Idol Pinball “Hot in the City”
Or could just be Hot Wheels.
LOL
Personally I can’t wait to see it!

Devil's Dare 2: Double Dare!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 6,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
6,295 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider majicman110.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside