Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Kaneda just announced Hot Wheels as the next AP pin. Makes sense with the tease with the keys. He also said they are working on a second unlicensed pin.

#4 4 years ago

It may turn out to be a cool pin but there is a lot of competition coming with some great themes. I think it may be a tough sell.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’ll believe it when I see it.
How many times has he said stuff that was just flat out wrong?

That’s certainly possible...

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

KANEDA KANEDA KANEDA

That’s a bold move. Naming the name not once but thrice!

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not on their list. Redemption game ?
LTG : )

Hi Lloyd. When you refer to their list are you referring to the trademarks for Sherlock, Poker Run, Robin Hood and Valkyrie? I heard they abandoned those marks, but don’t actually know if that’s true.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The list of four they posted. No idea if they trademarked them or not. Also I don't know if you can abandon them either. I thought you were stuck with that until it expires ?
LTG : )

There’s a filing process for trademarks. You can abandon the mark before it is actually issued. In other words, there is a difference between just filing for the mark and actually seeing the filing through to get the mark issued to you.

#96 4 years ago

I keep waiting for COZ to chime in. He’s the AP insider correspondent

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Going retro....?
[quoted image]

That Hot Wheels game actually looks pretty sweet. I will be taking a closer look!

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It really isn't, Budget Seawitch.
Now Mexico 86 aint bad

Yeah. I just read that when I looked it up.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hope my opinion is wrong and we all end up loving it if it comes to market.

I hope everyone ends up loving it. I just think there is a big difference between a fun and innovative pin that people want to play and a fun and innovative pin that people want to buy.

#268 4 years ago

I wasn’t thinking they would do a Cumberbatch version. I kind of assumed it would be a generic Sherlock Holmes.

#294 4 years ago

Despite the sales numbers for Hot Wheels, I think consideration needs to be given how sales of a toy that costs a couple of dollars translates into sales of a machine that costs $7,000. Every parent tosses a Hot Wheel in the cart because the cost is so nominal.

#333 4 years ago

I said something similar earlier in the thread but I just don’t see how Hot Wheels can compete with Stranger Things, TMNT, Rick and Morty, etc. They are all going to come out around the same time. Even if Hot Wheels is a high quality game, it’s really about allocation of dollars and I don’t see dollars allocated to Hot Wheels given the competition.

#334 4 years ago

Full reveal:

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Was this posted yet? It's a mock up not real but doesn't look bad.[quoted image]

Where is the mock up from? I know it says Franchi, but did he post it somewhere? Sorry if I’m behind.

2 months later
#657 4 years ago

I read through this thread and others and see so many complaints about AP pins. However, I have to ask how many of those people have actually played or even seen one? For example, I live in Minneapolis which has a very active pinball scene. Numerous locations with many many pins to play. I think there is one Octoberfest in Minnesota on route - not in Minneapolis. I played Houdini and thought it was great! I just wonder if more people had access to them if opinions would change?

#812 4 years ago

I’ll have to check out other pictures as they become available, but it looks really really nice. Much better than expected, but I do wish they would have done away with the odd shaped head. However, AP may see that as a “signature look”.

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Jesus...getting to be almost like an ambulance chaser.

I actually appreciate Zach’s work ethic. There is a reason that everyone knows about him on these forums and it’s not just the fact that he posts.

Zach - Keep hustling my friend. You are earning whatever you are being given. That’s a good thing.

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Do you mind listing the new pins you’ve heard of that are getting ready to come out? Thanks

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Guns N Roses and, at the time I made that post, Stranger Things. The rationale being all three of those are probably more desirable themes than Hot Wheels.

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I love pinball but what lame themes. I mean if u love it then Im happy for ya but imagine a world where it was Road Warrior, Blade runner, a new Robocop pin and maybe a Terminator based on the first film. Motorhead instead of GnR. I'm just venting via personal taste.

I’m not saying I love those themes. I’m just saying people will probably deem them to be more desirable than Hot Wheels. In other words, if you were forced to buy one, would you choose Hot Wheels or one of the other three?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.