Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 4 years ago

I think people in the industry often test each other by leaking false rumors to see if they can keep their trap shut. Also, I firmly believe that Kaneda gets trolled from time to time, leading to a lot of the stuff that turns out being false, like Joe Balcer leaving American Pinball.

I could be wrong, but I just can't imagine American Pinball is dumb enough to release this game as a regular pinball themed game when it seems like it is clearly make or break for them. Perhaps as a side project redemption style game for amusement places.

#336 4 years ago

Wrong thread.

2 months later
#544 4 years ago

What are the chances that this isn't actually Hot Wheels?

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Marketing matters :/

Of course marketing matters, but you first and foremost need a THEME that matters, and appeals to your target demographic. That has been the real issue.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Listen up people, there is a target Hot Wheels collector market that is ravenous for the original "Sweet 16" Hot Wheels cars. You build a machine full of imagery of those specific cars and you make it about "collect them all!" Coupled with video of the RedLine MAG wheel case that opens up an you fill each slot with your cars, you would have one Massive Hot Wheels collector must have pinball machine. Let the player select the time period (decade possibly? ) when they start collecting, brings in all fans of Hot Wheels over all time... sound interesting if they go that route.
When I was 6 years old, I got my first one and my brother and I spent every dime we had getting all of them over the next 2 years. We filled 5 of those mag wheel cases over the next few years after that, plus it seemed like we had about a 1/4 mile of that orange track. We could stretch it from the tree house, all the way down the block for 4 more 1/2 acre lots. Now you tell me how many of us are old and rich enough we just dropped 8.5k for a Monster Bash r LE, and so my demographic won't support 1000 machine sales? Think again.

Let’s bookmark this post and come back in 12 months. I think you are in an isolation bubble don’t have a good sense of the amount of people willing to shell out big money for this theme. It just doesn’t have mass adult appeal.

#710 4 years ago

I think (most) everyone is rooting for AP to land a theme that is popular and has mass appeal, both for homeowners and location play. I hope "Hot Wheels" is a code name for a much better theme. Spooky is showing that this is possible right now. I hope this next title allows AP to turn a corner.

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea what became of Fast and Furious.
Ford was involved with Mustang from it's development. It was reported here on Pinside.
I don't recall anything about Fast and Furious becoming Mustang.
LTG : )

Trudeau mentioned in an interview that Mustang started as Fast and the Furious. Not sure at what point in the development it pivoted to Mustang.

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Apparently there is a Hot Wheels on site at the AMOA show in New Orleans this week. A friend saw it yesterday when he was setting up and said he would send me pics of it today.

Hot Wheels Pinball? Or this...

HW (resized).pngHW (resized).png
#799 4 years ago

New pinball is always fun to play it for the first few times. I hope the games plays great. I do think that this will be the best selling AP game yet, but that isn't a super high bar.

#980 4 years ago

I have to think this is an attempt to get a lower cost game into the marketplace. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't have as much "stuff" going on to justify a Stern Premium level price-point. I bet this thing launches lower than a Stern Pro price.

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Personally their direction from day one has seemed offbase, and without a director or team leader in charge that is capable enough of molding their brand. They have talent, but also really one team of talent, but beyond that they definitely need outside guidance.
They have so many attributes that are worthy though, sadly....

This is a result of poor management and the company not being led by a pinball person.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.