Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#139 4 years ago

If whatever AP comes out with next is anywhere as close to awesome as Oktoberfest is I am in.

And I love the fact that AP has awesome customer service, and interacts and answers questions here on Pinside.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I just don’t see how Hot Wheels can compete with Stranger Things, TMNT, Rick and Morty, etc

I have never watched any of those shows. I care less if Hot Wheels is the next title from AP or not. Whatever pin AP comes out with next I will pick up if it is as fun and as different as their first 2 releases.

Except for football mainly the only thing I watch on TV is Deadliest Catch, and Gold Rush.

#370 4 years ago

I vote Scooby!

2 months later
#453 4 years ago

I have never seen Wonka, and never plan to. I had never seen a Pirates movie until after I got the JJPOTC machine, and I have seen 2 of the movies now. I wanted to get more about what was going on in the game is why I watched some movies, and they were not half bad.

I had Hot Wheels when I was very young, but by the time I was 12 I was operating heavy equipment for my Dad, loaders and excavators, so I grew up fast.

I do plan to get whatever AP's 3rd pin is, just because I like their first 2 so much.

Theme wise I would like to see a Gold Rush pin, with callouts from Parker and Tony Beets and loaded with excavators, or a Deadliest Catch pin.

#504 4 years ago

I never wear tees, but I do wear pinball baseball caps.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

So when I hear about people in their 40's talking about Goonies and Wonka I'm a bit confused.

I agree with that 100%.

Funny so much hate for Oktoberfest, and it is all beer related that most of us enjoy as adults.

2 weeks later
#559 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Oktoberfest should have never been made IMO.

Oktoberfest is my favorite game, I love it! My JJPOTCSE is not going anywhere either, but I like OKT even better.

We all like different stuff, there is no right or wrong, just what we prefer.

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

When you own a business that needs to turn a profit, there absolutely is a right or wrong.

I can see that with OKT. It may not do well on location. But in home it is awesome because of all the variety to try.

For business probably every cookie cutter game that is easy to figure out probably is best. But for home, a game like OKT is way better for all the variety.

I only play at home, and the more variety a pin has the longer it lasts. And for me OKT has the best variety period.

And hell no, on location I would not want to keep putting money in to try all the different stuff.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Unfortunately for AP, there’s only a few hundred people that would strongly disagree with my assessment. I’m glad that those that own it are enjoying it but you have to realize that you’re in the extreme minority otherwise they would have sold thousands. They really need to focus on delivering the total package instead of putting everything into one or two elements only.

Like I said, there is no right or wrong, we all like different things.

If AP really needs to sell thousands of a machine to keep the doors open, then hell yes I hope they have some big hit soon so they can keep going.

In the meantime IMO, AP has the best quality control. My OKT, and HOU have never had any playfield issues. And both are so unique, and not cookie cutter games.

1 week later
#1268 4 years ago

OKT is my favorite period. I had sold a machine I was tired of and just wanted to try something new, and I like beer, and amusement park stuff, so I said why not. Glad I did, OKT not going anywhere.

My distributor kept talking about HOU, and how he loved it, and in his collection, so I sold another machine I was tired of and picked up a HOU. Still on the fence with my HOU, but it will also be a long time before I would get rid of it, too many things I still want to try.

So anyway, I have been like hell yeah, I love AP games, I am in on whatever their 3rd game is. And at no time did I ever plan to be first in line on their 3rd game, I always wait a while and read comments from owners.

For a long time it has been planned the next game here is a 2020 Golden Tee, and after that AP's 3rd pin. Hot Wheels may or may not happen here, depends on owners comments for me.

Who knows, Hot Wheels may have awesome code like OKT, with all kinds of things to do. From the pics I have seen here the shots look tight like on HOU.

Anyway, if any of you plan to be in my area, you can shoot me a pm to see if I am available to try the OKT. To understand it you do have to study the benefits from each Stein, and decide what strategy you want to try for...so many different ways to try this game it is so awesome. But so deep you have to sit and think a bit. With OKT if you just bat the ball around with no clue you will never enjoy it. If you have a plan before you plunge the first ball of what you want to try for, you will get it and love it. The game is deep in a great way.

And back to Hot Wheels. Like I said, looks tight like HOU, and I am still on the fence with that, but, BUT, if it turns out AP has combined the tight shots of HOU, with the awesome deep stuff that OKT has, I am in.

This is where I am at right now. OKT not going anywhere, TWD not going anywhere, JJPOTCSE not going anywhere.

MET Monsters Prem, and SMVE on the fence, along with HOU.

Seriously, you need 2-3 hours of OKT to get it, and once you do, GOAT. And I am keeping a open mind about HW, until I know more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.