Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Hot Wheels makes what, 80 billion dollars a year? There are millions of adults who collect them, millions, not hundreds. Adults collect all kinds of dumb crap in case you haven't noticed. Transformers, TMNT dolls, MTG cards, you name it. Just because you think collecting toys as an adult is dumb (I would tend to agree), doesn't mean it isn't a huge industry.

Its not enough for it to simply be a 'thing' - you need the overlap between those that want said thing, and be willing to spend 6-10k on a pinball machine. You also have to look at how much they cross over their passion into other types of product.

I don't see a ton of hot wheels jackets/tees walking around town...

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

At least as many as Monster Bash, Attack from Mars, and Medieval Madness jackets.

None of which has to do with the points being discussed...

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

But i mean, do you wear Stranger Things or Rick and Morty tees around town? Not sure that equates to pinball theme relevance

Yes you do... and their kids too.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And how many Elvira (or Munsters) shirts have you seen lately...?
No one was saying Elvira was a bad theme.
I don't think t-shirts are a great pinball-theme indicator.

The comment was more about how someone boasts about their interests...

When you have a hobby subject matter that you think people are going to buy big "trophies" for their home -because- of the theme... it's likely going to be a subject matter that person is not shy about.

When you say "that guy is a big Star Wars fan..." or "a big Harley fan..."... "a big Yankees fan..." -- and are the memorabilia types, or the type to have things to show off... most will show that brand loyalty in their daily wear too.

It's not just fans of something that matter... it's having fans that want to show their engagement to the point of buying 6k furniture

2 weeks later
#719 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oktoberfest is a GREAT playfield layout, the mechs are cool, the ramps are really cool - the rules are really fun and extremely creative. It’s all the stuff people say they want. Maybe it should have been an easier game for casuals If they were going to sell to breweries. And too bad it couldn’t have been easily rethemed into “Root Beer Oktoberfest” for inclusion in places that look down on alcohol related themes.

Could have remade it into a carnival game easy enough IMO...

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think Shrek was a Chuck-E-Cheese only game...but I don't know much more about it other than it sharing a layout with Avatar(?).

eh?

Shrek was a retheme of Family Guy... and if I recall... an idea lobbied for and pitched by Jersey Jack.

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Critiqueing all this display stuff is pointless. Everything is pretty much a placeholder at the moment. Since when has screen graphics been set in stone after a stern reveal? Oktoberfest is completely different than a year ago when it came out. Placement makes sense to me since the side area would have been dead space. Glad they are always trying something different keepin it fresh.

Don't confuse 'not done yet' with 'shit, we gotta change this because it wasn't good enough'

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

However my one complaint about Rick an Morty is the lack of theme intigration. It plays like TNA part 2 with sounds and art from the show thrown over top. I didnt feel like I was watching the show at all? If you know the history of how Scott developed this game without ever meeting the producer it shows.

I think you are high. The rules art and toys all tie in nicely. At the end of the day it's a pinball machine.. you have to expect the things in front of you will be pinball things to do...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.