Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donkadelic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 4 years ago

I actually think this theme is kinda genius. All the other companies are zigging more for the home market so you zag and make a game like this. Huge appeal for kids on location, kids fun centers, adventurelands, go karts, dave & busters, etc. As long as they integrate the theme well I think this will do really well for them. It's not really designed for home users who aren't already Hot Wheels fans, granted, but that markets already a bit saturated isn't it? This is kinda what they were going for with Oktoberfest and bars I suspect but on a much larger and smarter level.

Also, fuck Kenada. Used car salesman con-man extraordinaire who runs fake auctions for charity. D-bag.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

The problem is kids don't buy pinball machines. Also, kids at these 'fun centers' want to play games with neon flashing lights and one big button that lasts 10 seconds before they move on to the next. Pinball doesn't work in these places. I'd love to put a Stern JP next to one of those new JP sit-down shooting games I see at these 'fun centers' just to see what gets played. Not even close.

How did that work out?

I suppose I should have phrased that as - 'adult Hot Wheel aficionados within the pinball community' instead.

You are grossly exaggerating what all kids like. Kids love pinball that's a fact. Jurassic Park is not a pin designed for kids. Hot Wheels is. And there is crazy money in kids entertainment these days, panic rooms, vr arcades, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this American Pinballs wheelhouse? They sell these kind of things as well right?

I'll repeat again, this game is not aimed at the home collector who isn't a fan of hot wheels.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Perhaps you are the one grossly exaggerating what all kids like. Pinball doesn't hold a candle to redemption games, VR arcades or anything with bright flashing lights and a screen with a big button.

If this is actually AP's rationale for producing a pin with this theme, I'm sorry but there is no hope for them as a pinball manufacturer. The fact that you seem to think this is a good marketing strategy is troubling as well.

You still seem to think it's an either/or proposition, it's not. Pinball & Arcade games go great together. Also gives something for the adults to do. You aren't thinking outside the box, which is what American Pinball need to do here. Playing the same game Stern & JJP are has already proven to be a losing proposition.

2 months later
#458 4 years ago

I think you guys are seriously underselling the appeal of a Hot Wheels theme.

Writing off Hot Wheels as some toy for kids is pretty silly when we're on a forum dedicated to pinball machines...

Hot Wheels makes what, 80 billion dollars a year? There are millions of adults who collect them, millions, not hundreds. Adults collect all kinds of dumb crap in case you haven't noticed. Transformers, TMNT dolls, MTG cards, you name it. Just because you think collecting toys as an adult is dumb (I would tend to agree), doesn't mean it isn't a huge industry.

This only has to sell like 500 machines to be a hit right?

On top of that I still think the theme plays very well for kids/teens at fun centers/d&b's stuff like that. The game could be really fun as well if they utilize the hot wheels "ramps" to good effect.

I'm on a wait and see with this one I really don't understand the hate, and this is coming from a self-admitted hater.

PS this current concensus opinion that "theme is all that matters" is kinda stupid if you ask me. This is an idea pushed by marketers and advertising execs (cough kenada) because they live and die by the idea that most people have to be conned into purchasing something.

Let me ask you this, what sold Monster Bash, Attack from Mars & Medieval Madness.....arguably the top 3 games of all time. Theme?

but I digress...

#491 4 years ago

I definitely didn't like Houdini or Oktoberfest as a theme but this one definitely has me interested. I just don't think people should write it off before seeing it that's all. American has solid build quality so if they can do something fun with those trademark orange ramps, could be a winner. And at the end of the day isn't fun what pinball is all about?

Why the immediate hatred for a theme that isn't really that bad is it? It's light years ahead of the last 2 at the very least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donkadelic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=donkadelic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.