Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dandandan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The design of that ad is terrible.

Don't blame me

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Dan seems pretty cool too.

I do seem pretty cool don't I?

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

American Pinball and JJP should just join forces at this point.
Bummed to hear Barry and and Dan moved to JJP, but good for them. They will be an asset to JJP.

I'm not at JJP.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dan did not go to JJP only Barry. I am hoping for bigger things for Dan if I have my way....

Signs point to YES!

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Hmm.
SpaceX. Hollywood. Or....intergalactic time travel as an alien god?

why not all three?

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

A little optimistic I would wager.

And it would be a very safe wager.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Maybe it's a movie license....[quoted image]

colder...

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He who dies is just dead.

Unless he is a Dracula

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Marketing matters :/

um yeah (resized).pngum yeah (resized).png
#705 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

They just really don't care about how many are sold or if they ever make a profit hahaha!

Actually they do.

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

No, I don't consider it to be a great game (though in fairness I only played it a couple of times). But that's my point, it didn't do well because it wasn't a great game (and also a lot of people just never saw/played it at all).
But it didn't fail because of the theme - it failed because so few got to play it, and those that did were not overly impressed.
So if AP can fix THOSE issues, then Hot Wheels (which is at least as good a theme as their previous ones) can do well.

I can tell you a beer theme will prevent a game from getting into FECs and movie theaters which is stills a good portion of the market.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

MOST wealthy people start wealthy. Them, and the few that break through keep the wealth the way you described.

The exact opposite is true.

Roughly 20% of millionaires inherited 100K

Around 2% inherited 1 million or more

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I'm really rooting for API, but I really can't get into this theme. Hopefully the gameplay is good.

I have no great love for API and I can say with no reservation it is a very fun shooting game and cool rule set.

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ouch Dan. Hope you landed ok!

Sure did and Thanks!

#902 4 years ago

My tongue hurts from biting it so hard

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

AP didn't leak it. People at the industry show did.
Maybe AP should have timed their reveal to the public sooner, or at the same time.
LTG : )

You're assuming it wasn't a planned "leak".

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't be a dick and add the kittens and puppies comment at the end. It's a sleazy move but you acknowledged the mistake and you apologized. Just end it there.
And "reading all this crap" (as you so nicely put it) IS the purpose of the thread.... It's not inserting your BS selling techniques to shill for your business. You know.....hearing from the community about their thoughts regarding the game is the point of pinside.

I have to stick up for Zach here a minute, he as a distro had a product revealed and needed to get in front of it or risk losing sales because you know other API distributors are going to be doing the same thing.

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well you have a good point there.
Let the people do the launch for you. Pinside, Facebook, etc. etc.
Faster, better, and more efficient.

I would have done it differently

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope they get some games on location quick so people can see and play them. And want to buy them.
Reveal not happening at TPF ( and maybe MGC ? ) could hurt things. Not a lot of AP games on location. Most people get exposed to them at shows.

OR it could be a blessing in disguise.

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Vishnu works in mysterious ways.

namaste!

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Did you watch the video? They say it is simplified. Which it is. This is the second time I heard complaints about the outlanes? No one appears to be having trouble making the shots? Doesn't look difficult to me.

It has the best flow of any API game and IMHO the funnest to shoot, I didn't find any shot terribly hard to make.
The rules are very intuitive and fun probably my favorite Josh has done to date.

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I wouldn't dismiss the weird vibe in that video so quickly.
Quite the opposite via my eyes. I think there's a lot that can be looked at there.
Dan...seemed really, uncomfortable in some of those situations. Just an observation. And since this was shot, he's left the company, as well as Barry, who is also in the video.
Their company President leaps out of frame and doesn't really talk to anyone. He did the same in the facebook stream that came up for Hot Wheels. If he's more from a traditional Indian family, that definitely guides some behavior.
Two games out, one ticket redemption being worked on, and I only saw one line worker there.
Pinball is all about nepotism, it's present in every company, and that makes sense. But I wonder why the guy doing graphic design work isn't an outside hire. It's obviously an assumption that he's related, but judging by his quality of work, he doesn't have much professional experience or pinball experience. Hence their GUI is poor, and as we've seen with Hot Wheels, will continue to be. Get that guy training, a partner, or give him a different non creative job.
Also, I always still wonder what facilitated Joe Balcer heading there. Did Lawlor push him out? Did API offer him complete freedom and more money?
There'd so much a weird hodgepodge that makes up API, and this video clearly demonstrates that in some ways.
Obviously we all have opinions, and they're just that, but this video had a distinct feel about it, and it wasn't for lack of work in that building.

I can tend to use colorful language and it can be challenging to not say something stupid when on camera, also I was biting my tongue alot.

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You got some guns on ya man..! Keep those reps up.

20 years ago I was built like a Greek God, now I am built like a Greek .

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I want to try to read up on Dhavel more than I have. He HAS to be a combination of figurehead like Gary or Jack, as well as their investors. As such, even if he's introverted, he DOES need to be somewhat assertive and sell. Otherwise, why did he get into this business??? That's what I truly want to know, as that guidance from him, is steering the semi half arsed direction of API, and really something we all wish to see, is API succeed.
Nirmal is Dhavel's nephew, if I'm not mistaken.

Dhaval and Nirmal are cousins.
Mukesh is Nirmal's father and Dhaval's uncle.
Ish is not related

#1361 4 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

incorrect. There is no Street price on AP games. If you have a distributor that is offering it for less, then you have a untrustworthy distributor. Because if he is willing to violate his distribution agreement, who knows what else his word is not good for. Now if your trading in a machine, thats different and allowed. But outright sales by agreement have to be 6295 plus tax and shipping unless you are at a show

Not True
Various manufacturers have different distribution agreements
Some have a minimum advertised price, which mean you can not advertise a price below XXXXXX
Some have an agreement to not sell below XXXXXXX

but when it comes down to brass tacks once a distributor buys inventory THEY own it and can sell it for what ever they want
The manufacturer can pull their distributorship and not sell them games in the future if they violate agreement but that is hard to prove and rare

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dandandan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.