Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Priced right...it will sell. I think alot of us had Hot Wheels as a kid. The theme is perfect. I would want some awesome ramps that go with crazy turns and twist. And sounds from real cars.
-Mike

Is $7000 the right price? As in $1500 more than a Stern pro?

Hard to believe it will be less, as their previous masterpieces retail at that price, and that's without spending big-time Hot Wheels licensing cash.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I'd like to see $6500 or less. The playfield toys are pretty cheap at Walmart if ya know what I mean
-Mike

Seems unlikely you'd see a price drop when they are paying up for a license for the first time, and the company has likely yet to have turned a profit in any manner.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Meh, just can't get excited about that. AP has to be holding on by a thread at this point. All I could think when I saw this was it should have been micro machines..... (just kidding, it really shouldn't have been either)

Oh man if they could get the micro machines fast-talker to voice call outs this thing could be huge!!!!

He's still alive!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Moschitta_Jr.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Your roommates should get you rims for X-mas.

Yes that bed needs a rim job for sure
!

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think this is a pretty good theme for a pin but I have to wonder why pay for the license. Do you really need Hot Wheels, I think you could do pretty much the same thing with an unlicensed product. Hopefully they go a little Pokemon and have hundreds of cars to collect, that spans multiple games. Persistent user data would be massive with this theme.

AP has surely learned by now that if they are going to have a chance they simply have to start paying for licenses. Public Domain scraps just aren't going to cut it.

Quoted from Mrawesome44:

American pinball continues to shoot itself in the foot and it's just sad to see. I don't think hot wheels is a terrible theme but out of all the licenses available and they choose hot fking wheels. They are about to be slaughtered in the market because its upcoming competition is Rick and Morty, Stranger things, Toy story, Guns and Roses, and Ninja Turtles and lets be honest who would choose Hot wheels over any of those above upcoming titles.

It's really not that simple. They can't just snap their fingers and get whatever license they want.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The fact it is Hot Wheels is a plus as it includes most car makes and models.

I would guess you would be getting the "hot wheels" brand but all cars would be generic. You wouldn't be able to put a Camaro on the art package just because a Camaro Hot Wheels toy exists.

They wouldn't pay up for specific car brand rights. If they had those kind of resources they'd obtain a better license.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

This is one of the weirdest themes...it has almost no appeal, but the opportunities for fun mechanical action are much richer than most of the TV and music licenses we keep getting. It's a paradox!
It's classic AP in that I wouldn't buy new, but would consider used sometime down the road.

It's classic AP in that anybody who pays north of $7,000 for one is gonna end up desperate to sell it at $5,500 with no takers.

#218 4 years ago

What's with all the baseball analogies lately?

Can't swing a dead cat without someone saying Stern or Spooky or Other will "knock it out of the park!"

#227 4 years ago

Wait so manufacturers are supposed to come into rumor threads now and dispel or confirm?

That’s a new one.

#234 4 years ago

Ok so that’s Odin - who will never buy a game like this and is just caught up the old man nostalgia as usual - and two others who are super into Hot Wheels.

Fortunately given the track record of the source this rumor is probably magical 70s bullshit.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Possibly the world's first vertical ramp loop?

It’s been done before and it always sucks.

I believe strange science has one. There’s a couple others also.

Anything bigger a) wouldn’t fit under glass, and b) wouldn’t work without some serious magnet power or solenoid getting the ball all the way around the loop.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

High speed sold 17 thousand and change. Getaway sold 13 thousand and change.

30 years ago, yes.

How did nascar, corvette, Indy 500, NASCAR, and Mustang do?

Car themes don’t sell and nobody wants them.

Fast and furious would do fine but that’s a movie franchise not a car franchise.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There have been many different coin operated driving games for F+F since almost day one, so I'm guessing the license was never a problem.
The problem I think is pinball companies have been paying too much attention to pinsiders and their dream themes and it was not one that did very well here.
To me it's just too late to do the game justice now with the passing of Paul Walker and the other cast members leaving the franchise. Too late.

Yeah because people watch those shitty movies for the acting and performances.

I’m pretty sure the theme alone would be enough for FF fans.

1 month later
#429 4 years ago

A pinball machine is a toy like a coke machine is a toy.

1 month later
#955 4 years ago

Game looks fun. Reminds me of Banzai Run a little.

I would have left the endlessly rotating car back to 90s Gottlieb land. Doesn't seem like it would do much except provoke motion sickness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.