Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#277 4 years ago

I actually preferred Matchbox cars when I has a child, they seemed better made back then.

1 month later
#444 4 years ago

Jaguar apparently thinks Hot Wheels are still pretty cool, I believe they set some new record for the most loops in one track with this setup. I still think this rumor is bullshit but the F-Type Jag is one of the hottest looking cars I've ever seen and it is an absolute beast with the blown 5.0 V8 upgrade.

4 weeks later
#750 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

I can tell you a beer theme will prevent a game from getting into FECs and movie theaters which is stills a good portion of the market.

So that's what doomed Pabst Can Crusher!!

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Vin Diesel is a huge gamer and geek, he also has more control over the franchise now than ever before, he’s branched the series out recently into a new video (looks shit though) a Netflix CG animated series which isn’t too bad my son watches it and he actually provides his voice and likeness for it. I’d be amazed if he wouldn’t be interested in having a F&F pin.

The problem is licensing, if Stern couldn't get the license for an 80s Ford Explorer for JP how do we expect F&F to have any of the cars that make the movies even remotely watchable?

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It isn't that Stern could not get the license...they didn't want to pay for it. Huge difference. GMC (Gomez Motor Co.) is essentially free to the company, because they are already paying Gomez a salary. That is how these Profit Pumping Pimps™ operate businesses like Stern these days.

Well of course it could be attained but if the price was too high on that license for Stern I think it stands to reason that AP getting licenses for 4 or 5 cars from the F&F franchise or even a single movie is going to be cost prohibitive for them too.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Apparently there is a Hot Wheels on site at the AMOA show in New Orleans this week. A friend saw it yesterday when he was setting up and said he would send me pics of it today.

Make sure he has a phone with a good camera and takes them from far away (at least at first) in case the API guys don't want him taking them.

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

[quoted image]

The display is smaller (maybe not, hard to tell for sure) and moved off-center which is kinda weird but may help from an backglass art perspective. Also looks like they went back to the Houdini-style backbox. I'm sure we'll be getting some more pics of the actual game soon.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Played it already?

He used to work there so I'm pretty sure he's had the chance to flip it a time or twenty.

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because we haven't even seen the game flip, no pricing info, no delivery estimates[quoted image]

When has that ever stopped pinside hysteria for a new title??

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A loop the loop, a corkscrew or jump ramp where no brainers for this theme.
Pop bumpers as pistons instead of cheap plastic tyres would have been nice.

I think a loop would be really hard to do with such limited height under the glass unless you did some kind of accelerator and stuck in the very back of the game, they may have thought / found that too difficult to make reliable as well. As for the pop bumper tires (tyres to you ) don't assume they are cheap plastic, both OKT and Houdini have some cool hand-crafted details on them and I wouldn't be surprised if the two tires are the same quality.

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

My tongue hurts from biting it so hard

Let it loose Dan!

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Definitely appears to have a lower BOM than their previous games. My first thought was that it resembles something that would come out of the Stern factory.

Nope, it has two spinners!!

EDIT: and too many RGB inserts (though not the whole playfield from what I can tell).

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

When games 1 and 2 don’t sell well, you either take a risk and through everything into make game 3 a sure fire hit or play it a little safer and cut costs in case you have soft sales again, guess AP went with the safer option.

Or maybe they said "screw Pinside and the collectors, we gave them unique layouts and toys without band / movie themes, quality playfields and they shit all over us. Let's sell this thing to people who will put them in movie theaters, entertainment centers and other places where kids will play them and make the game simpler for them." Or maybe they just figured the theme appeal required that tactic of making a simpler game.

#964 4 years ago

Where is the shot that feeds the Blue ramp on the right, I don't see the entrance to that on the layout posted or I'm just missing it.

#1065 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Distributors post on Pinside and Facebook regarding new game releases and pinball festivals and shows to take interested lists or orders. This is absolutely normal. And if JJ, Craig, Chris, Zach, Joe or whoever else might be an AP distro wants to make a benign advertising post, who cares? Pinside is always growing and not every distributor sells this game. So it's safe to assume we don't all know where we can buy it.
The few people complaining in this thread about an interested list are the same people that post 30-50 times a day on this site, much of the time shitting on everything else. So that is no surprise. It's just amusing when your complaint is about a forum thread being 'littered' when nobody else wants to read your impetuous negative drivel every 7 posts. As if every forum wasn't already a shit show made by you.
So Hot Wheels, huh? I'm excited to see it in a couple weeks. I think it will perform well at a kid's fun center or a barcade. I think it's too early for anyone to know whether or not it's a good game based on what's been shown and that it hasn't been played. Some of the shots look interesting. Hope it sells well for AP.[quoted image]

If only I could up-vote this 100 times!

#1067 4 years ago

After watching more video it appears is does have full RGB even for GI, something Stern's Premiums and LEs don't even have and I think is a huge distinction!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.