Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Sweet. I could put it next to my bed.[quoted image]

Your roommates should get you rims for X-mas.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Or a CB radio so you can talk to other car beds.

So glad someone got the reference...

#167 4 years ago

I’ll just add that Hot Wheels is still very popular, especially in my house.

6EC14B43-B415-45D8-BE5C-0DE477249822 (resized).jpeg6EC14B43-B415-45D8-BE5C-0DE477249822 (resized).jpeg
5C5EF966-A303-444D-A25E-2D9308EB9C6C (resized).jpeg5C5EF966-A303-444D-A25E-2D9308EB9C6C (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#438 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

How great would Wacky Races be? You already have assets available, pick your racer, have an end goal for each mode or such. So many of cartoons would be great, but I can see being able to tie this into a pinball machine.[quoted image]

In a thread a year or two ago, I suggested Laff-A-Lympics. Same concept and characters. I'd love the Really Rottens not to be selectable and instead they have traps all around the playfield (diverters from lit shots, pop up traps like in Mousin' Around, magnets, subways...etc. Hell, even Tommy blinders). Would be one of the most fun themes to design a pin around IMHO.

1 week later
#470 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

At an arcade today. Is this AP?[quoted image]

It's made by Adrenaline Games. www.aagames.com

3 weeks later
#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm..I was expecting at least some form of looped ramp. Either a few like TFTC or an actual loop off the shooter lane. How can you have hotwheels and not have a loop?

Agreed. As I posted a long time ago, and shown again below, Hot Wheels is a super cool license to those with kids. With the bright colors and art package, I also expect this to do well on location. I've played 2 Houdini's and an Oktoberfest that was short lived (at a location that got rid of all pins), but wow do I miss that game dearly as (outside of the animations) it was the closest thing to a JJP you could get... and for less coin.

But going back to the quote above, I have to agree... and street price is what's going to make this a hit or miss. AP has been hovering in the Stern Premium range. This particular game lacks additional flippers, mechs, and toys consistent with their past 2 releases... but it does at least have a half decent theme. But wow, do I associate Hot Wheels with cool loops, flips, turns, corkscrews, and launchers. So a fan layout WITHOUT bright orange tracks swooping everywhere is a bit of a let down... unless price forces me to consider otherwise.

For me personally, as a huge Hot Wheels "parent" (2nd generation fan), the orange track doing all sorts of cool loops and twists is why I'm a Hot Wheels fan. I don't think the playfield captured that at all... but I'm also conditioned from AP for this to be at a Stern Premium price.

If they shock us all and put this in the Stern Pro price range, a lot of us may be second guessing this title. This game has just as much as some other Stern Pro's, and if it's well done in the animations department as well, this could get a portion of home owners, but also a good share of location owners who want a good game that earns. Fingers crossed that this game is priced correctly, as I love their first two efforts and I personally love this theme!

Wall tracks (resized).jpgWall tracks (resized).jpg

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I have to say it - I would buy this over a Stranger Things LE in a heartbeat. The API games that I have have had less issues vs. my other games too. Damnit! I may have to buy this.

Wow, I just looked at your collection, and that's saying a lot! You may need to take over that thread who asks if their collection is the G.O.A.T (which is BS because we all know there is only one GOAT across all sports and hobbies, and that's Tom Brady )

#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Agreed. As I posted a long time ago, and shown again below, Hot Wheels is a super cool license to those with kids. With the bright colors and art package, I also expect this to do well on location. I've played 2 Houdini's and an Oktoberfest that was short lived (at a location that got rid of all pins), but wow do I miss that game dearly as (outside of the animations) it was the closest thing to a JJP you could get... and for less coin.
But going back to the quote above, I have to agree... and street price is what's going to make this a hit or miss. AP has been hovering in the Stern Premium range. This particular game lacks additional flippers, mechs, and toys consistent with their past 2 releases... but it does at least have a half decent theme. But wow, do I associate Hot Wheels with cool loops, flips, turns, corkscrews, and launchers. So a fan layout WITHOUT bright orange tracks swooping everywhere is a bit of a let down... unless price forces me to consider otherwise.
For me personally, as a huge Hot Wheels "parent" (2nd generation fan), the orange track doing all sorts of cool loops and twists is why I'm a Hot Wheels fan. I don't think the playfield captured that at all... but I'm also conditioned from AP for this to be at a Stern Premium price.
If they shock us all and put this in the Stern Pro price range, a lot of us may be second guessing this title. This game has just as much as some other Stern Pro's, and if it's well done in the animations department as well, this could get a portion of home owners, but also a good share of location owners who want a good game that earns. Fingers crossed that this game is priced correctly, as I love their first two efforts and I personally love this theme!
[quoted image]

Yeah I'm quoting my own post. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?
paddy tanniger (resized).jpgpaddy tanniger (resized).jpg

One thing I realized when seeing all those people talk about how car mods would only cost $1 from Walmart on this pin, I also realized that the lack of integration of Hot Wheels' orange track may not be entirely terrible... as long as done correctly. The "orange" ramp is straight at the entry, and then is straight as it comes back down the PF. One could easily get a piece of Hot Wheels track wedged under the ramp flap going up, and then again as it comes down the ramp (mass x velocity should overcome any lip a piece or track on top of the ramp there creates).

Now we have orange ramps on the PF for what, like $3-5 cost? So surely you'll be able to buy these on Pinside as a set for, what, $90???

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, how about this for a toy to replace the spinning car of repetition... with a spinning car of repetition?
How many of you ever joined the track together end to end to form a continuous loop, then put your car on it and then get it spinning in a continuous loop-loop-loop fashion?
Ok, put in a slowly revolving continuous loop of track offset at a 45 degree angle... a plexiglass disk with the car mounted to it could be spun from the perimeter using rubber wheels hidden in the base... a single motor drives both the rotation of the track mount and the plexi disk. Now you have this oscillating and mesmerizing centerpiece that speeds up and down as the car continuously travels in its loop-loop-loop path. At least you would have a car doing a loop for crisakes.

We were thinking along the same lines, but even more simple. Just make the continuous loop vertical and have the spinning car incorporate a 90degree gearbox. Now you have a car doing a vertical loop and could mount the track loop around the area it’s spinning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.