Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#891 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A loop the loop, a corkscrew or jump ramp where no brainers for this theme.
Pop bumpers as pistons instead of cheap plastic tyres would have been nice.

Looks fun, but i have to agree. A full loop for sure and possibly a jump incorporated. There are a ton of loops in the art, none on the playfield...

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah. It happened in code. Code progress was fine for about a year, then a major code update broke the audits completely (it rebooted when you tried to clear them). They said fixing that was not an AP priority. Shocking. I couldn't believe what I was told, especially after working to push Houdini and talk up AP with the operator I was helping. That was the end of the AP route experiment, which sucked because the game was actually earning well.

Pardon my ignorance on routed games, but why would audit #s trump earning #s and cause the route operator to get rid of it, if its earning?

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just like Mustang-Corvette-Indy500-Nascar... they may be good games. I don't know.
Because

Will the drop to $6200 kick off a round of price realignments around the industry? That's $100 more than the current MSRP of Stranger Things Pro. Granted, you have to pay shipping with AP games, and nobody is paying MSRP for Stern games if they are not completely clueless. The market is saturated, and about to be even more saturated due to the number of titles that are about to be released. A slowing economy will mean slowing pin sales for a lot of HUO buyers. Will we see some dog-eat-dog tactics and more aggressive pricing/discounts among manufacturers to stay competitive in the coming months? This could be the the second shot shot of a new pinball war. Remember, JJP lowered the price of Wonka SE last year already.
As for me, I still think the big market disruptor of 2020 is going to be Punny Factory

Stern is loving them some Covid-19! If the HUO slows much, not many nascent pin companies will survive. Which sucks.

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

So the game looks like it might be fun, but I have to speak up about the screen. Look at this screen capture:
[quoted image]
The numbers are unreadable. This has been somewhat typical for AP games - using multiple fonts, with too many colours and not enough contrast. I didn't really comment on the previous games but now it's game 3 and this stuff is still happening.
Please guys, look at how Alien and Dialed In do it. Spooky has been good as well with ACNC and now R&M. Those are the gold standard. Lots of reference games to look at. No reason for this to continue.

I used to rolleyes PinMonk when he critisized the the fonts and whatnot . I chalked it up to "Most arent watching the display when playing" then I saw this pic and thought ok, this is over the top horrible...

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep, it should be easy to pay the rent and overhead on that huge new building they just moved into when sales slow to crawl..

They will be the one who survives is my point.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You guess.

You know? Ok let me rephrase, one of the ones who survives. If this covid 19 panic keeps up, many nascent pin companies, will not make it. Im fairly confident Stern will.

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You ALL will come to the light eventually.
Well, unless you work at AP. Muhahahahahahahaha...

Lol. First thing i thought when i saw the screenshot was yea, Im wrong. Still not sure on the animitations while in play, but if this is still an issue, then art direction is still a problem overall. Plus, loops missing on a hotwheels theme that has loops galore in the art..

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I think the backglass looks sharp. The monitor offset doesn't bother me.
But...despite the fact that I'm seriously artistic ignorant, I think it would have been really neat to just grab the missing backglass art (where the monitor is at) and use the display to 'fill in' that missing artwork for when the high scores were shown (i.e. the orange track loop continues thru the display). Almost an illusion that makes the display disappear. Might be tough color matching tho.
[quoted image]

So i just saw this on FB. Either they fixed it, or bad initial pic. Much better..

FB_IMG_1583980876793 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1583980876793 (resized).jpg
#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

a few quick twists of the screwdriver and that car spinning problem would be gone... I favor modders coming up with something less vertigo inducing...

Im just hoping that its a place holder? Since it hasnt been officially announced, the employees arent talking about it, possibly something is still coming to replace it. I mean, that really cant be it, can it??

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't recall that. Was it at least a nice shirt?

Same QC person in the shirt line, as the pin line, soooo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.