Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 4 years ago

Lots of possibilities with the theme but AP really needs to step up the quality of their LCD animations.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I swear folks, JJP and AP are their own worst enemy. Of all the instant buys out they choose Hot Wheels? Let's make it easy for them
1. The Matrix
2. MIB
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Star Wars Battlefront or Rebels
5. Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth
6. Wolverine
7. Despicable Me
Etc...etc.... They need to stop listening to whoever is telling them to make these nonesense titles.....damn why can't they be like Stern and just come here and rip off our ideas.

At least 5/7 of those seem dead on arrival at $7k - $10k+. I don't see Stern making any of those themes, maybe the Matrix. A Red Dead Redemption pin could probably be pulled off voice actors from the games are hired and high quality animations are created.

2 months later
#1083 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This is compatible to Sterns home line reveals. Fair enough. Companies are allowed to have some flops if they also have hits. Every Dialed In has its Pirates, Every Munsters has its Jurassic Park. Still waiting to see anything good from AP (Houdini defenders jump in here)
I dont know anyone in my league who would want an AP game so far.

Are you really comparing Dialed In to Munsters? Dialed In is hell of an amazing pin.

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The main toy is just annoying and it spinning in mid air is more suited for an airplane game than a car game. Maybe they can code it to only spin at certain achievements rather than all the time.

I agree. Just watching the car spin over and over again in the video was giving me a headache. The spinning car appears to the single toy on the game and yet it doesn't interact with the ball, or player even, at all...

Has it been confirmed if pricing is lower on Hot Wheels due to AP scaling back toys / mechs?

#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

First off, have you seen what Stern does lately when they “interact” with the ball? The truck in JP? The Black Knight in BKSOR? Pretty beefy toys, with a $$ hit on BOM. With AP “scaling back” from OKT and HOU it is no wonder the most interactive thing in the machine is a drop target and VUK...
Engineering something to take ball strikes AND change the directional of movement of the ball requires more cost, more testing, more hassles. Operators know that if you put a toy on the playfield it better be rock solid, non-destructible, and if it does break, doesn’t take the machine completely out of commission with it. This machine looks like a Stern Pro on steroids that had its heart, liver, and lungs ripped out at the last second. Good for operating at Chuck E. Cheese, but not a great effort for the player/collectors IMO. They would have been better off re-skinning OKT with Hot Wheels art than this scaled back, Pro-like offering. But this may all be for naught with a shrinking economy.

Yes, interactive toys cost money but isn't that why we are paying all time record high prices for games? If these games were still $4k-$5k I can see the justification for minimal toys, plastic ramps, etc. However, for $7k+ there needs to be more than two plastic ramps and orbits to justify the cost of a game in my opinion. A plastic spinning car for $7k+ that doesn't interact with the ball and it being the only real toy on the playfield? I don't see the value there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.