Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #777 Hot wheels pinball flyer Posted by RobDutch (4 years ago)

Post #778 Picture of hot wheels pinball Posted by PismoArcade (4 years ago)

Post #838 Playfield pics Posted by wcbrandes (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.
#1 4 years ago

Kaneda just announced Hot Wheels as the next AP pin. Makes sense with the tease with the keys. He also said they are working on a second unlicensed pin.

#2 4 years ago

Hot Wheels would spark my interest.
-Mike

#3 4 years ago

This is a smart idea. Tons of things you can do with this theme. Plus, who didn't have at least 1 hot wheels as a kid?

Nice job AP!

#4 4 years ago

It may turn out to be a cool pin but there is a lot of competition coming with some great themes. I think it may be a tough sell.

#5 4 years ago

I think that could actually turn out to be pretty cool.

#6 4 years ago

I agree it's a good potential theme for a fun pinball machine I would play on location - but unless they really knock it out of the park, not sure it's a theme I want in my basement.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

It may turn out to be a cool pin but there is a lot of competition coming with some great themes. I think it may be a tough sell.

Priced right...it will sell. I think alot of us had Hot Wheels as a kid. The theme is perfect. I would want some awesome ramps that go with crazy turns and twist. And sounds from real cars.
-Mike

#8 4 years ago

Hot Wheels has been my top theme for a new pinball for as long as I can remember. I even drew up some crude layouts for a homebrew pin. Very interested to see how this one turns out...

#9 4 years ago

So many cars!

6205_c_68_sweet_16_group_1647 (resized).jpg6205_c_68_sweet_16_group_1647 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Priced right...it will sell. I think alot of us had Hot Wheels as a kid. The theme is perfect. I would want some awesome ramps that go with crazy turns and twist. And sounds from real cars.
-Mike

Is $7000 the right price? As in $1500 more than a Stern pro?

Hard to believe it will be less, as their previous masterpieces retail at that price, and that's without spending big-time Hot Wheels licensing cash.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Kaneda just announced Hot Wheels

we don't say that name in this house.....that is why you have been thumbs downed.

#12 4 years ago

Oh the possibilities. I think this would be a great one!
It would seemingly appeal the the same hair band loving demographic, buying the rock pins, that has the disposable income for a $7500 toy.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

we don't say that name in this house.....that is why you have been thumbs downed.

That ban has been lifted for a while.
-Mike

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is $7000 the right price? As in more than a Stern pro?

I'd like to see $6500 or less. The playfield toys are pretty cheap at Walmart if ya know what I mean
-Mike

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Kaneda just announced Hot Wheels as the next AP pin. Makes sense with the tease with the keys. He also said they are working on a second unlicensed pin.

Um, yeah. If my six year old grandson had $7K to drop on a pinball machine.

#16 4 years ago

AP certainly has their own direction in terms of theme choices.

#17 4 years ago

Hot Wheels would be a hard pass for me.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I'd like to see $6500 or less. The playfield toys are pretty cheap at Walmart if ya know what I mean
-Mike

Seems unlikely you'd see a price drop when they are paying up for a license for the first time, and the company has likely yet to have turned a profit in any manner.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I'd like to see $6500 or less.

So you're gonna wait for a HUO then?

#20 4 years ago

Meh, just can't get excited about that. AP has to be holding on by a thread at this point. All I could think when I saw this was it should have been micro machines..... (just kidding, it really shouldn't have been either)

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Meh, just can't get excited about that. AP has to be holding on by a thread at this point. All I could think when I saw this was it should have been micro machines..... (just kidding, it really shouldn't have been either)

Oh man if they could get the micro machines fast-talker to voice call outs this thing could be huge!!!!

He's still alive!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Moschitta_Jr.

#22 4 years ago

I just do not see this competing well with GNR, Stranger Things, Rick & Morty, cactus canyon, etc....

#23 4 years ago

Find a way to drop the ball from the top of the back box and now we’re talking
31E2266E-ED40-441B-9F21-1DA953E3F16F (resized).jpeg31E2266E-ED40-441B-9F21-1DA953E3F16F (resized).jpeg

#24 4 years ago

Sounds cool but there better be a loop and a jump!

#25 4 years ago

Not sure how you make Hot Wheels appeal to anyone older than 12. Could be fun I guess but picture plastic ramps and cheap toy cars. Wouldn't it be better to license real cars? The new mid engine Corvette is coming out so great time to redo that theme. Jeep is extremely popular now and loved by all. Easy to translate 4x4 off roading with a ball going up and down ramps. Porsche would be amazing with their rich history of sport cars and racing. Safe to say that on average people that buy these kind of cars have a lot more spending money than those into Hot Wheels.

#26 4 years ago

Pretty cool theme idea, and not one that I would have thrown out in the "what do you want as a theme thread". Pretty unique and full of potential

#27 4 years ago

How about a "Super-Charger" for the ball (similar to SW's hyperloop)?

img_2028 (resized).jpgimg_2028 (resized).jpg

#28 4 years ago

like Nascar

#29 4 years ago

So much potential with theme integration here. Just the idea alone of the track with ramps
I think it will make a great game if executed properly!

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

like Nascar

Yeah, but this one could go to 11!

#31 4 years ago

I’ll believe it when I see it.

How many times has he said stuff that was just flat out wrong?

#32 4 years ago

Hoping Hot Wheels is code name for the real theme Masters of the Universe.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That’s certainly possible...

#34 4 years ago

I think this could be a fun and interesting theme. At least it's not another old, rock band (don't get me wrong, I'm old and I like the bands) or a comic book movie. I'm just glad to see more manufactures in the industry as this gives all of us more choices. Good luck API with whatever theme you go with.

#35 4 years ago

I think just like High Speed, this is a fun way to do a "car pin" without alienating the car people who have a strong bias against a particular car manufacturer....the anti-Ford people would never buy a Mustang pin, the anti-Chevy people would never buy a Corvette pin...this strikes the happy medium.

I think this type of theme and license has the capability to be attractive to a wide audience and doesn't necessarily have to be forced into a kiddie look and feel. I'm excited to see what AP does with this!

#36 4 years ago

whats next, Stompers?

#37 4 years ago

Based on theme alone, I would agree with Kaneda's first impression. It's a game I would totally play on location or at a show, but probably wouldn't own. That's how I've felt with both Houdini and Oktoberfest.

#38 4 years ago

Get out the glue

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

whats next, Stompers?

Posi rear. So much torque.

Can we get these in there?

zep (resized).jpgzep (resized).jpg
#40 4 years ago

Sweet. I could put it next to my bed.

bed (resized).jpgbed (resized).jpg
#41 4 years ago

He who shall not be named?

#42 4 years ago

There's a lot of uptight people on this site....

#43 4 years ago

I think the theme makes sense for pinball enthusiasts who have families (what little boy doesn't love hot wheels?) Outside of that, I can't see too many location based places going nuts over this theme. Personally, I'm just hoping for a really creative layout.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

He who shall not be named?

KANEDA KANEDA KANEDA

Quoted from Crile1:

Based on theme alone, I would agree with Kaneda's first impression. It's a game I would totally play on location or at a show, but probably wouldn't own. That's how I've felt with both Houdini and Oktoberfest.

Which is unfortunate as I've personally found that AP's games, like JJP's games, are particularly WAY better in a home environment than on route. More so than the typical Stern game anyway.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

KANEDA KANEDA KANEDA

That’s a bold move. Naming the name not once but thrice!

#46 4 years ago

Who the f*k is kenada and who cares what he thinks

Hot Wheels would be a cool game. In the minority probably but I like racing and car themed games like Mario andretti, victory, mustang, etc.

#47 4 years ago

You mean we can’t say Hot Wheels?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

He's been wrong A LOT, but he did call the new BM66 art before I heard it anywhere else and I have a feeling he's got good info here too. I didn't listen to the podcast but I thought he wasn't going to spoil the title? Eh, if the information is out there enough to get to Kaneda they don't deserve the secret to be kept.

Anyway, interesting theme. Certainly has great theme integration possibilities and AP makes interesting playfields. Maybe the most interesting playfields out there? It's just not a theme that I see making anyone's must buy list so I'm a bit worried for AP. I think AP is a good company to have in pinball as they're innovative, actually make the machines they say they're going to make and they seem like good people at the company as well. I'm rooting for them!

#49 4 years ago

What manufacturer is AP?

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

What manufacturer is AP?

American Pinball
-Houdini
-Octoberfest

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda?hl=hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.