capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.
#401 4 years ago

Do you think this guy will buy a Hot Wheels pinball game?

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/check-mans-500-car-vintage-183956959.html

2 weeks later
#402 4 years ago

This thread really petered out ?

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

This thread really petered out ?

Hot wheels is a mattel toy for five year old kids.
I´m still puzzled the thread lasted for almost 10 pages.

#404 4 years ago

I absolutely loved my Hot wheels as a kid, they were awesome fun. Wish I had kept them.

Perhaps Hot Wheels is decoy/code name and the title really is ??????

As a theme I expect it to be very challenging to translate to pinball. I guess my imagination is not as vivid as team AP.
I know one thing, if AP is making Hot Wheels they will do the theme justice.

I love everything that AP do, and they do it so well with passion and integrity.

Really looking forward to your next Pinball release Team AP.

Some Super Cool Cars here.

#405 4 years ago

Terrible theme.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Terrible theme.

Better theme than Stranger Things...

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Not a valid argument. Themes shouldn't be a best of the worst. We should "want" to buy a game, not "settle" on one

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Not a valid argument. Themes shouldn't be a best of the worst. We should "want" to buy a game, not "settle" on one

Not an argument, just an opinion. If a game plays great, I'll look into buying one regardless of theme.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Sure, I was 5 years old in 1967 when they first came out, but it stayed good until I was almost 10 years old.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Stranger things is a far far better theme because of the story and characters. What’s debatable is the execution.

#411 4 years ago

Stranger Things must appeal to an audience I am not a part of.

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

A Tween Theme?

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Tell that to the 40 something collector paying $500 a pop for red line Hot Wheels?

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Tell that to the 40 something collector paying $500 a pop for red line Hot Wheels?

If you have ever watched the show Collectors Call, there are all kinds of grown ups obsessed with filling their houses with memorabillia of one kind or another. In at least two episodes, a Kiss collector, and a Wizard of Oz collector, they each had the corrosponding pinball machine. Some of these guys don't look like they get out much.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Great.
If thoose 40 are all into pinball, they will sell 40 games.

#416 4 years ago

I gotta be honest , it could possibly be a good game . I know it will be well built
Have some limited collectible cars on the playfield. All theses Stern lovers ? They have turned out slot of shit for years !

#417 4 years ago

It would certainly be one of the better themes they have come up with in years.

#418 4 years ago

I love how the naysayers say that Hot Wheels is a kiddie toy/theme. What the hell do think a pinball machine is? It's a glorified toy that happens to take your money. A good pinball is a good pinball, I don't care if it's called Little Mermaid.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I love everything that AP do, and they do it so well with passion and integrity.
Really looking forward to your next Pinball release Team AP.

Awesome! How are you enjoying your Oktoberfest?

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

A good pinball is a good pinball, I don't care if it's called Little Mermaid.

Please don't give AP any ideas.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It would certainly be one of the better themes they have come up with in years.

Yea, atleast top three.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Yea, atleast top three.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

What the hell do think a pinball machine is? It's a glorified toy that happens to take your money.

A commercial coin operated, sometimes gambling device, mostly designed to be left in a public location to make money.

Don't know of too many toys that include a coin door and the ability to make money. Never did I walk up to a pinball machine, put money in it and say "I'm going to play with this toy now".

I really wish the pinball community would stop using the word "toy", when referring to these commercial grade machines.

Is a slot machine a toy? Is a soda machine a toy? Is a snack machine a toy? Your car might be a cheap toy, but I don't believe any of these are.

#424 4 years ago

I gotta grown up Hot Wheel for you right here, my brother @o-din.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200124222844472_COVER~2 (resized).jpg00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200124222844472_COVER~2 (resized).jpg
#425 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Awesome! How are you enjoying your Oktoberfest?

I would be so in on AP Oktoberfest, if only the Local distro was cool and the AUD had some balls.

Sadly the pinball market down under is unrealistic

1 week later
#426 4 years ago

How great would Wacky Races be? You already have assets available, pick your racer, have an end goal for each mode or such. So many of cartoons would be great, but I can see being able to tie this into a pinball machine.

wacky_races.jpgwacky_races.jpg
#427 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

How great would Wacky Races be? You already have assets available, pick your racer, have an end goal for each mode or such. So many of cartoons would be great, but I can see being able to tie this into a pinball machine.[quoted image]

There is actually a virtual pinball version of wacky races. Check it out.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A commercial coin operated, sometimes gambling device, mostly designed to be left in a public location to make money.
Don't know of too many toys that include a coin door and the ability to make money. Never did I walk up to a pinball machine, put money in it and say "I'm going to play with this toy now".
I really wish the pinball community would stop using the word "toy", when referring to these commercial grade machines.
Is a slot machine a toy? Is a soda machine a toy? Is a snack machine a toy? Your car might be a cheap toy, but I don't believe any of these are.

An amusement device, commonly filled with toys, shouldn't be considered a toy? OK.

#429 4 years ago

A pinball machine is a toy like a coke machine is a toy.

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

There is actually a virtual pinball version of wacky races. Check it out.

Thanks, I had no idea! I will definitely give it a look. I love me some Wacky Races.

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A pinball machine is a toy like a coke machine is a toy.

How the hell do you play with a coke machine? Put your money in a pinball, you play a game. Put your money in a coke machine and you get something to drink. A coke machine is a vending machine, a pinball machine is an amusement device. It's a big fricken toy that costs money to play.

Have you seen "Bad Grampa'? That is the only exception.

#432 4 years ago

Well if it happens I'm sure it will be the same platform as Oktoberfest, instead of choosing and collecting steins it will be race cars.

#433 4 years ago

"Hot Wheels" indeed.

outatime (resized).jpgoutatime (resized).jpg
#434 4 years ago

I really think the topic stats (number of posts) says it all.

I'm hopeful this was just a misdirection. I'd like to see AP pull off something similar to what happened with Rick & Morty.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm hopeful this was just a misdirection. I'd like to see AP pull off something similar to what happened with Rick & Morty.

This better be the case otherwise they’re going to be looking at Oktoberfest type sales numbers again.
Theme and artwork/animation are the only things holding them back from making a truly amazing game. Layout, gameplay, code and build quality are excellent. I’m hoping this rumour is not accurate.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I’m hoping this rumour is not accurate.

No idea what they are working on.

I just hope it looks good. And Rosh and Ferret bring the software home.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : And we see it soon.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea what they are working on.
I just hope it looks good. And Rosh and Ferret bring the software home.
Disclaimer : And we see it soon.

I think every pinball fan would like to see AP get their on-screen art and art direction in order so they can succeed. More than any other single factor, success at AP depends on fixing their obvious on-screen art and art direction problems. BTTF with some talented artists handling the screen could be an AP hit that makes the artifically constrained rick and morty sales look very small by comparison.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

How great would Wacky Races be? You already have assets available, pick your racer, have an end goal for each mode or such. So many of cartoons would be great, but I can see being able to tie this into a pinball machine.[quoted image]

In a thread a year or two ago, I suggested Laff-A-Lympics. Same concept and characters. I'd love the Really Rottens not to be selectable and instead they have traps all around the playfield (diverters from lit shots, pop up traps like in Mousin' Around, magnets, subways...etc. Hell, even Tommy blinders). Would be one of the most fun themes to design a pin around IMHO.

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

It’s real no need to speculate on a conspiracy here. Hoping they can take this license to deeper numbers as the audience is a bit broader then a drinking festival. They have the team and commitment just hope they can nail this one.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s real no need to speculate on a conspiracy here. Hoping they can take this license to deeper numbers as the audience is a bit broader then a drinking festival.

If it's Hot Wheels. Think it will be a hit with kids that grew up with them ? Think today's market will draw in Father/sons, and families ?

If it's a broader audience. Could be great.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Could be great.

Could only be Great if they added #LTG to the starting lineup! Would be a smart move in my book.

#442 4 years ago

I like AP ! Hope this game does well

#443 4 years ago

I'd be interested in it. Seems like a smart move if it were to be Hot Wheels.

#444 4 years ago

Jaguar apparently thinks Hot Wheels are still pretty cool, I believe they set some new record for the most loops in one track with this setup. I still think this rumor is bullshit but the F-Type Jag is one of the hottest looking cars I've ever seen and it is an absolute beast with the blown 5.0 V8 upgrade.

#445 4 years ago

That Hotwheels setup and commercial are great.

TPF sounds pretty exciting, with rumors of 2 new machines by American Pinball, 1 or 2 from Deeproot and possibly 1 from JJP. If my math is correct, that’s 5 new pins. That’s not counting what we don’t know. Wish I had the time to go this year but haven’t made a TPF yet.

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That Hotwheels setup and commercial are great.
TPF sounds pretty exciting, with rumors of 2 new machines by American Pinball, 1 or 2 from Deeproot and possibly 1 from JJP. If my math is correct, that’s 5 new pins. That’s not counting what we don’t know. Wish I had the time to go this year but haven’t made a TPF yet.

And add possibly one Stern, one CGC, Funny punny(lol), and some Rick and Morty Awesomeness from Spooky this is going to be a GREAT show and year for pinball!!!

#447 4 years ago

Yea, regardless of what you think of any of them....who would have thought 10 years ago we'd even be talking about all this?

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And add possibly one Stern, one CGC, Funny punny(lol), and some Rick and Morty Awesomeness from Spooky this is going to be a GREAT show and year for pinball!!!

TPF is sure shaping up to be a great show.

A few weeks back I was wondering if there would be any reveals at TPF. And now it's bursting at the seams.

Disclaimer : Have room. Still no word on me going. If not. Please attendees, post plenty of pictures.

#449 4 years ago

This may sound really dumb, but.
One of my disappointments with Oktoberfest other than the theme was the cabinet head.
Loved the cutout on Houdini and the game looks great. The OKT head was big, bulky, to squarish, and flat out doesnt match any other pinball head. It stands out in a line up not as a good thing, just as awkward architecture.
Im tempted to try and talk AP out of a Houdini head just to re decal it for Oktoberfest.
If Hot wheels has the same bulky head, its ganna kill me.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Isn't pinball all about marketing to the little kid in each of us?
Don't get me wrong, I never had hot wheels and I'm not into cars, but I was also shocked when I found out about the number of people that thought Wonka was a good theme. I don't know anyone that ever saw that movie, so I can't believe anyone over the age of 5 would be interested in it.
I also don't know any guys my age that saw the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I always thought that those movies were for 12 year old girls that liked Johnny Depp.
I like listening to Kaneda, but laugh out loud when he talks about Transformers or He-man being a good theme.
I am not insulting any of the above people, just saying that people that care about theme in pinball tend to be fueled by nostalgia. So if you weren't into what I was into when we were kids, then we will think each other's dream themes are dumb.
Is hot wheels a good theme? I don't know. But it dosen't sound any dumber to me that Pirates, Wonka, He-man, Muppet Babies or the Letter People.
But then again when I see these machines I just play them and I'm glad to be playing pinball. If I think a machine is fun I keep playing it. If not, I switch to another machine.
So if you hate hot wheels, then go get a rick and morty, wonks, stranger things, iron man, star wars, celts or one if the dozen other games you can get nib right now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.