Topic Stats

• 1,387 posts
  • 314 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pipes
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 129 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200317-143034_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200317-143022_Twitter (resized).jpg
ancient-toilets-dion-greece (resized).jpg
nirmal (resized).jpeg
HW2 (resized).jpg
HW1 (resized).jpg
2F7F84C8-150A-4821-826B-DE8A0BCA8944 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1583980876793 (resized).jpg
880BF6D3-5ADF-4E8E-B690-B16404F62823 (resized).jpeg
capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1387 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.
#351 3 months ago

Basing a pin license off "X million people love thing Y" is how stuff like Wheel of Fortune and WWE get made.

Remember the normal world could give two shits about pinball. So it's not about picking a theme normies like to lure them to pinball its about picking themes pinheads want that also has some millenial appeal for location. (JP is great example)

Think of how often we see "dream theme" lists on this site. Have you EVER seen Hot Wheels mentioned? Say what you will about Stern but if people type Iron Maiden into this site 10,000 times they pay attention. They know the sample size of this site is more than enough to accurately judge the market.

#352 3 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

AP has two main issues - theme choice and artwork. Artwork includes the screen graphics.
Hot Wheels seems like a great redemption title, and kids don’t really care about art as much.
Anyway, when picking a theme, it’s an easy choice - go for the one with lots of action. So far neither theme from them had had any action associations. On the surface Hot Wheels might have that but the kiddie undertones kneecaps it.
I’m not going to suggest alternatives, that’s a much more personal preference. But as a group when picking these things, just ask “does this lend itself to ADULT action”. Rick and Morty passes that test.

Agree 100%

But I’ll recommend a couple themes: John Wick non stop action and cool scenes to draw from.

Fast & Furious more of action series now than racing tonnes of good action/stunt scenes.

The Matrix?

Predator, say no more!

Any of those with APs attention to mechs and rules would be awesome, if they could do a killer job of the art (isn’t Franchi with AP now?) use scenes from the films to help their lacklustre display work and they would be instant buys for most of us.

#353 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

(isn’t Franchi with AP now?)

Franchi is currently working with CGC.

#354 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Think of how often we see "dream theme" lists on this site. Have you EVER seen Hot Wheels mentioned?

So my dream of a Randolph Mantooth theme is dead???

#355 3 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

Franchi is currently working with CGC.

Knew he had gone somewhere just couldn’t recall where, thanks for the info!

#356 3 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So my dream of a Randolph Mantooth theme is dead???

As long as AP's around, that's certainly a possibility.

#357 3 months ago

As long as there is a spot to mount a Hot Wheels track clamp to the pin.

Hot wheels (resized).jpg

#358 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Agree 100%

Well that's not good enough for this thread; it's 110% or nothing!

#359 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Isn't there already a TMNT game? And if I'm not mistaken, it's godawful.

Seriously if we're talking about themes people don't like... the last TMNT movie BOMBED! I can't imagine anyone seriously wanting a TMNT pinball game. Even if it was the best pinball ever made I wouldn't buy one. See that is the point... that is my opinion. The next person might feel completely different and that is okay.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You don‘t get video assets

Hot Wheels has made so many direct to video movies, video games, and they have this new interactive online game. They have tons of video assets.

#360 3 months ago

I think this is a franchise that has been burned out.

Quoted from J85M:

The Matrix?

Warner isn't doing anything with this license until after the new Movie is closer to release. Someone will get it. Hopefully JJP.

Quoted from J85M:

Fast & Furious

I think Stern already has this license. This is a game I would buy. There is already a really successful video game based on this franchise.

HOME RUN... I would buy this theme in the time it takes John Wick to pull the trigger. I think John Wick is a mega home run theme.

#361 3 months ago

If it is Hot Wheels, this would be a primo topper.
It has a sound track, spins the tires, runs thru the staging lights, and does a wheelie.

IMG_20191216_165208273 (resized).jpg
#362 3 months ago

I would think the topper would have to a big giant engine with engine sound and a shaker.

I can see instead of doing wire forms you do exhaust headers that would be cool. There needs to be a LOOP right? Maybe jump some buses who knows.

It would be neat if it had a long shoot lane and when you launch a ball it launches a car as well... in other words a car gets launched when it hits the end of the shoot lane it just rolls back.

There are a lot of options here. You have to nail the theming.

#363 3 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think Stern already has this license. This is a game I would buy. There is already a really successful video game based on this franchise.

There have been many different coin operated driving games for F+F since almost day one, so I'm guessing the license was never a problem.

The problem I think is pinball companies have been paying too much attention to pinsiders and their dream themes and it was not one that did very well here.

To me it's just too late to do the game justice now with the passing of Paul Walker and the other cast members leaving the franchise. Too late.

#364 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

There have been many different coin operated driving games for F+F since almost day one, so I'm guessing the license was never a problem.
The problem I think is pinball companies have been paying too much attention to pinsiders and their dream themes and it was not one that did very well here.
To me it's just too late to do the game justice now with the passing of Paul Walker and the other cast members leaving the franchise. Too late.

Yeah because people watch those shitty movies for the acting and performances.

I’m pretty sure the theme alone would be enough for FF fans.

#365 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah because people watch those shitty movies for the acting and performances.
I’m pretty sure the theme alone would be enough for FF fans.

The actors and their characters and their interactions with each other is what helped turn the franchise into what it is today. From the early days of Dom and Brian being enemies, to becoming team members and best friends along with the rest of their extended family.

At least that's why I watched them. Sure they add new people, but the core family has been slowly disintegrating since before Fast 7.

#366 3 months ago

I haven't watched any F&F since Chad Lindberg left to be a Ghost Stalker.
I'll never forget you Jesse!!!

#367 3 months ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

If it is Hot Wheels, this would be a primo topper.
It has a sound track, spins the tires, runs thru the staging lights, and does a wheelie.[quoted image]

That's if my batteries haven't leaked..time to check.
It's ridiculously cool. I'll post a vid if it still works.

#368 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I haven't watched any F&F since Chad Lindberg left to be a Ghost Stalker.
I'll never forget you Jesse!!!

I've watched them all now.

The over the top action is a lot of fun, but it was at it's pinnacle with Furious 7, a great tribute to Paul Walker, and for me it will never be the same again.

#369 3 months ago

U.S. Post Office currently has Hot Wheels stamps. Could be the new predictive indicator for the next game. They also have Marvin Gaye, Woodstock, Sesame Street and Scooby Doo.

#370 3 months ago

I vote Scooby!

#371 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've watched them all now.
The over the top action is a lot of fun, but it was at it's pinnacle with Furious 7, a great tribute to Paul Walker, and for me it will never be the same again.

Yeah 6 & 7 where venturing into superhero territory, 8 jumped the fuckin shark big time and was abit of a turd and I say that as a huge F&F fan.

#372 3 months ago

Totally unrelated to hot wheels, but the new Netflix movie 6 underground is very similar to the new fast and furious movies. Check it out if you like crazy car chases and action. I watched it a few nights ago.

#373 3 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

Totally unrelated to hot wheels, but the new Netflix movie 6 underground is very similar to the new fast and furious movies. Check it out if you like crazy car chases and action. I watched it a few nights ago.

Could be the next AP pin! Is this a leak?

#374 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah 6 & 7 where venturing into superhero territory, 8 jumped the fuckin shark big time and was abit of a turd and I say that as a huge F&F fan.

I've enjoyed most of them since I saw the first one in the theatre when it came out.

As far as all out action, Fast 5 was pretty darn good. Still have a soft spot for Tokyo Drift too.

I watched one special about how they do most of the stunts for real in leu of computer generated and it's pretty amazing.

#375 3 months ago

Hobbs & Shaw?

#376 3 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Hobbs & Shaw?

Didn't see that one...yet. Like I said it hasn't been the same since Paul Walker passed away. But apparently it still made a lot of money.

#377 3 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Hot Wheels has made so many direct to video movies, video games, and they have this new interactive online game. They have tons of video assets.

Ok.... never saw any of those.

#378 3 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ok.... never saw any of those.

Neither has anyone else so no worries.

#379 3 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

This movie is nothing like the fast and furious franchise. Started off cool with a car chase but it ended there. What a crappy movie. Wasn't surprised at all at the end when it said a Michael Bay film.

#380 3 months ago

Curious if anyone from AP has been taking notes from the Rick and Morty thread?

#381 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Neither has anyone else so no worries.

"Success" is written on the wall. XD

#382 3 months ago
Quoted from pipes:

Curious if anyone from AP has been taking notes from the Rick and Morty thread?

Yes, and the just went out and locked up the "Gone with the Wind" license.

#383 3 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yes, and the just went out and locked up the "Gone with the Wind" license.

That should be the new company slogan.

#384 3 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Hobbs & Shaw?

God no! That movie was complete shit, The Rocks lost the plot, pulling down helicopters with his bare hands while holding onto the back of a pick up truck, garbage!!

#385 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've enjoyed most of them since I saw the first one in the theatre when it came out.
As far as all out action, Fast 5 was pretty darn good. Still have a soft spot for Tokyo Drift too.
I watched one special about how they do most of the stunts for real in leu of computer generated and it's pretty amazing.

Fast 5 is easily the best of the franchise, give me a pin based on that movie alone and I’ll bite your damn hand off

#386 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

God no! That movie was complete shit, The Rocks lost the plot, pulling down helicopters with his bare hands while holding onto the back of a pick up truck, garbage!!

Oh, I totally agree. I was merely pointing out the most recent movie in the franchise.

But hey, think of the mods!!!

#387 3 months ago

For those not overly familiar with the Fast and Furious movies. This is one scene from the 8th installment Furious 7 four years ago.

#388 3 months ago

Count me in if at some point the ball works its way up to the top of the back box and comes racing down a steep orange track into a 360 loop on the playfield. Bonus points for jump track sections and criss cross crash multiball!

#389 3 months ago

Was this posted yet? It's a mock up not real but doesn't look bad.

80551314_136868107754206_4732018769994448896_o (resized).jpg
#390 3 months ago

What a great service CF does with a mockup like this.

Now people can complain that his design Looks better then the final product AP brought to market or CF may argue that you stole his idea...

...wich is why you don't do that and why companies want people to refrain from sending in concrete "ideas'n stuff™".

What glorious trolling against the AP art department.

#391 3 months ago

interesting, but don't like the purple armour - chrome would be cool for a bit of 90's feel

#392 3 months ago

Chrome trim ! When I get one I will have Chris (Hot Rod Plating ) hook me up !

#393 3 months ago

Franchi’s cabinet art looks great, but he’s neglected to account for American Pinball’s integrated LCD display, rendering his back glass art unusable.

#394 3 months ago

Meh...
More Micromachines could fit in a pinball machine.
Add fast talking guy multiball.

#395 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Basing a pin license off "X million people love thing Y" is how stuff like Wheel of Fortune and WWE get made.
Remember the normal world could give two shits about pinball. So it's not about picking a theme normies like to lure them to pinball its about picking themes pinheads want that also has some millenial appeal for location. (JP is great example)
Think of how often we see "dream theme" lists on this site. Have you EVER seen Hot Wheels mentioned? Say what you will about Stern but if people type Iron Maiden into this site 10,000 times they pay attention. They know the sample size of this site is more than enough to accurately judge the market.

Stern JP PRO kills on location for me.

#396 3 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Let’s pray to GOD there is NEVER a TMNT game created. Please sounds like the worst theme possible for Stern. I will repeat Hot Wheels has a collector base of 41 million people. Over 6 billion hot wheels have been sold. I was just in the Apple Store today and even they’re selling these new app based Hot Wheels. You people just don’t understand the market outside of pinball. Rick and Marty is NOT going to be able to complete with Hot Wheels not in 5 lifetimes. Either way congrats to Spooky. Good luck with your game. Game looks fun! Either way can’t compare Hot Wheels to anything because its not released. You have about 4 months to wait.

I know everyone has an opinion but if you're saying hot wheels is a better theme than TMNT (to make money) you're out of your mind and really need to stop sharing your opinion publicly.

It's like American Pinball hired this guy to bankrupt their company.

#397 3 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Was this posted yet? It's a mock up not real but doesn't look bad.[quoted image]

Where is the mock up from? I know it says Franchi, but did he post it somewhere? Sorry if I’m behind.

2 weeks later
#398 3 months ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Where is the mock up from? I know it says Franchi, but did he post it somewhere? Sorry if I’m behind.

Found it on Facebook. Not sure where though.

#399 3 months ago

Dave and Busters

64979B9A-AB05-402C-8C02-8469D16002B9 (resized).jpeg
#400 3 months ago

If this goes live, good luck saving that company.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
6,295 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 110.00
Boards
AMCO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 90.00
$ 299.00
There are 1387 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside