capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.
#251 4 years ago

Will the game have pinballs in it?

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Will the game have pinballs in it?

Considering the era of the theme, these might be more appropriate.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#253 4 years ago

First mod.

hwmod.gifhwmod.gif
#254 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps even a parachute or two as well.

I have that in my attic somewhere. Probly missing a few things, knowing me

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Considering the era of the theme, these might be more appropriate.[quoted image]

Era ? There still building them today

#256 4 years ago
4CA1E43E-289C-4040-9740-008DD4576FF7 (resized).png4CA1E43E-289C-4040-9740-008DD4576FF7 (resized).png
#257 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

There still building them today

Of course they are.

0887961639896_p0_v1_s550x406 (resized).jpg0887961639896_p0_v1_s550x406 (resized).jpg
#258 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps even a parachute or two as well.[quoted image]

I had a hand me down parachute box from a cousin when I was a kid but never knew they held parachutes in them, cool to know

#259 4 years ago

I don't think this is great but it's not terrible. The bar for theme is so low at AP.

I like the fact that they can do some crazy shit with the ball on this one and if it's one thing they know well it's gameplay. Houdini already has that ball catapult shot so the foundation of experience is there.

Interested to see more but not hyped at all. I like the idea of it being a codename for Fast and the furious!

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sold all mine at a garage sale in the early 70s. And I think I'll just leave it at that.
Although this is probably still worth something today. Along with that Mongoose and Snake dragster kit.[quoted image]

I sill have a club kit sealed unopened

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't think this is great but it's not terrible. The bar for theme is so low at AP.
I like the fact that they can do some crazy shit with the ball on this one and if it's one thing they know well it's gameplay. Houdini already has that ball catapult shot so the foundation of experience is there.
Interested to see more but not hyped at all. I like the idea of it being a codename for Fast and the furious!

OMG I imagine the license fees and the cost to get actual actors voices/images would be insane since there are so many of them.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

OMG I imagine the license fees and the cost to get actual actors voices/images would be insane since there are so many of them.

agreed.

#263 4 years ago

people will buy it, say it’s the best thing ever, throw a bunch of “mods” on and then abruptly sell it 2 months later...happens. True story.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I still think if the title Hot Wheels is real. It will be a redemption game and not pinball.
Bring on Sherlock.
LTG : )

I would be all over a well done Sherlock pin

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I would be all over a well done Sherlock pin

The BBC Sherlock would be we awesome, but the Benedict Cumberbatch license probably would cost a small fortune...

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

the Benedict Cumberbatch license probably would cost a small fortune...

I seriously doubt that the cost would be prohibitive. If Stern can get all of those Star Wars assets then any pinball company can get the Cumberbatch version of Sherlock.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'd rather Hot Wheels than Fast and the Furious. Blahhhh.

#268 4 years ago

I wasn’t thinking they would do a Cumberbatch version. I kind of assumed it would be a generic Sherlock Holmes.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I wasn’t thinking they would do a Cumberbatch version. I kind of assumed it would be a generic Sherlock Holmes.

Regardless, AP needs to hire new management in the theme department.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I seriously doubt that the cost would be prohibitive. If Stern can get all of those Star Wars assets then any pinball company can get the Cumberbatch version of Sherlock.

I think the price difference between jjp and API is literally the cost of the license. They both produce small batches with high quality components and great games.

Stern is a different animal, their scale allows them to spread the license cost across 5 to 10 times as many or more machines - between scale and decades worth of optimizing the BOM cost they are in a different spot.
When they do extra ordinary stuff that doesn't get the benefit of that you end up with 750$ toppers for example.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Likely not, but if I could pick a version, that would be my personal choice / favorite.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I think the price difference between jjp and API is literally the cost of the license. They both produce small batches with high quality components and great games.
Stern is a different animal, their scale allows them to spread the license cost across 5 to 10 times as many or more machines - between scale and decades worth of optimizing the BOM cost they are in a different spot.
When they do extra ordinary stuff that doesn't get the benefit of that you end up with 750$ toppers for example.

I agree. I don’t think every pinball manufacturer could afford the Star Wars license. The volume Stern puts out allows them the ability to do things other manufacturers cannot. The difference in cost between SW and Sherlock has to be substantial though. I don’t think Sherlock is the theme AP needs at this point but I don’t think the cost for that is out of reach should they choose to go down that path.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I agree. I don’t think every pinball manufacturer could afford the Star Wars license. The volume Stern puts out allows them the ability to do things other manufacturers cannot. The difference in cost between SW and Sherlock has to be substantial though. I don’t think Sherlock is the theme AP needs at this point but I don’t think the cost for that is out of reach should they choose to go down that path.

I have absolutely no idea how much such a license costs, not even ball park wise.
I love the games API puts out, but I do realize licensed themes are a big driver of sales and collectability. My Oktoberfest has a 12xx serial, so I assume they sold at least that many if they started with serial number 1, and I don't know how many they have to sell to be profitable. I hope though they are going to stay around and keep making games that are as much fun to play. A licensed themes would be just icing on the cake for me but I know I'm in the minority here. Heck, I love Ghostbusters because of its awesome theme despite me thinking it is no fun to shoot.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I kind of assumed it would be a generic Sherlock Holmes.

There is only one.......

hound (resized).jpghound (resized).jpg
#275 4 years ago

how did AP announce Oktoberfest?
Or where

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

how did AP announce Oktoberfest?
Or where

Was that also at TPF?
Or maybe they started shipping after it...

#277 4 years ago

I actually preferred Matchbox cars when I has a child, they seemed better made back then.

#278 4 years ago

I was a Record Breakers guy myself:

#279 4 years ago

New Hot Wheels at Target. They aren’t as cheap as they were when I was a kid
6075397B-9F22-4864-B7EB-6EEDB1C6E5CD (resized).jpeg6075397B-9F22-4864-B7EB-6EEDB1C6E5CD (resized).jpeg

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

That's way more expensive than I remember

#281 4 years ago

Most people have played with or owned either Hot Wheels or Matchbox Cars. I think it is a continuous cycle that kids will always play and dream they are driving in these mini versions of real cars. If this license is correct, it will be interesting to see the implementation and integration of the theme. Good luck AP!

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

That’s the set for the iD cars. You can still purchase sets for the regular cars for around $25.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

That’s the set for the iD cars. You can still purchase sets for the regular cars for around $25.

Yeah, I was just showing how the higher end model is a little pricey. Yeah, my son always wanted a $1 hot wheel when we’d go to target, so you can still get the cheaper ones

#284 4 years ago

Do we ever really grow up? I mean sure there are crops to farm, diseases to cure and wars to wage... But wouldn't we rather be playing with our toys?

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I sill have a club kit sealed unopened

Open it. We want to see your Heavy Chevy or King Kuda. There is also some cool literature in there.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

But wouldn't we rather be playing with our toys?

I don't consider coin operated gambling devices to be toys. More an adult thing, although when I was a child I took the older kids money playing blackjack and poker.

And no, I don't play with kid's toys anymore. Exception was when raising a child when she had nobody else to play with.

Also no, I am not going to go buy back all my Hot Wheels either.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

That is crazy.

#288 4 years ago

1 dollar in 1967 does not go as far now as it did then.

#289 4 years ago

The real questions is this...

How far away is Fast and Furious pinball at Stern. If two car games came out at the same time which one would you rather have? Hot Wheels or Fast and Furious. My guess would be that Stern is working on a Fast and Furious game right now to release it closer to this summer when the next movie releases.

#290 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing and playing this. Texas show ???

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

How far away is Fast and Furious pinball at Stern.

30- 40 years after F+F 15, I'd imagine.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

30- 40 years after F+F 15, I'd imagine.

Yeah funny one! But Stern has that license and they just did finish another Universal themed game. I heard one of the next on deck is Fast and Furious.

Personally I think Hot Wheels if it is true would be a great theme. Adult males who collect TOYS (hot wheels) might be inclined to add a Hot Wheels pinball game. I think the theme would transcend pinball honestly. Pinball is a toy as is a hot wheel... I think its a great theme.

I'll bet anyone right now the game sells over 1,000 copies due to the fact there are HOT WHEELS collectors out there who are totally nuts. https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g25616442/rarest-most-valuable-mattel-hot-wheels/

If someone would actually pay $175k for ONE HOT WHEEL they would pay $7000 for a HOT WHEEL Pinball game. Hot Wheels has conventions, designers sign autographs (don't know why anyone would want one or a pinball designer either) but they do. Hot wheels are a lot bigger from a collector standpoint than pinball.

A little car that can fit in your hand sells for 175k that is multiple times more than any pinball game.

Yes its a good theme and a lot of people who don't buy pinball games will be interested. I think its a HOME RUN for American Pinball Game. I talk to many people who want Willy Wonka because its a family themed game. Toy Story and Hot Wheels sitting side by side is pretty family friendly for a game room.

Lastly, I give them credit for thinking outside the box. Maybe this will launch other pinball games based on toys rather than movies.

Just please NO BARBIE... anything but Barbie unless Ken is involved them maybe! LOL

#293 4 years ago

Hot Wheels by the numbers:

Over 6 BILLION hot wheels have been sold World Wide.

A Hot Wheel is sold every 10 seconds.

Most Valuable Hot Wheel sold for 175,000

Hot Wheels have been in production for over 50 years.

41 Million people grew up collecting Hot Wheels

Hot Wheels has conventions, collector guides, events and even TV have been produced creating full sized hot wheels

Warner Brothers is developing a Hot Wheels feature film in development as of this year.

Hot Wheels have been featured or had their own video game over 50 times

Hot Wheels are featured on every form or motorsports as sponsors

Here is the bottom line HOME RUN THEME... I can see right now every single toy store that sells vintage toys wanting one in the lobby. Do you actually think the guy who paid 175k for one hot wheel isn't buying one. This theme is bigger than pinball, and will find buyers outside of the pinball community just like Ghostbusters, Wizard of Oz, Metallica, ACDC, and Toy Story once that gets released.

I'll predict right now this game sells between 1000 and 2000 copies.

I have no doubt Mattel will promote this, and I think you will see a lot of national press for this game as well

Facts not fiction. Its a home run theme no matter what anyone thinks.

#294 4 years ago

Despite the sales numbers for Hot Wheels, I think consideration needs to be given how sales of a toy that costs a couple of dollars translates into sales of a machine that costs $7,000. Every parent tosses a Hot Wheel in the cart because the cost is so nominal.

#295 4 years ago

check out ebay and in amongst the $2 cars are collectible reduced numbers and treasure hunts and they are getting $40-$100.

Hot Wheels for for the imagination of every kid small or big.

give the pinball a good story line and it will be very cool.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yeah funny one! But Stern has that license and they just did finish another Universal themed game. I heard one of the next on deck is Fast and Furious.

Shame they couldn't get to it while Paul Walker was still alive. I mean, I would have loved to have seen this title 10-15 years ago.

But since Lucas Black has now quit NCIS NO to spend more time with his family, perhaps we might be seeing the return of Sean Boswell in an upcoming F+F.

When Fast 7 came out is when they really had the opportunity to do great things with a pinball machine themed after it.

#297 4 years ago

I think there’s a lot to do with this title
I’m s huge fan of AP I hope they hit a home run with the game play

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I still think if the title Hot Wheels is real. It will be a redemption game and not pinball.

Makes sense.

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Hot Wheels by the numbers:
Over 6 BILLION hot wheels have been sold World Wide.
A Hot Wheel is sold every 10 seconds.
Most Valuable Hot Wheel sold for 175,000
Hot Wheels have been in production for over 50 years.
41 Million people grew up collecting Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels has conventions, collector guides, events and even TV have been produced creating full sized hot wheels
Warner Brothers is developing a Hot Wheels feature film in development as of this year.
Hot Wheels have been featured or had their own video game over 50 times
Hot Wheels are featured on every form or motorsports as sponsors
Here is the bottom line HOME RUN THEME... I can see right now every single toy store that sells vintage toys wanting one in the lobby. Do you actually think the guy who paid 175k for one hot wheel isn't buying one. This theme is bigger than pinball, and will find buyers outside of the pinball community just like Ghostbusters, Wizard of Oz, Metallica, ACDC, and Toy Story once that gets released.
I'll predict right now this game sells between 1000 and 2000 copies.
I have no doubt Mattel will promote this, and I think you will see a lot of national press for this game as well
Facts not fiction. Its a home run theme no matter what anyone thinks.

Yep, you get it.

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally I think Hot Wheels if it is true would be a great theme. Adult males who collect TOYS (hot wheels) might be inclined to add a Hot Wheels pinball game. I think the theme would transcend pinball honestly. Pinball is a toy as is a hot wheel... I think its a great theme.
I'll bet anyone right now the game sells over 1,000 copies due to the fact there are HOT WHEELS collectors out there who are totally nuts. https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g25616442/rarest-most-valuable-mattel-hot-wheels/
If someone would actually pay $175k for ONE HOT WHEEL they would pay $7000 for a HOT WHEEL Pinball game. Hot Wheels has conventions, designers sign autographs (don't know why anyone would want one or a pinball designer either) but they do. Hot wheels are a lot bigger from a collector standpoint than pinball.
A little car that can fit in your hand sells for 175k that is multiple times more than any pinball game.
Yes its a good theme and a lot of people who don't buy pinball games will be interested. I think its a HOME RUN for American Pinball Game. I talk to many people who want Willy Wonka because its a family themed game. Toy Story and Hot Wheels sitting side by side is pretty family friendly for a game room.
Lastly, I give them credit for thinking outside the box. Maybe this will launch other pinball games based on toys rather than movies.
Just please NO BARBIE... anything but Barbie unless Ken is involved them maybe! LOL

Huh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/6?hl=okayestpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.