capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.
#201 4 years ago

The silence from AP is deafening. If it wasn't Hot Wheels, I would have expected them to shoot this down quickly as they are pretty active here.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I wonder how many guys just from reading this thread are in the attic?
Basement or hall closets looking for there
Hot wheels ???
Oh yeah !
All you guys might as well
Start posting your pics now !

Please come join us.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys

#203 4 years ago

That was a fun thread. Until I got permanently banned from posting there.

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

The silence from AP is deafening. If it wasn't Hot Wheels, I would have expected them to shoot this down quickly as they are pretty active here.

That's not how you do a reveal though

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

The problem is kids don't buy pinball machines. Also, kids at these 'fun centers' want to play games with neon flashing lights and one big button that lasts 10 seconds before they move on to the next. Pinball doesn't work in these places. I'd love to put a Stern JP next to one of those new JP sit-down shooting games I see at these 'fun centers' just to see what gets played. Not even close.

How did that work out?

I suppose I should have phrased that as - 'adult Hot Wheel aficionados within the pinball community' instead.

You are grossly exaggerating what all kids like. Kids love pinball that's a fact. Jurassic Park is not a pin designed for kids. Hot Wheels is. And there is crazy money in kids entertainment these days, panic rooms, vr arcades, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this American Pinballs wheelhouse? They sell these kind of things as well right?

I'll repeat again, this game is not aimed at the home collector who isn't a fan of hot wheels.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That was a fun thread. Until I got permanently banned from posting there.

What? I didn't know that. Please appeal to the moderators as I would love to have you back in that thread. We've been having a blast there.
Here's a link to all of the pictures in that thread if any one is interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?gallery#g

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What? I didn't know that. Please appeal to the moderators as I would love to have you back in that thread.

No big deal. It was the entire hobbies without flippers sub forum, can't remember why.

They have already been super kind since my return, so perhaps the less places I can post, the better off I am.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What? I didn't know that. Please appeal to the moderators as I would love to have you back in that thread.

I don’t want to know what you have to do to get kicked out of an off topic thread on toys. I read most of that thread and don’t remember anyone mentioning hot wheels. Was no market research done by American Pinball?

#209 4 years ago

years ago I thought hotwheels would be an awesome game and there is potential as you could customise by adding in different cars to your liking, a loop ramp and have some cool ramps and dare say you will have to like orange BUT then started thinking of what type of story line you need to apply to it to make it a great game and that is where it is a little more challenging and if not done well will be a fail.

on a side note I would love a fast n furious game, does anyone have a link to that custom game a few posts back.....

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

You are grossly exaggerating what all kids like.

Perhaps you are the one grossly exaggerating what all kids like. Pinball doesn't hold a candle to redemption games, VR arcades or anything with bright flashing lights and a screen with a big button.

Quoted from donkadelic:

I'll repeat again, this game is not aimed at the home collector who isn't a fan of hot wheels.

If this is actually AP's rationale for producing a pin with this theme, I'm sorry but there is no hope for them as a pinball manufacturer. The fact that you seem to think this is a good marketing strategy is troubling as well.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you left off at the Jetsons and Dominos,

Both made under contract for others by Spooky. And the games definitely have a place in the market.

LTG : )

#212 4 years ago

I still think if the title Hot Wheels is real. It will be a redemption game and not pinball.

Bring on Sherlock.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I read most of that thread and don’t remember anyone mentioning hot wheels.

Really? That's what you get for putting me on ignore.

407bb852136847d78d2294ab7731354e2c15cd7a (resized).jpg407bb852136847d78d2294ab7731354e2c15cd7a (resized).jpg
#214 4 years ago

I hope it is Hot Wheels. Would be my first NIB. That is if done right and has to have a loop and a ramp. I think that would sell just good enough to make their quota.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Perhaps you are the one grossly exaggerating what all kids like. Pinball doesn't hold a candle to redemption games, VR arcades or anything with bright flashing lights and a screen with a big button.

If this is actually AP's rationale for producing a pin with this theme, I'm sorry but there is no hope for them as a pinball manufacturer. The fact that you seem to think this is a good marketing strategy is troubling as well.

You still seem to think it's an either/or proposition, it's not. Pinball & Arcade games go great together. Also gives something for the adults to do. You aren't thinking outside the box, which is what American Pinball need to do here. Playing the same game Stern & JJP are has already proven to be a losing proposition.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Playing the same game Stern & JJP are has already proven to be a losing proposition.

Spending money to acquire a popular license geared towards the pinball buyer demographic? When have AP played that game?

#217 4 years ago

I'm rooting for a phenomenal game.

#218 4 years ago

What's with all the baseball analogies lately?

Can't swing a dead cat without someone saying Stern or Spooky or Other will "knock it out of the park!"

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Really? That's what you get for putting me on ignore.[quoted image]

I do remember that now. I was jealous seeing so much track with one person. But my quote could be modded to read 1 guy out of 2000 pages found hot wheels hot. Congrats you are American Pinball’s target demographic.

#220 4 years ago

I do remember that now. I was jealous seeing so much track with one person.

That was the Super Charger Grand Prix Race Set. The only thing I wanted that Christmas. When I woke up Christmas morning there was no box that size under the tree. They had hidden it behind the couch. Haha!

The girl lived next door. She is up to like 15 children now.

Congrats you are American Pinball’s target demographic.

No, I left my childhood behind many years ago.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I still think if the title Hot Wheels is real. It will be a redemption game and not pinball.
Bring on Sherlock.

X2

#222 4 years ago

Opinions are just like assholes, everyone has got one. The problem here is none us know jack shit and have no idea how a Hot Wheels pin would look, sell , or play IF it is even true. Anyone who says that a Hot Wheels game will put American Pinball out of business put up or shut up. I will wager a crisp benjamin ($100) to each and everyone who thinks A.P. will not produce another game after Hot Wheels. Wager is void if Hot Wheels is not produced or is a redemption type game.

The bet for $100 is if Hot Wheels is produced by A.P. that A.P. will not produce another machine AND go out of business.

OK who is in?

#223 4 years ago

Problem with Hot Wheels is after the Redlines went away and Sizzlers fizzled out, they pretty much sucked and that was over 45 years ago.

I remember taking my kid to the toy store and seeing what was left of them. lol.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Will there be a Fat Track LE?[quoted image]

Although it was the same company, that was Sizzlers not Hot Wheels.

I agree that this theme doesn't have a cast of good characters but those saying it's a childish theme don't realize that's how some of us feel about Marvel and space sci-fi themes.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Really? That's what you get for putting me on ignore.[quoted image]

When they still had wooden tracks!

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Although it was the same company, that was Sizzlers not Hot Wheels.

Really? I could have sworn it said Hot Wheels right on the box.

71K+FcTVAoL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71K+FcTVAoL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#227 4 years ago

Wait so manufacturers are supposed to come into rumor threads now and dispel or confirm?

That’s a new one.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wait so manufacturers are supposed to come into rumor threads now and dispel or confirm?

That’s a new one.

I'm waiting for Mattel to confirm it.

#229 4 years ago

Maybe Mattel contracted with them to build this Title, a new re-introduction of Hot Wheels?
Perhaps AP had 3 names and needs Groupthink (Pinside) to settle on 1?
I still think pinball manufacturers hate when a reveal leaks out and are working overtime to thwart it.
Been wrong before, can't see Hot Wheels without Mattel request.
On the other hand, Williams Grand Prix would make an excellent Hot Wheels re-theme.

#230 4 years ago

I'm content to just let this be a tell us about your Hot Wheels thread.

I wanted an Indy Eagle so bad, but none of the local toy stores had one. When my birthday came around, somehow my brother had found one for me.

Now, my brother may be a lot of things now, but I will never forget that moment.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#231 4 years ago

Sounds awesome to me!

#232 4 years ago

Fastest car to ever go in and out of a supercharger. Who can name it ?
Hot-Wheels- (resized).jpgHot-Wheels- (resized).jpg

#233 4 years ago

Running one of these through a supercharger did not always end well.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#234 4 years ago

Ok so that’s Odin - who will never buy a game like this and is just caught up the old man nostalgia as usual - and two others who are super into Hot Wheels.

Fortunately given the track record of the source this rumor is probably magical 70s bullshit.

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok so that’s Odin - who will never buy a game like this and is just caught up the old man nostalgia as usual - and two others who are super into Hot Wheels.

I went through my Hot Wheels flashback in the 90s. lol.

Only time I ever called to order something off TV was when they offered reproductions the four chrome cars that came in the Hot Wheels club kit in a nice plastic display case. Then I gave it to a buddy that was more enthused than I was.

This is fun. Lets see how fast someone can name all four of the chrome club cars.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Maybe Mattel contracted with them to build this Title, a new re-introduction of Hot Wheels?

LOL. Mattel sells toys by the millions...they don’t need a pinball company that can barely sell a few hundred games to re-introduce anything for them.

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

whats next, Stompers?

Square bob sponge pants, baby

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL. Mattel sells toys by the millions...they don’t need a pinball company that can barely sell a few hundred games to re-introduce anything for them.

That certainly puts things into perspective.

#239 4 years ago

How exactly did this rumor start ?

#240 4 years ago

Possibly the world's first vertical ramp loop?

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fastest car to ever go in and out of a supercharger. Who can name it ?

Peeping Bomb

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Doesn’t that honor belong to Gold Wings or doesn’t that qualify as one?

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is fun. Lets see how fast someone can name all four of the chrome club cars.

I only know of three: King Kuda, Boss Hoss, and Heavy Chevy as shown in the pic. Nitty Gritty Kitty, the Cougar, was never offered as a club car.

clubcars2 (resized).jpgclubcars2 (resized).jpg
#244 4 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

It’s been done before and it always sucks.

I believe strange science has one. There’s a couple others also.

Anything bigger a) wouldn’t fit under glass, and b) wouldn’t work without some serious magnet power or solenoid getting the ball all the way around the loop.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Peeping Bomb

Yep, the Peeping Bomb was the perfect width and had the perfect side contours so when it hit the rollers in the supercharger, it gained more velocity coming out than any other car we tried. Red Baron not so much as it would get all mangled and then what was left of it would eventually come shooting out.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I only know of three: King Kuda, Boss Hoss, and Heavy Chevy as shown in the pic. Nitty Gritty Kitty, the Cougar, was never offered as a club car.[quoted image]

I think you are correct. They threw the Nitty Gritty in with the others I believe when I got that repro set in the 90s.

The club kit was cool, but I was little bummed as the ad showed a Boss Hoss, but when I opened mine it had a Heavy Chevy.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The club kit was cool, but I was little bummed as the ad showed a Boss Hoss, but when I opened mine it had a Heavy Chevy.

Yeah, you couldn't pick what you wanted, lol. You got a random one of the three, and hopefully you could trade a friend if you got one you didn't want. I think the Boss Hoss was most kids favorite.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, you couldn't pick what you wanted, lol. You got a random one of the three, and hopefully you could trade a friend if you got one you didn't want. I think the Boss Hoss was most kid's favorite.

An early lesson in false advertising. lol. I kept all the other swag for the longest time.

The kit cost like $5. In the early 2000s, a vintage toy store had an unopened one for $500. I didn't need to relive my youth that bad. Especially with the thought I might end up with another Heavy Chevy.

#249 4 years ago

Wouldn't have been my first pick for a theme, but hey, who knows, could be awesome with some creative ramp/loop work.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

could be awesome with some creative ramp/loop work.

Perhaps even a parachute or two as well.

d9d665e8ae6a8ca0460352b91ebfd488 (resized).jpgd9d665e8ae6a8ca0460352b91ebfd488 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.