capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.
#151 4 years ago

Didn't Kaneda promise a CGC Alien last year about the time TWIPY voting was going on? I think I've heard this story before.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Sweet. I could put it next to my bed.[quoted image]

Doesn't the "little podcaster" already sleep in one of these? Or was it something about his sheets? I forget.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Didn't Kaneda promise a CGC Alien last year about the time TWIPY voting was going on? I think I've heard this story before.

And there are many other things he has stated as fact that were not true. If you hear a lot of rumors and bring them as facts, you'll get a lot of true statements. Somehow a lot of people tend to forget the false statements. A bit like in with politics: half of the population (or more) likes to forget the lies and like to only remember the things being said that they think is convenient for them (true or false, that doesn't matter)

From the 'The Next Amercan Pinball'-topic, by bobukcat:
"All this from the same guy who announced Joe Balcer had left API so he obviously has a really great connection inside there."

We'll see. Maybe it'll indeed be Hot Wheels, but too many people seem to think that that's a fact, because someone who sometimes has good predictions says so....

#154 4 years ago

I like the theme, think it will have some cool stuff, maybe AP will have a Redline Edition old school hot wheels

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Oh it’s definitely worth taking anything K says with a pinch of salt the guys full of shit.

#156 4 years ago

I think people in the industry often test each other by leaking false rumors to see if they can keep their trap shut. Also, I firmly believe that Kaneda gets trolled from time to time, leading to a lot of the stuff that turns out being false, like Joe Balcer leaving American Pinball.

I could be wrong, but I just can't imagine American Pinball is dumb enough to release this game as a regular pinball themed game when it seems like it is clearly make or break for them. Perhaps as a side project redemption style game for amusement places.

#157 4 years ago

Misdirection or testing waters for a future title.

No HW pin.

#158 4 years ago

If this is the next theme it has to have a CAR WASH! I remember as a kid have the hot wheels car wash! You gotta wash them pinballs.

I also think this would be a great opportunity to add something interactive back into the HEAD of the machine. Make the car do a loop or something in the head of the machine. How about something like Star Wars with the hyperloop shoot a real hot wheel around the track (no pinball) a hot wheel.

So many ideas here.

#159 4 years ago

Hot Wheels "Ford vs. Ferrari" edition might sell (with callouts from the movie)...but wouldn't that be two licenses to pay for?

Straight-up Hot Wheels? I'm not so sure.

#160 4 years ago

Doubtful it's Hot Wheels.

Sherlock Holmes much more likely...

#161 4 years ago

Whether this games does well or not will boil down to execution. Given its Hot Wheels, there will be a high expectation that this game will have a number of cool ramps and maybe a jump shot. The theme in itself isn’t bad, I am rather excited for it, but it drastically depends on which direction they go in. Do they decide to go the route of the cool prototype Hot Wheels cars or just a plain generic hot wheels race theme. I will say this, American pinball has yet to impress me enough to buy one of their games.......I hope this time will be different.

47B818D3-38EA-40F2-B35B-B355B0E9D1D4 (resized).jpeg47B818D3-38EA-40F2-B35B-B355B0E9D1D4 (resized).jpeg4FB39B25-4797-4548-8B3D-586AB6889D58 (resized).jpeg4FB39B25-4797-4548-8B3D-586AB6889D58 (resized).jpeg
#162 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:Doubtful it's Hot Wheels.
Sherlock Holmes much more likely...

I hope it's Hot Wheels. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would want Sherlock Holmes as theme.

#163 4 years ago

LOL, I love the people that say Hot Wheels is too juvenile for a theme and then rattle off a bunch of old cartoons/video games that would be more appropriate. Personally I’d like to see a Hot Wheels themed pinball, if it was done right it’s got more potential to be a good pin than most of the other themes being mentioned.

#164 4 years ago

This theme is 100x better than Rick and Morty for me, a husband and father of three. It gets me excited to think about the ramps and toys on this thing...

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

“Then”
Are you saying you would rather have HW first and later Rick and Morty
Or are you saying
“Than”
You’d rather have HW instead of Rick and Morty

At least I know how to use a ?

#166 4 years ago

American certainly has made some unique choices so far. This may or may not be true, but it wouldn’t surprise me considering their history and some of the odd choices they floated in the last year.

#167 4 years ago

I’ll just add that Hot Wheels is still very popular, especially in my house.

6EC14B43-B415-45D8-BE5C-0DE477249822 (resized).jpeg6EC14B43-B415-45D8-BE5C-0DE477249822 (resized).jpeg
5C5EF966-A303-444D-A25E-2D9308EB9C6C (resized).jpeg5C5EF966-A303-444D-A25E-2D9308EB9C6C (resized).jpeg

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I swear folks, JJP and AP are their own worst enemy. Of all the instant buys out they choose Hot Wheels? Let's make it easy for them
1. The Matrix
2. MIB
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Star Wars Battlefront or Rebels
5. Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth
6. Wolverine
7. Despicable Me
Etc...etc.... They need to stop listening to whoever is telling them to make these nonesense titles.....damn why can't they be like Stern and just come here and rip off our ideas.

At least 5/7 of those seem dead on arrival at $7k - $10k+. I don't see Stern making any of those themes, maybe the Matrix. A Red Dead Redemption pin could probably be pulled off voice actors from the games are hired and high quality animations are created.

#169 4 years ago

This theme is a terrible idea. Mustang is not well regarded and this will do no better. If they actually make a Hot Wheels game it will probably put them out of business.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

This theme is a terrible idea. Mustang is not well regarded and this will do no better. If they actually make a Hot Wheels game it will probably put them out of business.

Speaking of Mustang...Trudeau would be perfect for Hot Wheels!

#171 4 years ago

Mustang is actually a better game than most give it credit for, it’s not great but it’s certainly better than a lot realise. Problem with that game was terrible release code, terrible marketing and a really restrictive theme, should have must been a muscle car theme instead Stern tried to tie it together with a last minute cross promotion.

#172 4 years ago

If this theme is true, AP's innovative designs should knock the mechs out of the park. Few have actually played Oktoberfest and seen the creativity that went into that game.

#173 4 years ago

When I first listened to the podcast I thought it was a poor theme selection. I told my pinball-playing teenage sons what I heard on the podcast. One of them questioned Hot Wheels while the other son said "That would be awesome; think of all those ramps and loops". Then they proceeded to have a decent conversation about all the cool stuff that would be in a Hot Wheels pin. With that said, it would only be a game we play on location. I can't see it taking a spot in my basement.

#174 4 years ago
19F874A3-F0AB-4E3C-BDDD-156F731967A5 (resized).jpeg19F874A3-F0AB-4E3C-BDDD-156F731967A5 (resized).jpeg7DA91450-76B7-43A2-AA7D-CC1FE8BEE79F (resized).jpeg7DA91450-76B7-43A2-AA7D-CC1FE8BEE79F (resized).jpegF8B6C6C7-2629-47AF-B1BE-64085CA40656 (resized).jpegF8B6C6C7-2629-47AF-B1BE-64085CA40656 (resized).jpeg
#175 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mustang is actually a better game than most give it credit for, it’s not great but it’s certainly better than a lot realise. Problem with that game was terrible release code, terrible marketing and a really restrictive theme, should have must been a muscle car theme instead Stern tried to tie it together with a last minute cross promotion.

Yep. Mustang is a truly fun game with unique features, a great shooting layout, and extensive code. Unfortunately, too many pinheads will never discover this due to its unpopular theme and underrated rep.

Hopefully, a Hot Wheels themed game, that matches Mustang's gameplay quality, won't suffer the same fate.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

It will sell as well as Houdini and Oktoberfest...

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep. Mustang is a truly fun game with unique features, a great shooting layout, and extensive code. Unfortunately, too many pinheads will never discover this due to its unpopular theme and underrated rep.
Hopefully, a Hot Wheels themed game, that matches Mustang's gameplay quality, won't suffer the same fate.

At this point I honestly don’t know why someone especially AP if they are doing Hot Wheels (a racing theme) doesn’t just pony up for The Fast and Furious licence.

Vin Diesel is super keen since his fallout with The Rock to expand the franchise, there’s a couple computer games coming down the pipeline which don’t exactly give the impression they have much of a budget but the licence has massive recognition and appeal something AP need on a release.

Might not be the most popular licence on pinside but it would do extremely well on route for ops and there’s more than enough pinheads whether they admit it or not that would snap one up if it was a super fast super smooth shooter with badass ramps and mechs AP are becoming known for.

#178 4 years ago

I still have some hope that this is not actually their next theme choice.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Fold that orange track in half and I see what my mom would use to beat my ass with when I did something wrong when I was a kid.

Ahh , The good old days . I used to cop the wooden spoon .

#180 4 years ago

Car collectors can put there favorite cars on the playfield? Possibly there own car in the game ? Loop shots ? Car jump ?
Animation could be cool . Muscle cars
Trucks etc blue Cabinet , bright color trim

AP I will jump in and take one !
Put it next to Houdini and Oktoberfest

Let’s step up the topper or an option
Have lights etc interactive with the game
I love my toys !

2F9A2915-AAF4-42FE-82E5-F82473788DE2 (resized).jpeg2F9A2915-AAF4-42FE-82E5-F82473788DE2 (resized).jpegFF7E8AEB-A94A-449D-8DE5-192097ECF997 (resized).jpegFF7E8AEB-A94A-449D-8DE5-192097ECF997 (resized).jpeg
#181 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

At this point I honestly don’t know why someone especially AP if they are doing Hot Wheels (a racing theme) doesn’t just pony up for The Fast and Furious licence.
Vin Diesel is super keen since his fallout with The Rock to expand the franchise, there’s a couple computer games coming down the pipeline which don’t exactly give the impression they have much of a budget but the licence has massive recognition and appeal something AP need on a release.
Might not be the most popular licence on pinside but it would do extremely well on route for ops and there’s more than enough pinheads whether they admit it or not that would snap one up if it was a super fast super smooth shooter with badass ramps and mechs AP are becoming known for.

Maybe Hot Wheels is the code name for The Fast and Furious?

#182 4 years ago

I dunno, car themes in general dont seem super popular, except for High Speed and Getaway.
Mustang, Full Throttle, Corvette, Nascar, Checkpoint, Indy 500....are any of these titles really sought after? I dont see them in most collections.
I dont think they are “edgy” enough. At least in HS and Getaway you are breakin the law, running from the cops, hauling ass, running red lights and so on.
A car theme based on custom cars, hot rods or rat rods with Robert Williams on the art package, now that would be cool.
EAF893DB-4671-4C87-B0E7-42FEDD95961D (resized).jpegEAF893DB-4671-4C87-B0E7-42FEDD95961D (resized).jpeg93B33F99-5864-418E-BBA3-34C49FBCD74C (resized).jpeg93B33F99-5864-418E-BBA3-34C49FBCD74C (resized).jpegC2C6D3AF-F4B3-4EC9-998F-843629412CB8 (resized).jpegC2C6D3AF-F4B3-4EC9-998F-843629412CB8 (resized).jpeg

#183 4 years ago

I haven't even given a single thought about Hot Wheels anything since I was about 8 years old. Is there a large base of adult Hot Wheels aficionados out there somewhere? Is this a collective effort or is there one guy giving the green light for these themes over at AP?

#184 4 years ago

I actually think this theme is kinda genius. All the other companies are zigging more for the home market so you zag and make a game like this. Huge appeal for kids on location, kids fun centers, adventurelands, go karts, dave & busters, etc. As long as they integrate the theme well I think this will do really well for them. It's not really designed for home users who aren't already Hot Wheels fans, granted, but that markets already a bit saturated isn't it? This is kinda what they were going for with Oktoberfest and bars I suspect but on a much larger and smarter level.

Also, fuck Kenada. Used car salesman con-man extraordinaire who runs fake auctions for charity. D-bag.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

A car theme based on custom cars, hot rods or rat rods ... now that would be cool.

ratfink05 (resized).jpgratfink05 (resized).jpg
#186 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I haven't even given a single thought about Hot Wheels anything since I was about 8 years old. Is there a large base of adult Hot Wheels aficionados out there somewhere? Is this a collective effort or is there one guy giving the green light for these themes over at AP?

Saying the Hot Wheels fan base won’t be buying this pin is true because they don’t buy pinball machines. History has shown us no theme’s fans buy the pinball. Paying $8k for a toy is reserved for the rich. No theme ever has created sales from a fan base of non-pinball people, so why should this be any different?

I am thinking R&M might be the first theme to transcend this curse. Because so many of its customers are already pinheads, Spooky is giving people what they really want.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Saying the Hot Wheels fan base won’t be buying this pin is true because they don’t buy pinball machines. History has shown us no theme’s fans buy the pinball. No title ever, so why should this be any different?
I am thinking R&M might be the first theme to transcend this curse. Because so many of its customers are already pinheads, Spooky is giving people what they really want.

You think Spooky will supply score cards
And a cash box ?
I hope they have improved since the Jetsons @ Dominos!

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I’ll just add that Hot Wheels is still very popular, especially in my house.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ummmm can you get some video of the cars flying around that?!?! That is awesome.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I actually think this theme is kinda genius. All the other companies are zigging more for the home market so you zag and make a game like this. Huge appeal for kids on location, kids fun centers, adventurelands, go karts, dave & busters, etc.

The problem is kids don't buy pinball machines. Also, kids at these 'fun centers' want to play games with neon flashing lights and one big button that lasts 10 seconds before they move on to the next. Pinball doesn't work in these places. I'd love to put a Stern JP next to one of those new JP sit-down shooting games I see at these 'fun centers' just to see what gets played. Not even close.

Quoted from donkadelic:

This is kinda what they were going for with Oktoberfest and bars I suspect but on a much larger and smarter level.

How did that work out?

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Saying the Hot Wheels fan base won’t be buying this pin is true because they don’t buy pinball machines. History has shown us no theme’s fans buy the pinball. No title ever, so why should this be any different?

I suppose I should have phrased that as - 'adult Hot Wheel aficionados within the pinball community' instead.

#190 4 years ago

Yelp

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Hope my opinion is wrong and we all end up loving it if it comes to market.

I hope everyone ends up loving it. I just think there is a big difference between a fun and innovative pin that people want to play and a fun and innovative pin that people want to buy.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

[quoted image]

A rat fink themed pin would be amazing! I've always loved his art

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Going retro....?
[quoted image]

I would love to have one. This is my favorite virtual Zaccaria.
-Mike

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

You think Spooky will supply score cards
And a cash box ?
I hope they have improved since the Jetsons @ Dominos!

Yes, they have. Spooky is arguably the most improved company, year over year of them all.
If you left off at the Jetsons and Dominos, you've got a lot of ground to cover.

#195 4 years ago

already been done.

zac_hotwheels1 (resized).jpgzac_hotwheels1 (resized).jpg
#196 4 years ago

My first reaction to this license is "isn't Hot Wheels a toy for young boys who like cars but can't own or drive them?"

Then look at the Gen X pinball demographic. We've all either owned real sports cars at some point in our lives, driven around and gotten tickets, or perhaps have a classic car in our garage right now. Or you've got a respectable looking family man sedan but the engine has major balls and would make the 6 bangers you drove in high school look like a Stomper. Ultimately, the "wish" of metal toy cars isn't very relevant to us.

Other themes like TMNT and He-Man are also childish but they have characters and universes to explore. Also a big part of Hot Wheels is reproductions of classic cars / special cars. Will those licenses carry through to a pin or will we end up with another Gomez Motor Company fake truck?

#197 4 years ago

Will there be a Fat Track LE?

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#198 4 years ago

This can't be a $7300 pin and succeed. They need to be around $6000 and the pin to be really good in order to matter. AP in behind the eight ball and this is their hail Mary.

#199 4 years ago

I wonder how many guys just from reading this thread are in the attic?
Basement or hall closets looking for there
Hot wheels ???

Oh yeah !

All you guys might as well
Start posting your pics now !

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I wonder how many guys just from reading this thread are in the attic?
Basement or hall closets looking for there
Hot wheels ???

Sold all mine at a garage sale in the early 70s. And I think I'll just leave it at that.

Although this is probably still worth something today. Along with that Mongoose and Snake dragster kit.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/4?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.