capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

That Hot Wheels game actually looks pretty sweet. I will be taking a closer look!

It really isn't, Budget Seawitch.
Now Mexico 86 aint bad

#102 4 years ago

My first one. lol. Ten million miles of track later...

Vintage-Hot-Wheels-Redline-Pop-Up-House (resized).jpgVintage-Hot-Wheels-Redline-Pop-Up-House (resized).jpg
#103 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It really isn't, Budget Seawitch.
Now Mexico 86 aint bad

Yeah. I just read that when I looked it up.

#104 4 years ago

I've played Hot Wheels. Pretty cool game but I like Bell Games F-1 Grand Prix much better.

#105 4 years ago

This is one of the weirdest themes...it has almost no appeal, but the opportunities for fun mechanical action are much richer than most of the TV and music licenses we keep getting. It's a paradox!

It's classic AP in that I wouldn't buy new, but would consider used sometime down the road.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

This is one of the weirdest themes...it has almost no appeal, but the opportunities for fun mechanical action are much richer than most of the TV and music licenses we keep getting. It's a paradox!
It's classic AP in that I wouldn't buy new, but would consider used sometime down the road.

It's classic AP in that anybody who pays north of $7,000 for one is gonna end up desperate to sell it at $5,500 with no takers.

#107 4 years ago

Hot Wheels would be a pretty fun theme.

#108 4 years ago

One of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. The pinball world has definitely had a shortage of car themed games lately unless you consider Mustang.

I will be interested to see what they come up with, but so far it's not one of those gotta have it themes from when I was kid situations. They usually aren't.

#109 4 years ago

High hopes for this one, could turn out really cool if they do it right. I'm hoping they go with the redline-era aesthetic, the muted color palette of the 60's/70's + those original car designs (since I assume there won't be licensed car models). Realistically though I think they'll go with modern or 90's HotWheels logos + colors, bright orange ramps and the like which would make sense for more fun mechs. Still some iconic original designs (Twin Mill + Boneshaker for sure) but not as cool as their early/original stuff to me.

Either way, really excited to see another theme outside the norm from a boutique company and hope this rumor is true.

#110 4 years ago

All I want for Christmas is a Boss Hoss Silver Special. lol.

Bosshoss (resized).jpgBosshoss (resized).jpg
#111 4 years ago

Yawn - maybe could be cool but it is about game play. I don't think you always have to do a licensed theme to be a good game. It is a car themed game, there are music pins, gambling / card game pins, might be hard to have this stand out over other themes these days that are coming out.

Might just come across as a car themed pinball.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's classic AP in that anybody who pays north of $7,000 for one is gonna end up desperate to sell it at $5,500 with no takers.

If the layout and mechs are as good as Octoberfest, I’ll take one at 6k and re theme that badboy

#113 4 years ago

Dang, thought it was going to be Midlife Crisis. That's the theme I'm holding out for.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If their lucky

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Who the f*k is kenada and who cares what he thinks
Hot Wheels would be a cool game. In the minority probably but I like racing and car themed games like Mario andretti, victory, mustang, etc.

If you preface what you say with "In the minority probably", then you most definitely are.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've only played Houdini and the physics on it just don't seem right for too many shots, but I've certainly played much worse games. At least it looks and feels like a real pinball machine, unlike Spooky's rookie effort (AMH), which looks and feels like it was cooked up in somebody's garage..

#117 4 years ago

Who gives a shit what Kaneda says. Not me.

#118 4 years ago

How sexist Hot Wheels, I will wait for the Easy Bake Oven license.

#119 4 years ago

Most people see a car on a track in this picture.

Fold that orange track in half and I see what my mom would use to beat my ass with when I did something wrong when I was a kid.

I’m not sure how to feel about it
394408AE-5E81-4A64-A845-F8869FF2ED12 (resized).jpeg394408AE-5E81-4A64-A845-F8869FF2ED12 (resized).jpeg

Edit: That track would make for a cool shooter lane though

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I've only played Houdini and the physics on it just don't seem right for too many shots, but I've certainly played much worse games. At least it looks and feels like a real pinball machine, unlike Spooky's rookie effort (AMH), which looks and feels like it was cooked up in somebody's garage..

Ha! I initially scanned that as "cooking up someone's garbage" thinking it was an Uncle buck reference.

Then I read it again.

#121 4 years ago

I believe he was mistaken, or decieved. No way Hot Wheels is the next Big One from AP.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Most people see a car on a track in this picture.
Fold that orange track in half and I see what my mom would use to beat my ass with when I did something wrong when I was a kid.
I’m not sure how to feel about it
[quoted image]
Edit: That track would make for a cool shooter lane though

My sister got beat with orange hot wheels tracks with the purple connectors still on by a retarded girl in a purple poncho at the Retarded Children's Thrift Shop (real name, different time) in Ventura when we were kids. It was the wild west in there, with cheap stuff from rich people (donated from stars living in nearby Santa Barbara) and unsupervised kids of various mental states. True story from a very different time.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Sounds intriguing, I can imagine some great possibilities. I am likely in the minority here, but I think AP’s tendency to go for themes which are somewhat offbeat is quite refreshing, and this one could be really fun to shoot.
I thought Oktoberfest was a terrible theme when announced, but was pleasantly surprised by the finished product. If they get their act together in the art and animation realm, they will absolutely stand shoulder to shoulder with the big guys.
Let’s see this one in the flesh before rushing to judgment. I think AP is actually much more savvy than they often seem to get credit for around here, and am certain they have learned much from their experiences with the first two games.

Oktoberfest is probably the best/my favorite game ever made. I've never played a game with so much strategy and interaction. I understand people not liking the theme and difficulty(not enough easy multiballs) but the gameplay is unbelievable. AP is probably my favorite manufacturer, either them or Stern. The Hot Wheels theme doesn't grab me but if it's like their previous games, gameplay will be fantastic.

#124 4 years ago

Will this connect to my existing hot wheels track and garage or must I buy additional adapters?

#125 4 years ago

I swear folks, JJP and AP are their own worst enemy. Of all the instant buys out they choose Hot Wheels? Let's make it easy for them
1. The Matrix
2. MIB
3. Red Dead Redemption
4. Star Wars Battlefront or Rebels
5. Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth
6. Wolverine
7. Despicable Me
Etc...etc.... They need to stop listening to whoever is telling them to make these nonesense titles.....damn why can't they be like Stern and just come here and rip off our ideas.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I swear folks, JJP and AP are their own worst enemy. Of all the instant buys out they choose Hot Wheels? Let's make it easy for them
1. The Matrix
2. MIB
3. Red Dead Redemption
6. Wolverine
7. Despicable Me
Etc...etc.... They need to stop listening to whoever is telling them to make these nonesense titles.....damn why can't they be like Stern and just come here and rip off our ideas.

I don't disagree that a major popular theme would be a big seller, but all 7 of the franchises you mention are EXTREMELY expensive themes. Maybe Red Dead Redemption or MIB might be a tiny bit less costly. Any pinball manufacturer that tries to do Lord of the Rings and tries to keep it under 10K will end up with a Zizzle.

#127 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see it!! I’ve been collecting hot wheels for 25 years. Another bad habit and hobby. That Hobby lead me to collecting and restoring collector cars.

#128 4 years ago

I came across this in my attic and it would be perfect for those who love to put absurdly large toppers on their machines.
HW (resized).jpgHW (resized).jpg

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

1. The Matrix
2. MIB
3. Red Dead Redemption
6. Wolverine
7. Despicable Me

Seriously? That’s your top 7?

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Not one of those would be in my top 10

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Not one of those would be in my top 10

Yeah, no mention of Big Trouble in Little China or Fifth Element in a top 10? Heresy. I can't imagine either of those would be much more expensive than Hot Wheels.

AP_big trouble translite (resized).jpgAP_big trouble translite (resized).jpg
#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

What's yours? At least I got a list...
Let's see how many of you buy that title when it hits the streets in March.

#133 4 years ago

Hot Wheels? Yawn.

#134 4 years ago

Could be cool ? It is a timeless theme
Different cars ?

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, no mention of Big Trouble in Little China.[quoted image]

Big Trouble in Little China would be amazing.

#136 4 years ago

They better get this in the game somehow!

5C403DE0-5319-43AF-875C-8D68C861DA13 (resized).jpeg5C403DE0-5319-43AF-875C-8D68C861DA13 (resized).jpeg
#137 4 years ago

The final game from American Pinball.

RIP.

These guys fundamentally don’t understand this market & what sells. It’s like they had a meeting and said “OK, it seems like nostalgia sells...what a nostalgic theme we can license?!”

Kugler raises hand: “I loved Hot Wheels when I was a kid!”

“That’s it!!!! Buy the license!!!! Make sure the guy who’s done our other shitty art packages does this one, too!”

This will be Full Throttle 2. Flop.

#138 4 years ago

Imagine if they went to Mattel and asked for Masters Of The Universe! That would have gone down quite well with us Gen Xérs. I know that license is a bit more complex, but at least start the convo with Mattel since they were already speaking to them (if Hot Wheels is true).

#139 4 years ago

If whatever AP comes out with next is anywhere as close to awesome as Oktoberfest is I am in.

And I love the fact that AP has awesome customer service, and interacts and answers questions here on Pinside.

#140 4 years ago

Think the Hot Wheels license could prove to be popular if backbox display and hot wheel style ramps are implemented well. Could be a real flow game with lots of unique game play. Bring on the back box being part of the game package, ala, Banzai Run. Could out-do Tron if many flow ramps are included, ala, Hot Wheels style, 360s and such. Most people love Hot Wheels all around the world. Hope if this is the title, it does very well for AP.

#141 4 years ago

I fail to see how a car / racing pin with a Hot Wheels theme is a shitty license?

I personally would rather have HW then Rick & Morty.

#142 4 years ago

There will be so many shitty mods for a Hot wheels pin.

#143 4 years ago

So a kiddie orange race track for miniature playcars, that five year olds play with is ap new theme?

I dont believe it. There simply can´t be companies wanting to go out of buissness that bad.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I personally would rather have HW then Rick & Morty.

“Then”
Are you saying you would rather have HW first and later Rick and Morty

Or are you saying

“Than”
You’d rather have HW instead of Rick and Morty

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Put one of these in the game and you would spark my interest[quoted image]

Must be perfect if you want to see playfield, mechs and even pf-glass destroyed with a lucky bounce or two.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I fail to see how a car / racing pin with a Hot Wheels theme is a shitty license?

Car/racing themes never sell well. It’s weird, cuz so many pinball peeps seem to like cars...but Mustang didn’t sell, Full Throttle didn’t sell...even going back in time, Corvette & Viper didn’t sell well. Hot Wheels isn’t a “OMG I gotta buy it” theme...just like Houdini & Oktoberfest. People will put quarters in them...but these themes don’t move units, these are all “I can wait” themes.

#147 4 years ago

Demolition Man incorporated two Hot Wheels cars in a kind of "captive ball" sort of manner.
I always thought that was a pretty cool feature.
It might be pretty cool if they could figure out a way to take that to another level with some jumps or loops or something.
Even cooler if you could just buy off the shelf cars to put in your game at will that were incorporated in the gameplay somehow.

#148 4 years ago

Why on earth has no one made the Matrix?

I can only think that one of the pinball companies does have this license.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

1. The Matrix
2. MIB
3. Red Dead Redemption
6. Wolverine
7. Despicable Me

It's not that easy, you don't just walk into a shop and pick what licence you want off the shelf. Some might not be available? some might already be tied into another deal, some might just be to expensive? plus alot if those deals are made by who you no not what you know. Getting a licence is far harder then people think especially the good ones!!

#150 4 years ago

Thundercats, He-Man & the Masters of the Universe, TMNT, Transformers G1 all great licences that cant be hugely expensive.

But saying that I’m up for new racing game especially if AP make the layout and mechs as good as Octoberfest, can always re-theme it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/3?hl=okayestpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.