capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.
#1301 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Premiers. Not live. Some people in that video aren't with AP anymore.
LTG : )

Yeah, seems that way. Live intro with a tour from the Fall.

#1302 4 years ago

Kaneda says Hot Wheels is a re-skin of Poker Run which AP is supposedly making as well. (!?)

#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

a few quick twists of the screwdriver and that car spinning problem would be gone... I favor modders coming up with something less vertigo inducing...

Im just hoping that its a place holder? Since it hasnt been officially announced, the employees arent talking about it, possibly something is still coming to replace it. I mean, that really cant be it, can it??

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im just hoping that its a place holder? Since it hasnt been officially announced, the employees arent talking about it, possibly something is still coming to replace it. I mean, that really cant be it, can it??

As noted in that old video, my money is on they don't have the parts or cabinets to build any of the production games for release so they are not rushing to hype it until they can answer the question of When. For the price I actually like it. Simple and a straight shooter. Might not have been a bad decision to try a game keeping things simple with most of the animation art already provided by Hot Wheels. Won't be for everyone but I think it would do well in the redemption type game areas they seemed to be interested in with that last pirate player. Look forward to playing it.

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As noted in that old video, my money is on they don't have the parts or cabinets to build any of the production games for release so they are not rushing to hype it until they can answer the question of When. For the price I actually like it. Simple and a straight shooter. Might not have been a bad decision to try a game keeping things simple with most of the animation art already provided by Hot Wheels. Won't be for everyone but I think it would do well in the redemption type game areas they seemed to be interested in with that last pirate player. Look forward to playing it.

Yeah If they can get the guys that route the redemption machines everywhere to actually include a pin it would be quite the achievement. Here's to hoping!

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Interesting to see a brief tour of the smaller older facility.

Definitely noted that as well, currently outsourced cabs and decals, so Kaneda's rumor makes sense.

This being possibly a reskin, and there supposedly being two games that were ready to show a tee TPF leads the mind to wonder if this is more a Pro style game, and the other game that might exist....more along the fuller produced prior 2 games.

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Interesting to see a brief tour of the smaller older facility.
Definitely noted that as well, currently outsourced cabs and decals, so Kaneda's rumor makes sense.
This being possibly a reskin, and there supposedly being two games that were ready to show a tee TPF leads the mind to wonder if this is more a Pro style game, and the other game that might exist....more along the fuller produced prior 2 games.

Anything is possible but I wouldn’t bet on seeing a second (4th) title out of AP for some time. I think the Hot Wheels shown is the only new release.

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When they asked for a show of hands of the potential upcoming themes at a show panel, only Sherlock got a significant number of hands.

"Well played" regarding Poker Run.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Interesting....
Goes live/premieres in a minute, by the way!
Go ToddTuckey !

seems like a cool company but I can not imagine they will stay in business long at this rate.

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

seems like a cool company but I can not imagine they will stay in business long at this rate.

They can make pinball (good ones or not) as long as they want to. They are a tiny subsidiary of a larger company.

They also make redemption machines, which pull in the dough.

#1311 4 years ago

With the money backing this company, I don't understand why they don't swing for the fence and get a top license that will sell the hell out of pinball machines. Hot wheels is just not going to produce the sales they are looking for. Lots of people in this thread said it looks like a fun game (me included), but how many of them are actually going to buy one. I'm not.

Theme theme theme. Spooky sold me a Rick and Morty pinball machine based on theme integration alone and I don't think it's the best looking game out there. I have some worries about gameplay but I am super excited to own this based on the theme and the theme integration. Will it be bolted to the floor, who knows - but theme integration alone sold me this. Hot wheels doesn't even get me off the couch

The flying Dutchman theme on the redemption game is a better theme than any of their three pinball machines.

#1312 4 years ago

A slight digression...

When I was sixteen, my trailer burned to the ground while I was away. I had one small white box of redlines from my youth until then. Mongoose snake red baron jackrabbit. Destroyed or stolen in the fire.

Now I'm 52. My whole life I have missed those redlines.

I constantly bought them for my kids. (Or did I buy them for myself?)

I only kept a handful, but I really love those hot wheels. Ingrained in me over time.

Theme is important.

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

A slight digression...
When I was sixteen, my trailer burned to the ground while I was away. I had one small white box of redlines from my youth until then. Mongoose snake red baron jackrabbit. Destroyed or stolen in the fire.
Now I'm 52. My whole life I have missed those redlines.
I constantly bought them for my kids. (Or did I buy them for myself?)
I only kept a handful, but I really love those hot wheels. Ingrained in me over time.
Theme is important.

So you're buying a HW?

#1314 4 years ago

i like the hotwheels pinball. i wouldnt buy any new pin right now but maybe in a couple months when this shitstorm passes.

#1315 4 years ago

Definitely an interesting video, and I'm glad Todd and the gang made the trip.

Much smaller working space than I imagined even. Oktoberfest looked really solid, (I've played it a bunch, and still was taken aback.)

The energy there seemed awkward/uncomfortable in some ways all around. I genuinely do wonder how cultural differences impact this company on all sides.

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The energy there seemed uncomfortable in some ways all around.

Agree with this observation... I felt like at any moment Todd was going to ask a question that would make them say “ OK, this concludes your tour, please exit to the left, up the stairs, you’ll find the way, whole day terribly wasted...”

#1317 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Agree with this observation... I felt like at any moment Todd was going to ask a question that would make them say “ OK, this concludes your tour, please exit to the left, up the stairs, you’ll find the way, whole day terribly wasted...”

I wouldn't read to much into this old video. They are a small company with a tight nit team that works well together. As they really had nothing New to unveil or talk about in the video there really wasn't much to talk about? They are an informal no frills company just making pinball machines the best they can with the resources they have. Touring a mini 8k sq foot area after hours is not exactly a Show Content thrill. Honestly you can tour that old facility in 2 minutes. They outgrew that space the day they moved in. Todd is awesome but with little exciting to introduce or have fun with your not going to get a very in depth undercover news break through. Don't think they were afraid of any question, they didn't have anything at that time to ask though.

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Kaneda says Hot Wheels is a re-skin of Poker Run which AP is supposedly making as well. (!?)

Maybe....spinning car in place of a roulette wheel?

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I wouldn't read to much into this old video. They are a small company with a tight nit team that works well together. As they really had nothing New to unveil or talk about in the video there really wasn't much to talk about? They are an informal no frills company just making pinball machines the best they can with the resources they have. Touring a mini 8k sq foot area after hours is not exactly a Show Content thrill. Honestly you can tour that old facility in 2 minutes. They outgrew that space the day they moved in. Todd is awesome but with little exciting to introduce or have fun with your not going to get a very in depth undercover news break through. Don't think they were afraid of any question, they didn't have anything at that time to ask though.

I wouldn't dismiss the weird vibe in that video so quickly.

Quite the opposite via my eyes. I think there's a lot that can be looked at there.

Dan...seemed really, uncomfortable in some of those situations. Just an observation. And since this was shot, he's left the company, as well as Barry, who is also in the video.

Their company President leaps out of frame and doesn't really talk to anyone. He did the same in the facebook stream that came up for Hot Wheels. If he's more from a traditional Indian family, that definitely guides some behavior.

Two games out, one ticket redemption being worked on, and I only saw one line worker there.

Pinball is all about nepotism, it's present in every company, and that makes sense. But I wonder why the guy doing graphic design work isn't an outside hire. It's obviously an assumption that he's related, but judging by his quality of work, he doesn't have much professional experience or pinball experience. Hence their GUI is poor, and as we've seen with Hot Wheels, will continue to be. Get that guy training, a partner, or give him a different non creative job.

Also, I always still wonder what facilitated Joe Balcer heading there. Did Lawlor push him out? Did API offer him complete freedom and more money?

There'd so much a weird hodgepodge that makes up API, and this video clearly demonstrates that in some ways.

Obviously we all have opinions, and they're just that, but this video had a distinct feel about it, and it wasn't for lack of work in that building.

#1320 4 years ago

#1321 4 years ago

I was taking with DanDanDAN at American pinball right before Todd arrived. I’m in the video in a few scenes. Everyone there was very nice, they answered all my questions and very easy to work with. I’d love to go check out the new facility when it’s up and running.

#1322 4 years ago

Now that’s a hot wheels track. Man if I had that as a kid, I’d be a hero

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Maybe....spinning car in place of a roulette wheel?

I wouldn't expect a roulette wheel in a Poker Run game.

But then again, I didn't envision battling dinosaurs, gorilla, snake, etc. in a Hot Wheels game either.

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Quite the opposite via my eyes. I think there's a lot that can be looked at there.
Dan...seemed really, uncomfortable in some of those situations. Just an observation. And since this was shot, he's left the company, as well as Barry, who is also in the video.
Their company President leaps out of frame and doesn't really talk to anyone. He did the same in the facebook stream that came up for Hot Wheels. If he's more from a traditional Indian family, that definitely guides some behavior.
Two games out, one ticket redemption being worked on, and I only saw one line worker there.
Pinball is all about nepotism, it's present in every company, and that makes sense. But I wonder why the guy doing graphic design work isn't an outside hire. It's obviously an assumption that he's related, but judging by his quality of work, he doesn't have much professional experience or pinball experience. Hence their GUI is poor, and as we've seen with Hot Wheels, will continue to be. Get that guy training, a partner, or give him a different non creative job.
Also, I always still wonder what facilitated Joe Balcer heading there. Did Lawlor push him out? Did API offer him complete freedom and more money?
There'd so much a weird hodgepodge that makes up API, and this video clearly demonstrates that in some ways.
Obviously we all have opinions, and they're just that, but this video had a distinct feel about it, and it wasn't for lack of work in that building.

I can tend to use colorful language and it can be challenging to not say something stupid when on camera, also I was biting my tongue alot.

#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

I can tend to use colorful language and it can be challenging to not say something stupid when on camera, also I was biting my tongue alot.

No.doubt. I'd imagine all around that's a weird space to be in. At least you got some time in, came out unscathed, and a different experience for sure!

You got some guns on ya man..! Keep those reps up.

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Still think your trying to read WAY to much into a simple video.

Why did Joe end up there. He simply was offered a career opportunity he felt was right for him.
Why was the President out of the video. He unlike most pinball people has NO interest in some false celebrity motive. He's a really nice guy and simply a quiet individual that see's it as a business.
Dan uncomfortable. As an awesome guy and salesman (he dam well better be!!!! lol) he had nothing to Sell. As this was unscripted he didn't have much of anything to promote which is what he does.
Only one line worker. They Were Closed!!! After hours doing a private tour with pinball fans and Todds team. Most line workers do Not appreciate being videoed.
Graphic designer is related Just because he May be the same ethnicity? Ahhh, no.
Dan and Barry. Can't answer that but they are both great guys with a valuable talent. My Guess is they were offered a better opportunity for them and their family and I see nothing uncomfortable in that decision.

Just a Total wish/suggestion. IF they sat down and listed the 10 things people disliked about Houdini and Fixed them they already have their answer. That game was a Home Run they just need to do it right. They Have the ability to make that a Top 10 game and I believe the market would give it a second chance. 250 LE total over hauled (animations top to bottom) and watch the money pour in!

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Still think your trying to read WAY to much into a simple video.
Why did Joe end up there. He simply was offered a career opportunity he felt was right for him.
Why was the President out of the video. He unlike most pinball people has NO interest in some false celebrity motive. He's a really nice guy and simply a quiet individual that see's it as a business.
Dan uncomfortable. As an awesome guy and salesman (he dam well better be!!!! lol) he had nothing to Sell. As this was unscripted he didn't have much of anything to promote which is what he does.
Only one line worker. They Were Closed!!! After hours doing a private tour with pinball fans and Todds team. Most line workers do Not appreciate being videoed.
Graphic designer is related Just because he May be the same ethnicity? Ahhh, no.
Dan and Barry. Can't answer that but they are both great guys with a valuable talent. My Guess is they were offered a better opportunity for them and their family and I see nothing uncomfortable in that decision.
Just a Total wish/suggestion. IF they sat down and listed the 10 things people disliked about Houdini and Fixed them they already have their answer. That game was a Home Run they just need to do it right. They Have the ability to make that a Top 10 game and I believe the market would give it a second chance. 250 LE total over hauled (animations top to bottom) and watch the money pour in!

I want to try to read up on Dhavel more than I have. He HAS to be a combination of figurehead like Gary or Jack, as well as their investors. As such, even if he's introverted, he DOES need to be somewhat assertive and sell. Otherwise, why did he get into this business??? That's what I truly want to know, as that guidance from him, is steering the semi half arsed direction of API, and really something we all wish to see, is API succeed.

Nirmal is Dhavel's nephew, if I'm not mistaken. Couldn't find much info on their animator, Ish Raneses, but if he's not family or a friend of the family......was he hired on his skillset...???? If so, man I wish I lived in Chicago or had pursued Graphic Design rather than bungling illustration.

Let's be genuine here Dave, we'll never truly know why people were hired or left the company. That shit is NDA'd out the arse. And that's fine, but pretending things aren't imbalanced, not guided correctly or wise decisions aren't being made at API isn't righting that ship. Armchair internet quarterbacking isn't either, but seeing their output, future output, and the overall queerness of that environment, to me, makes more sense as to their lack of success, more than it doesn't.

We are both entirely fine, and possibly accurate, in our mutually oppositional views, of course.

#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

he DOES need to be somewhat assertive and sell.

Have you seen him at a show ?

I have. TPF and Expo. Salt of the earth. Great guy. Very approachable at a show. Pride in what he does and American Pinball. Great to talk to. Very open a friendly to people.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have you seen him at a show ?
I have. TPF and Expo. Salt of the earth. Great guy. Very approachable at a show. Pride in what he does and American Pinball. Great to talk to. Very open a friendly to people.

I know I watched him at the beginning of one or two of their game announcements. Seems nice, and is obviously a very bright and driven guy. I wrote a letter to him before buying Houdini even.

I'm just saying if he's somewhat traditional in background, there are definitely cultural differences in how things and the way people conduct themselves personally and professionally. I think as Americans, we always project our own sense of culture out there, and behavior, but thankfully....thankfully, the entire globe hasn't, yet anyway, become homogenized to our way of life.

I wish most cultures didn't attempt nearly full Westernization. But global $$$$$$.

Then again, I was watching some info on China's "Wet Markets", and yeesh...that's sumthin'.

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

You got some guns on ya man..! Keep those reps up.

20 years ago I was built like a Greek God, now I am built like a Greek .

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I want to try to read up on Dhavel more than I have. He HAS to be a combination of figurehead like Gary or Jack, as well as their investors. As such, even if he's introverted, he DOES need to be somewhat assertive and sell. Otherwise, why did he get into this business??? That's what I truly want to know, as that guidance from him, is steering the semi half arsed direction of API, and really something we all wish to see, is API succeed.
Nirmal is Dhavel's nephew, if I'm not mistaken.

Dhaval and Nirmal are cousins.
Mukesh is Nirmal's father and Dhaval's uncle.
Ish is not related

#1332 4 years ago

Nirmal rocks !

nirmal (resized).jpegnirmal (resized).jpeg
#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Dhaval and Nirmal are cousins.
Mukesh is Nirmal's father and Dhaval's uncle.
Ish is not related

So Mukesh owns the main tech company, and Dhaval runs API, yes...?

Daaaaaamn Dan, I guess my 1% of being accurate in anything from my posts, is now gone! I did recognize you accurately at least.

Still wondering how Ish got that position. If he's the person accountable for florescent and fairly poor font usage......

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

20 years ago I was built like a Greek God, now I am built like a Greek .

At least you're not built like a Greek....Shithouse.

ancient-toilets-dion-greece (resized).jpgancient-toilets-dion-greece (resized).jpg
#1335 4 years ago

How much $ for it ?

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

How much $ for it ?

6300 is what I've seen estimated

#1337 4 years ago

mukesh is a cool fella, i used to buy NIB Pins from him long ago when Sega switched over to stern. good pricing as well.

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Spooky sold me a Rick and Morty pinball machine based on theme integration alone and I don't think it's the best looking game out there.
The flying Dutchman theme on the redemption game is a better theme than any of their three pinball machines.

I totally agree about the Flying Dutchman theme. However my one complaint about Rick an Morty is the lack of theme intigration. It plays like TNA part 2 with sounds and art from the show thrown over top. I didnt feel like I was watching the show at all? If you know the history of how Scott developed this game without ever meeting the producer it shows.

#1339 4 years ago

As a huge R&M fan, I was interested in hearing about a pin. That was until I heard who was making it, then my enthusiasm waned. I have played everything Spooky has made, and to be honest, they have not hit the magic sweet spot yet with any title they have done. For quality on the build, my money is on two companies right now with a distant third. CGC, AP, and JJP, in that order- they build some of the best, cleanest, well engineered machines. If AP could get a property like R&M, and hire some new art and graphic people to help with the embarrassingly bad screen assets, they could have something. Hot Wheels is a better effort at obtaining a license and integrating it into pinball, but still not a stellar execution, and a big step forward but also a big step back from Oktoberfest. Just my opinion. Yours may differ, and that's ok.

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

However my one complaint about Rick an Morty is the lack of theme intigration. It plays like TNA part 2 with sounds and art from the show thrown over top. I didnt feel like I was watching the show at all? If you know the history of how Scott developed this game without ever meeting the producer it shows.

I think you are high. The rules art and toys all tie in nicely. At the end of the day it's a pinball machine.. you have to expect the things in front of you will be pinball things to do...

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I totally agree about the Flying Dutchman theme. However my one complaint about Rick an Morty is the lack of theme intigration. It plays like TNA part 2 with sounds and art from the show thrown over top. I didnt feel like I was watching the show at all? If you know the history of how Scott developed this game without ever meeting the producer it shows.

Ummm...no. lol

#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

...my one complaint about Rick an Morty is the lack of theme intigration.

Is this a joke?

#1343 4 years ago

Yeah R&m didn't feel like the cartoon lile simpsons and southpark do. The call outs are there but Scotts take on the theme made it more like TNA. I would like to mention I played this in a dark room and the lights on it are like a bad led job totally negating the art. That could have something to do with it. The toys were thrown on last during development and not intigrated. I'm giving it another try in a brighter place, I like the game, just didn't feel it captured R&M like the other cartoon pins.

#1344 4 years ago

$6300 and the first 500 to order gets a free shaker motor, according to the email I just received.

Tempting.

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

...the first 500 to order gets a free shaker motor...

There's going to be a lot of leftover shaker motors laying around the AP factory.

#1346 4 years ago

$6300 and the first 500 to order gets a free shaker motor, according to the email I just received.
Tempting.

I do think things like that work, but they work a lot better when there's something exclusive, like a free topper for the first 500 that can't be bought afterwards. Shaker motor can always be bought later.
So my advice (for what it's worth): design a topper to give away with the first 500 games.

#1347 4 years ago

Any idea of when the hotwheels pins will start shipping?

#1348 4 years ago

Tempting.

I would actually consider it if the price was in the mid-5k range. Or, if it had a jump! I can't get over the fact that it doesn't have a jump. But I'm still going to give it a chance!

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I can't get over the fact that it doesn't have a jump.

Or a loop, and I wouldnt count the upkicker as a loop.

#1350 4 years ago

Loop topper would be nice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.