capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.
#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Agreed. As I posted a long time ago, and shown again below, Hot Wheels is a super cool license to those with kids. With the bright colors and art package, I also expect this to do well on location. I've played 2 Houdini's and an Oktoberfest that was short lived (at a location that got rid of all pins), but wow do I miss that game dearly as (outside of the animations) it was the closest thing to a JJP you could get... and for less coin.
But going back to the quote above, I have to agree... and street price is what's going to make this a hit or miss. AP has been hovering in the Stern Premium range. This particular game lacks additional flippers, mechs, and toys consistent with their past 2 releases... but it does at least have a half decent theme. But wow, do I associate Hot Wheels with cool loops, flips, turns, corkscrews, and launchers. So a fan layout WITHOUT bright orange tracks swooping everywhere is a bit of a let down... unless price forces me to consider otherwise.
For me personally, as a huge Hot Wheels "parent" (2nd generation fan), the orange track doing all sorts of cool loops and twists is why I'm a Hot Wheels fan. I don't think the playfield captured that at all... but I'm also conditioned from AP for this to be at a Stern Premium price.
If they shock us all and put this in the Stern Pro price range, a lot of us may be second guessing this title. This game has just as much as some other Stern Pro's, and if it's well done in the animations department as well, this could get a portion of home owners, but also a good share of location owners who want a good game that earns. Fingers crossed that this game is priced correctly, as I love their first two efforts and I personally love this theme!
[quoted image]

Yeah I'm quoting my own post. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?
paddy tanniger (resized).jpgpaddy tanniger (resized).jpg

One thing I realized when seeing all those people talk about how car mods would only cost $1 from Walmart on this pin, I also realized that the lack of integration of Hot Wheels' orange track may not be entirely terrible... as long as done correctly. The "orange" ramp is straight at the entry, and then is straight as it comes back down the PF. One could easily get a piece of Hot Wheels track wedged under the ramp flap going up, and then again as it comes down the ramp (mass x velocity should overcome any lip a piece or track on top of the ramp there creates).

Now we have orange ramps on the PF for what, like $3-5 cost? So surely you'll be able to buy these on Pinside as a set for, what, $90???

#1052 4 years ago

Do Stern, JJ, and Spooky just sit back and laugh at these AP release announcements?

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Do Stern, JJ, and Spooky just sit back and laugh at these AP release announcements?

Yeh...Because Stern and JJP have the best reveals (think Dialed In).

#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Yeh...Because Stern and JJP have the best reveals (think Dialed In).

This is compatible to Sterns home line reveals. Fair enough. Companies are allowed to have some flops if they also have hits. Every Dialed In has its Pirates, Every Munsters has its Jurassic Park. Still waiting to see anything good from AP (Houdini defenders jump in here)
I dont know anyone in my league who would want an AP game so far.

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This is compatible to Sterns home line reveals. Fair enough. Companies are allowed to have some flops if they also have hits. Every Dialed In has its Pirates, Every Munsters has its Jurassic Park. Still waiting to see anything good from AP (Houdini defenders jump in here)

I would personally have a Houdini again at some point. Demanding but fun game. But I can't see any operator bringing in AP games in any number the way they do not support them.

#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'm a little disappointed with the start of multiball from the video. Remember when starting a multiball was fun? Remember the build up before you heard SHOWTIME!!! Remember the beacon lights rotating and filling up the arcade! Maybe it's just me, but multiball just seems to be handed out freely and regularly now. I understand the reasons why, but man I miss the spectacle that use to proceed one!
/nitpik
Artwork and game look pretty nice though. Hopefully I'll get to play one someday.

Played Adam's Family last night, and am always still poopin' my pants with glee and near seizures at the multiball..!!! Love it!

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would personally have a Houdini again at some point. Demanding but fun game. But I can't see any operator bringing in AP games in any number the way they do not support them.

How isn't AP supporting them? Do you mean regarding code or customer service? Barry was always great, but is gone now.....

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How isn't AP supporting them? Do you mean regarding code or customer service? Barry was always great, but is gone now.....

Barry was 100% awesome, always there to help with physical issues. JJP got a major boost by hiring him away.

However, breaking the operator audits, then leaving them broken for 6 months or more because it's "not a priority" is ridiculous. That's homebrew-level stuff. That actually happened on Houdini and is the reason the operator I work with canned the machine on the route and sent it on.

Contrast that with Stern on Iron Maiden when it had a 24/7 location-killing problem. When the lockup bug happened on week one, a version with the daily maintenance reboot workaround was out within about a week. It didn't FIX the lockup, but it prevented the machine from locking up. Stern experience with operator support on display.

No idea who is setting priorities at AP, but whoever it is has them COMPLETELY wrong if they want to pick up AND KEEP operator support. Another reason there needs to be a producer in the hierarchy.

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Barry was 100% awesome, always there to help. Breaking the operator audits, then leaving them broken for 6 months or more because it's "not a priority" is ridiculous. That's homebrew-level stuff. That actually happened on Houdini and is the reason the operator I work with canned the machine on the route and sent it on.
Contrast that with Stern on Iron Maiden when it had a 24/7 location-killing problem. When the lockup bug happened on week one, a version with the daily maintenance reboot workaround was out within about a week. It didn't FIX the lockup, but it prevented the machine from locking up. Stern experience with operator support on display.
No idea who is setting priorities at AP, but whoever it is has them wrong if they want operator support.

Interesting. I'm definitely not familiar with routing games. So these were code based issues I presume?

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Interesting. I'm definitely not familiar with routing games. So these were code based issues I presume?

Yeah. It happened in code. Code progress was fine for about a year, then a major code update broke the audits completely (it rebooted when you tried to clear them). They said fixing that was not an AP priority. Shocking. I couldn't believe what I was told, especially after working to push Houdini and talk up AP with the operator I was helping. That was the end of the AP route experiment, which sucked because the game was actually earning well.

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah. It happened in code. Code progress was fine for about a year, then a major code update broke the audits completely (it rebooted when you tried to clear them). Fixing that was not an "AP priority."

Personally their direction from day one has seemed offbase, and without a director or team leader in charge that is capable enough of molding their brand. They have talent, but also really one team of talent, but beyond that they definitely need outside guidance.

They have so many attributes that are worthy though, sadly....

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Personally their direction from day one has seemed offbase, and without a director or team leader in charge that is capable enough of molding their brand. They have talent, but also really one team of talent, but beyond that they definitely need outside guidance.
They have so many attributes that are worthy though, sadly....

This is a result of poor management and the company not being led by a pinball person.

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Barry was 100% awesome, always there to help with physical issues. JJP got a major boost by hiring him away.

JJP is very fortunate to have him on board. One of the greatest techs.

LTG : )

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is a result of poor management and the company not being led by a pinball person.

That's the drift I get, and I hope they bring in someone with experience as a lead, sooner rather than later.

#1065 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Distributors post on Pinside and Facebook regarding new game releases and pinball festivals and shows to take interested lists or orders. This is absolutely normal. And if JJ, Craig, Chris, Zach, Joe or whoever else might be an AP distro wants to make a benign advertising post, who cares? Pinside is always growing and not every distributor sells this game. So it's safe to assume we don't all know where we can buy it.
The few people complaining in this thread about an interested list are the same people that post 30-50 times a day on this site, much of the time shitting on everything else. So that is no surprise. It's just amusing when your complaint is about a forum thread being 'littered' when nobody else wants to read your impetuous negative drivel every 7 posts. As if every forum wasn't already a shit show made by you.
So Hot Wheels, huh? I'm excited to see it in a couple weeks. I think it will perform well at a kid's fun center or a barcade. I think it's too early for anyone to know whether or not it's a good game based on what's been shown and that it hasn't been played. Some of the shots look interesting. Hope it sells well for AP.[quoted image]

If only I could up-vote this 100 times!

#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Wow, I just looked at your collection, and that's saying a lot! You may need to take over that thread who asks if their collection is the G.O.A.T (which is BS because we all know there is only one GOAT across all sports and hobbies, and that's Tom Brady )

OI, I heard that. I’ve owned every game (except beatles and Octoberfest) in his collection and only two of them endured the rigorous selection criteria to be part of the GOATGOATCOAT. Mind you, if I had room for 15 games, many would still be here.

Wouldn’t mind owning Octoberfest one day, but can guarantee I’ll never buy a Hotwheels.

#1067 4 years ago

After watching more video it appears is does have full RGB even for GI, something Stern's Premiums and LEs don't even have and I think is a huge distinction!

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Wow, I just looked at your collection, and that's saying a lot! You may need to take over that thread who asks if their collection is the G.O.A.T (which is BS because we all know there is only one GOAT across all sports and hobbies, and that's Tom Brady )

Agreed, what a collection the guy has.
I would remove munster and whoa nellie for afmrle and tom. Dream.

#1069 4 years ago

I’m Just curious ? So all these post one after another on how bad AP is ! There games suck Bla Bla Bla

Have any of you guys even played the game ?

If we’re gonna start bitching let’s talk about Sterns Lock Down bars ?
Or the Metal cabinets with exterior Bolts

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:This is compatible to Sterns home line reveals. Fair enough. Companies are allowed to have some flops if they also have hits. Every Dialed In has its Pirates, Every Munsters has its Jurassic Park. Still waiting to see anything good from AP (Houdini defenders jump in here)

No one in your league wants one because your Canadian. If you ever want to see another hockey pin again its going to be from AP so you may want to stop taking a dump on everything.

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

No one in your league wants one because your Canadian. If you ever want to see another hockey pin again its going to be from AP so you may want to stop taking a dump on everything.

Wtf man? Xenophobic much?
Wait, I'm Canadian. I mean, so sorry aboot that. My mistake. Here, have some maple syrup and a donut eh

#1072 4 years ago

Looks cool. Kudos to AP for churning out unique themes and layouts !

Confused by the hotdog on a stick :/

#1073 4 years ago

I just don't get that spinning car.

Did the designer really think, 'wow, this is cool'?

#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I just don't get that spinning car.
Did the designer really think, 'wow, this is cool'?

they probably thought we can use the mech from Indy 500

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

they probably thought we can use the mech from Indy 500

But the indy 500 one has a circular "racetrack" under the car, so at least it makes visual SENSE.

#1076 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But the indy 500 one has a circular "racetrack" under the car, so at least it makes visual SENSE.

they're hot wheels... your suppose to use your imagination lol

kinda like when you play a modern Stern, just use your imagination to think of all the cool things they didn't do with whichever theme

IMNLND (resized).jpgIMNLND (resized).jpg
#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Car themes are generic. Indy 500 is a fantastic game that I could buy for a fraction of the price of Hotwheels. In fact I could buy 3 fantastic car themed games -Indy 500, Mustang and Getaway - for the same price.

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

After watching more video it appears is does have full RGB even for GI, something Stern's Premiums and LEs don't even have and I think is a huge distinction!

Totally agree, I just put STLE next to BM66LE and the lightshow on STLE blows BM66 away, it’s a shame Stern stopped doing full RGB.

APs games have the goodies, they just don’t have the licenses to get them instant mass appeal, Stern realised theme matters and with a good theme and good art you can get away with a lot.

#1079 4 years ago

They did reveal it at the 2020 Amusement Expo. Stern revealed Beatles with no fan fair at the 2019 IAAPA show. Who cares how its revealed. I'm sure it will be at TPF, MGC, blah, blah, does the reveal matter if you like the game or don't like the game? So who cares!

I think this whole notion about a reveal is overblown. If they come out with cheerleaders, throw a bunch of confetti around, toss out t-shirts will that make you buy the game? C'mon!

So who cares!

The game looks interesting however I do NOT like this spinning car in the center, I've never seen anything so distracting in my entire life. Lets hope that gets removed from the game totally. I was a bit disappointed the game didn't have a loop, or a jump or something. Either way the game looks pretty cool but you'll never know without putting your hands on it.

Just have to wait and see it in person when its revealed to you IN PERSON!!!

#1080 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Pirates wasn't a hit. A great game, mind you, but not a hit. It didn't really get popular until JJP revealed they were taking it off the line and people went into panic mode.

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

...Stern revealed Beatles with no fan fair at the 2019 IAAPA show. Who cares how its revealed. I'm sure it will be at TPF, MGC, blah, blah, does the reveal matter if you like the game or don't like the game? So who cares!
I think this whole notion about a reveal is overblown. If they come out with cheerleaders, throw a bunch of confetti around, toss out t-shirts will that make you buy the game? C'mon!
So who cares!

I don't think anybody is asking for that honestly... its 2020. All of these companies have social media and youtube accounts. you pick your date to launch the game, your press release kit goes out, video goes up on youtube and social media post goes out to the world. unless they're making last minute changes to games I really don't understand what the big deal is here. Williams use to make promo videos about new pins and arcade games back in the 90s... and they went all out hiring actors (or maybe using staff) just show off the game, its special feature the different models... its not hard people.

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Pirates wasn't a hit. A great game, mind you, but not a hit. It didn't really get popular until JJP revealed they were taking it off the line and people went into panic mode.

I didnt mean a financial hit. I just meant good games that people hold highly. I actually am not a big fan of pirates (put down the pitch forks) I used it as an example because it's on many of my friends top 10. I want that sweet sweet Elwin and the Dinosaurs game.

#1083 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Are you really comparing Dialed In to Munsters? Dialed In is hell of an amazing pin.

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are you really comparing Dialed In to Munsters? Dialed In is hell of an amazing pin.

Nah he's comparing hits vs flops from individual companies. (at least flops and hits in his opinion).

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

Williams use to make promo videos about new pins and arcade games back in the 90s... and they went all out hiring actors (or maybe using staff) just show off the game, its special feature the different models... its not hard people.

They use to make great promo videos .

#1086 4 years ago

PinballSTAR will have HOT WHEELS at Allentown Pinfest in May...

We will have a limited number of show games available at a discount at the show and we are hoping some NIB ones as well...

If interested in a taking a discounted show game email Joe at [email protected] to get info !

#1087 4 years ago

After seeing a minute and a half of fuzzy video plus a picture of the layout , I think this pin should be fun . From what I've seen the horn beeping when you hit the bumper could get annoying , hopefully they have a few different horn noises , so especially in multiball it sounds like cars beeping in a traffic jam . It's a very early days but it looks as though this could be a really fun pin , considering I thought the Hot Wheels theme could be average .

#1088 4 years ago

I'm still baffled why multiple distributors are posting about selling the game, and AP has still not even updated their website, or shown high res images or video of the game, official pricing, etc. What are they waiting for?

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I'm still baffled why multiple distributors are posting about selling the game

That's because they want to sell games.

You guys put up orders for stuff that's rumored to be coming in years.

#1090 4 years ago

This actually wasn't a dig at the distributors.. but American Pinball. Are they waiting for a big dramatic reveal after the cats out of the bag? Just strange. They obviously invited people to play the games, allowed people to take crappy cell phone photos and video and then all they do is post a teaser on facebook?

#1091 4 years ago

Just like Mustang-Corvette-Indy500-Nascar... they may be good games. I don't know.

Because the theme just turns me off and I have no interest. Cars and pinball just don't resonate with me.

Same with Hot wheels. Just ho hum in my mind.

Again, just my 2 cents

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

It may turn out to be a cool pin but there is a lot of competition coming with some great themes. I think it may be a tough sell.

Do you mind listing the new pins you’ve heard of that are getting ready to come out? Thanks

#1093 4 years ago

So the game looks like there is less on it, but rumor is the price is going to be over $1,000 less than their last game. Nice to see a company price the game based on what is in it, vs keeping the same price from game to game. Both of their other games seemed to give you more for your money then some other companies, curious to get to play this to see how it stacks up against a Stern Pro (looks like all RGB lighting, which you would never see on a Stern). Rules on their other games have been deep and challenging, I hope that the move to a simpler machine does not mean a lesser rule set. Maybe with the lower price we will see more of these on location than their last games, given they are revealing it at an Amusement show I have to wonder if that is their goal. I find in funny how some here thing Pinside is the entire pinball buying world, Stern has revealed games at events not totally focused on pinball.

Monitor off center, not sure how I feel about that, need to play it to see. I like that it gives more room for artwork, just not sure until I play it if it will be annoying or not (although, not like I am looking at the screen that much while playing). Looks like they sort of tried to integrated into the art, but Houdini was much better done.

Oh, Cars beats Turtles and aging rock bands all day, every day.

#1094 4 years ago

Did I see someone post 6200.00 somewhere? Maybe it was on fb......

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Do you mind listing the new pins you’ve heard of that are getting ready to come out? Thanks

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Guns N Roses and, at the time I made that post, Stranger Things. The rationale being all three of those are probably more desirable themes than Hot Wheels.

#1096 4 years ago

Will the drop to $6200 kick off a round of price realignments around the industry? That's $100 more than the current MSRP of Stranger Things Pro. Granted, you have to pay shipping with AP games, and nobody is paying MSRP for Stern games if they are not completely clueless. The market is saturated, and about to be even more saturated due to the number of titles that are about to be released. A slowing economy will mean slowing pin sales for a lot of HUO buyers. Will we see some dog-eat-dog tactics and more aggressive pricing/discounts among manufacturers to stay competitive in the coming months? This could be the the second shot shot of a new pinball war. Remember, JJP lowered the price of Wonka SE last year already.

As for me, I still think the big market disruptor of 2020 is going to be Punny Factory

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Guns N Roses and, at the time I made that post, Stranger Things. The rationale being all three of those are probably more desirable themes than Hot Wheels.

Man I love pinball but what lame themes. I mean if u love it then Im happy for ya but imagine a world where it was Road Warrior, Blade runner, a new Robocop pin and maybe a Terminator based on the first film. Motorhead instead of GnR. I'm just venting via personal taste.

#1098 4 years ago

Exactly why people spend years making their own game based on the theme they love. You'll probably never see any of these games released but the means to make them yourself exist now (p3roc, companies making playfields/plastics, etc). Roll up your sleeves man!

Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I love pinball but what lame themes. I mean if u love it then Im happy for ya but imagine a world where it was Road Warrior, Blade runner, a new Robocop pin and maybe a Terminator based on the first film. Motorhead instead of GnR. I'm just venting via personal taste.

#1099 4 years ago

If there was ever going to be pinball in a Chuck E. Cheese (since Shrek), this is it.

#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

If there was ever going to be pinball in a Chuck E. Cheese, this is it.

Were you not around for Shrek?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/22?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.