capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anybody that gives out your info without asking you no matter what the circumstance is super lame.
Thanks for the heads up on this nineball.

yeah, that’s a douche move. Major asshattery. Fucknuckle territory.

#1002 4 years ago

Those redline tire pops look dope!

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh stop Hilton I did not send out your private info to groups of people. A collector asked what happened to a game I had a couple years ago and I said I sold it to Hilton. Good lord man it’s like I stole your kitten or something. Chill out. Tell me more about your Rick and Morty reveal stream at your routing location. Just trying to let people know we are an AP dealer and can get on a list to be updated with info instead of reading all this crap to find out details.
If any of you were so put off by my one post, my apologies. Your kittens and puppies are safe

Don't be a dick and add the kittens and puppies comment at the end. It's a sleazy move but you acknowledged the mistake and you apologized. Just end it there.

And "reading all this crap" (as you so nicely put it) IS the purpose of the thread.... It's not inserting your BS selling techniques to shill for your business. As a reminder - hearing from the community about their thoughts regarding the game is the point of pinside.

#1004 4 years ago

Congratulations on G-3 API!!!
Damn, had to keep this secret way to long.
Leaking of product needs to stop.
Whew, I can finally say something.
Thanks for bringing back old head.
When you re-skin oktoberfest with this head I will be there.

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

They've had a real tough time selling games but almost all agree that with the first two, you got a lot for your money. They were pretty loaded games.
BOM on this is obviously lower which is a shame. For me hot wheels had to have crazy ramps. One thing you can't mess up and from first impressions I don't see any but maybe I'm missing it haha

Hey man we agree! Oktoberfest had a shit load of mechanics for the price, I really like it. As a company though unfortunately they feel compelled to go another direction to try and keep the lights on. It sucks, but its business I guess. I hope they sell the hell out of it.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't be a dick and add the kittens and puppies comment at the end. It's a sleazy move but you acknowledged the mistake and you apologized. Just end it there.
And "reading all this crap" (as you so nicely put it) IS the purpose of the thread.... It's not inserting your BS selling techniques to shill for your business. You know.....hearing from the community about their thoughts regarding the game is the point of pinside.

I have to stick up for Zach here a minute, he as a distro had a product revealed and needed to get in front of it or risk losing sales because you know other API distributors are going to be doing the same thing.

#1007 4 years ago

Gdamnit, 19 pages before I get to the drama?
What the hell pinside?!

Looks fun to shoot....hope I can play at TPF!

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hey man we agree! Oktoberfest had a shit load of mechanics for the price, I really like it. As a company though unfortunately they feel compelled to go another direction to try and keep the lights on. It sucks, but its business I guess. I hope they sell the hell out of it.

AP don’t need to cheap out, at the very least they just need good to decent licences to grab that initial attention/the sweet nostalgic spot of the collector and licences that will make punters walk up to them in the wild and drop coin in them. AAA licences would cost them but also pull in sales sight unseen, it’s what Stern do successfully 3-4 times a year, it’s proven it works.

F&F would kill on location and plenty of pinheads would buy a super fast smooth shooter with that licence even if they say they wouldn’t because they don’t like the franchise, a butter smooth lightening quick shooter would sell and as for the location it would be huge the films have worldwide appeal and stick the rock on the translite no matter the cost and you would have a line queuing up.

#1009 4 years ago

What's pissing me off is Kanaeda was right.

#1010 4 years ago

Lord I hope that rotating car isn't on an endless loop.

#1011 4 years ago

Not just you...I was getting hypnotized watching it go around and around.

#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

You're assuming it wasn't a planned "leak".

Well you have a good point there.

Let the people do the launch for you. Pinside, Facebook, etc. etc.

Faster, better, and more efficient.

LTG : )

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Lord I hope that rotating car isn't on an endless loop.

It looks as though it will get annoying, it should just only go when you start a special mode or something .

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

I have to stick up for Zach here a minute, he as a distro had a product revealed and needed to get in front of it or risk losing sales because you know other API distributors are going to be doing the same thing.

So where are they?

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

the car spinning around is really distracting.

mod it appropiately to fit this scene, and youll have a great comeback every time someone asks you "whats with the car?".

#1016 4 years ago

Im an API distributor as well, I just don’t post on Pinside as much anymore but happy to start a list as well. Might have a few show games to turn loose in a couple of weeks at Texas Pinball Festival if any of my fellow North Texas peeps or others attendees might possibly be interested in one of those.

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What's pissing me off is Kanaeda was right.

I think there is an idiom or two about that?

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Im an API distributor as well, I just don’t post on Pinside as much anymore but happy to start a list as well. Might have a few show games to turn loose in a couple of weeks at Texas Pinball Festival if any of my fellow North Texas peeps or others attendees might possibly be interested in one of those.

Call him today. You'll be glad you did !

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Appreciate it LTG!
See you in a few weeks my friend.

#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from hassellcastle:

Appreciate it LTG!
See you in a few weeks my friend.

I might point out. Yes Craig is my friend. I've known him for years.

I posted to call him because he is a damn good distributor, not just my friend.

#1022 4 years ago

Hmm..I was expecting at least some form of looped ramp. Either a few like TFTC or an actual loop off the shooter lane. How can you have hotwheels and not have a loop?

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well you have a good point there.
Let the people do the launch for you. Pinside, Facebook, etc. etc.
Faster, better, and more efficient.

I would have done it differently

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm..I was expecting at least some form of looped ramp. Either a few like TFTC or an actual loop off the shooter lane.

Spiderman-like VUK is filling that spot on the scaled back Hot Wheels BOM.

Yikes, the screen in motion in the longer video is typical the AP graphical disaster. Bad color choices, hard to read, badly thought out. Literally zero lessons learned.

#1025 4 years ago

Well, I assume they worked really hard on that game. Wish them the best in finding some buyers...Maybe a code up date can spice up that audio some...That needs to be fixed.

#1026 4 years ago

That link sends you to a walk thru at the Captain's auction. Did not watch the whole thing but don't believe they had this game there on Saturday.

#1027 4 years ago

Distributors post on Pinside and Facebook regarding new game releases and pinball festivals and shows to take interested lists or orders. This is absolutely normal. And if JJ, Craig, Chris, Zach, Joe or whoever else might be an AP distro wants to make a benign advertising post, who cares? Pinside is always growing and not every distributor sells this game. So it's safe to assume we don't all know where we can buy it.

The few people complaining in this thread about an interested list are the same people that post 30-50 times a day on this site, much of the time shitting on everything else. So that is no surprise. It's just amusing when your complaint is about a forum thread being 'littered' when nobody else wants to read your impetuous negative drivel every 7 posts. As if every forum wasn't already a shit show made by you.

So Hot Wheels, huh? I'm excited to see it in a couple weeks. I think it will perform well at a kid's fun center or a barcade. I think it's too early for anyone to know whether or not it's a good game based on what's been shown and that it hasn't been played. Some of the shots look interesting. Hope it sells well for AP.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 6.49.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-10 at 6.49.02 PM (resized).png
#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That link sends you to a walk thru at the Captain's auction. Did not watch the whole thing but don't believe they had this game there on saturday.

It would be nice if people just uploaded and linked youtube videos because they play within pinside, and no facebook visit required.

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That link sends you to a walk thru at the Captain's auction. Did not watch the whole thing but don't believe they had this game there on saturday.

Jump in about a minute thirty.

EDIT: Better yet, just check a few posts below. I uploaded them to youtube. And linked them so they play here.

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

And "reading all this crap" (as you so nicely put it) IS the purpose of the thread.... It's not inserting your BS selling techniques to shill for your business. As a reminder - hearing from the community about their thoughts regarding the game is the point of pinside.

Gotta echo these sentiments.

I know Zach has been getting shelled a lot on here, and the TPN thread. Some of it over the top and harsh for sure. But...if a customer was irked by something, being dismissive isn't a reassuring route to take. The puppies and kittens comment is more negating than acknowledging someone, a customer at that, felt wronged.

Side note...

Just had a thought how groovy it would have been, to maybe have had a transparent apron, and have an entire orange LOOP of track go around the game, and the ball be able to access that for lap times. Would have really made the game add standout and echoed the theme.

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess the Captain does have one. Might have to go check it out.

#1032 4 years ago

Hopefully they focus on the older, original “Redline” cars.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

Distributors post on Pinside and Facebook regarding new game releases and pinball festivals and shows to take interested lists or orders. This is absolutely normal. And if JJ, Craig, Chris, Zach, Joe or whoever else might be an AP distro wants to make a benign advertising post, who cares? Pinside is always growing and not every distributor sells this game. So it's safe to assume we don't all know where we can buy it.
The few people complaining in this thread about an interested list are the same people that post 30-50 times a day on this site, much of the time shitting on everything else. So that is no surprise. It's just amusing when your complaint is about a forum thread being 'littered' when nobody else wants to read your impetuous negative drivel every 7 posts. As if every forum wasn't already a shit show made by you.
So Hot Wheels, huh? I'm excited to see it in a couple weeks. I think it will perform well at a kid's fun center or a barcade. I think it's too early for anyone to know whether or not it's a good game based on what's been shown and that it hasn't been played. Some of the shots look interesting. Hope it sells well for AP.[quoted image]

Well said...couldn’t agree more.
Seriously Thank you.

Please introduce me to yourself at TPF. I’m buying this guy a beer

#1034 4 years ago

I think it looks pretty cool.
Looking forward to checking it out.

#1035 4 years ago

I love how all these so called experts keep using the term BOM and I bet half of the have no clue what it really means. This is just laughable. Show us the price point and then we can talk about the bill of materials. If AP prices this like a Stern Pro, you can all wipe your asses with the BOM!

#1036 4 years ago

Here's a youtube embed of the video that doesn't require visiting the facebook pigpen:

Might take a while before youtube finishes processing it to full res.

Here's the other one:

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird that Mariah Carey did the stream there.....

Such a baffling way to "reveal" a game, at a tradeshow, with ZERO connection to their other target market, Pinside/the pinball buying public.

Nuts that they used the game music from Oktoberfest...oh wait, seems that was blaring for some reason, and Hot Wheels was barely audible. Great move API.

And like you said, their typography is still atrocious. I always hated working in fonts and graphic design, but man I can tell right away this is NOT how you display fonts. Hyper florescent colors, minimal stroke usage, lack of drop shadows, etc. "EPIC" looks solid though!

I hope it's fun to shoot, looks it, and that it has the nice solid build quality that API has been known for thus far!

#1038 4 years ago

The spinning car on a stick is rather disappointing, and probably distracting too.

Rob

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

I would have done it differently

Why ? The games sell themselves.

Just kidding. They lost a good man and didn't let him live up to his potential. Hard to sell under someone else's rules.

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The spinning car on a stick is rather disappointing, and probably distracting too.
Rob

It DOES stop, though. Not for long enough, but it does stop. The spin/stop ratio needs to be inverted. AT LEAST.

#1041 4 years ago

Apparently, per kaneda 6299 price..... I could be wrong but that's almost 1k less than the other two?

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It DOES stop, though. Not for long enough, but it does stop. The spin/stop ratio needs to be inverted. AT LEAST.

It has something to do with RPM and the engine blowing up. I think.

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Apparently, per kaneda 6299 price..... I could be wrong but that's almost 1k less than the other two?

$650 less than Houdini list. So about 10% less price, 40% less stuff on the machine.

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$650 less than Houdini list. So about 10% less price, 40% less stuff on the machine.

Yeah, Houdini listed at $6995 and then Oktoberfest at $7395.

Nice to see they're flexible in pricing and design types. I'm assuming they're sticking with the one style format still.

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm..I was expecting at least some form of looped ramp. Either a few like TFTC or an actual loop off the shooter lane. How can you have hotwheels and not have a loop?

Agreed. As I posted a long time ago, and shown again below, Hot Wheels is a super cool license to those with kids. With the bright colors and art package, I also expect this to do well on location. I've played 2 Houdini's and an Oktoberfest that was short lived (at a location that got rid of all pins), but wow do I miss that game dearly as (outside of the animations) it was the closest thing to a JJP you could get... and for less coin.

But going back to the quote above, I have to agree... and street price is what's going to make this a hit or miss. AP has been hovering in the Stern Premium range. This particular game lacks additional flippers, mechs, and toys consistent with their past 2 releases... but it does at least have a half decent theme. But wow, do I associate Hot Wheels with cool loops, flips, turns, corkscrews, and launchers. So a fan layout WITHOUT bright orange tracks swooping everywhere is a bit of a let down... unless price forces me to consider otherwise.

For me personally, as a huge Hot Wheels "parent" (2nd generation fan), the orange track doing all sorts of cool loops and twists is why I'm a Hot Wheels fan. I don't think the playfield captured that at all... but I'm also conditioned from AP for this to be at a Stern Premium price.

If they shock us all and put this in the Stern Pro price range, a lot of us may be second guessing this title. This game has just as much as some other Stern Pro's, and if it's well done in the animations department as well, this could get a portion of home owners, but also a good share of location owners who want a good game that earns. Fingers crossed that this game is priced correctly, as I love their first two efforts and I personally love this theme!

Wall tracks (resized).jpgWall tracks (resized).jpg

#1046 4 years ago

I have to say it - I would buy this over a Stranger Things LE in a heartbeat. The API games that I have have had less issues vs. my other games too. Damnit! I may have to buy this.

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I have to say it - I would buy this over a Stranger Things LE in a heartbeat. The API games that I have have had less issues vs. my other games too. Damnit! I may have to buy this.

Wow, I just looked at your collection, and that's saying a lot! You may need to take over that thread who asks if their collection is the G.O.A.T (which is BS because we all know there is only one GOAT across all sports and hobbies, and that's Tom Brady )

#1048 4 years ago

It's not for me but looking at the siderails & stuff this seems clearly more targeted towards the "Pro" audience (wich includes location gaming) wich is a good thing to enlarge the consumer base.

I'd still buy a Houdini if I'd have the money!

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Wow, I just looked at your collection, and that's saying a lot! You may need to take over that thread who asks if their collection is the G.O.A.T (which is BS because we all know there is only one GOAT across all sports and hobbies, and that's Tom Brady )

Holy shit man! I’m psyched I picked up a jp pro this past weekend, and you made me look at that. lol !

#1050 4 years ago

I'm a little disappointed with the start of multiball from the video. Remember when starting a multiball was fun? Remember the build up before you heard SHOWTIME!!! Remember the beacon lights rotating and filling up the arcade! Maybe it's just me, but multiball just seems to be handed out freely and regularly now. I understand the reasons why, but man I miss the spectacle that use to proceed one!
/nitpik

Artwork and game look pretty nice though. Hopefully I'll get to play one someday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/21?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.