capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't "get" the spinning car though.

Hey, it worked before.

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg
#952 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

For whatever reason, the heads of AP games reminds me of 80's Gottlieb games.

I think the odd AP backbox design works well for Hot Wheels.

#953 4 years ago

I think AP has done an admirable job course-correcting from previous missteps. They backed off the crazy, packed, playfield designs and original themes and come out with a nice art package on a licensed theme. I am more that pleasantly surprised. I'm anxious to see it in person.

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

The Star Wars shipped sailed when disney bought lucas. But thats a whole nother conversation.

It’s more relevant today than fucking Hot Wheels with dinosaurs. That’s a fact.

#955 4 years ago

Game looks fun. Reminds me of Banzai Run a little.

I would have left the endlessly rotating car back to 90s Gottlieb land. Doesn't seem like it would do much except provoke motion sickness.

#956 4 years ago

Classic American pinball with their 15 frames per second animations. Cmon guys!

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s more relevant today than fucking Hot Wheels with dinosaurs. That’s a fact.

Versus dinasours and a hot wheel in the ball lock?

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yancy - go PM Zach directly to kiss his ass. Many of us don't appreciate the BUY BUY BUY spam. Thanks.

He’s just trying to make a living...he’s a salesman...that’s what they do.

#959 4 years ago

Looking forward to playing one, love the spinners at each orbit.

#960 4 years ago

Looks fast and flowy......as it should for the theme. Fairly simple compared to their other games. Accessible. But that’s also in keeping with the theme.

Art looks really good.

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They have to be aware that people have camera phones.

people having camera phones and action cameras didnt help the community capture any additional videos of RAM this past month after the initial deadflip reveal stream in madison on feb 15. during the past three weeks, dozens of games have appeared in the wild. very strange, given that RAM was the playmate of the month for february 2020. pinball needs more paparazzi.

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Imagine if every single distributor would do what he's doing in these discussion threads....would that be okay with you?

#963 4 years ago

No game is perfect. I would want to put a few bucks in one if it was on location. Looks fun. I say that's good enough.

#964 4 years ago

Where is the shot that feeds the Blue ramp on the right, I don't see the entrance to that on the layout posted or I'm just missing it.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Imagine if every single distributor would do what he's doing in these discussion threads....would that be okay with you?

Most distributors don’t distribute API and aren’t active here.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Where is the shot that feeds the Blue ramp on the right, I don't see the entrance to that on the layout posted or I'm just missing it.

Looks like left orbit, sorta like Stranger Things left orbit feed to the ramp....

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

people having camera phones and action cameras didnt help the community capture any videos of RAM this past month, even though a few dozen games have appeared in the wild during the past three weeks. very strange, given that RAM was the playmate of the month for february 2020. pinball needs more paparazzi.

I've seen people posting videos and photos of RAM, to say nothing of Jack Danger already streaming it

#968 4 years ago

Looks like API is going after Stern's pro line. This game should do great on location. There isn't that much that could break on this machine. Hopefully the price is inline.

#969 4 years ago

My younger Brother 34yrs has a huge hotwheels collection. Just sent him this and I'd bet he forwarded to his wife for final approval to get on a list.

#970 4 years ago

IMO, AP took the path of least resistance. If you can’t beat Stern, might as well join them in a stripped back Pro version of a machine. Somebody ought to take this art package and put Oktoberfest’s mechs under it. Turn those twisty curly fries ramps orange... then maybe they got something.

#971 4 years ago

Hot Wheels are fun, cool and collectible because they are mini. In fact, the exact size is, for some reason, extraordinarily fun. I really hope they don't use Hot Wheels as a proxy for a "car" game or a fast and furious game. They should go all in on Hot Wheels, getting many actual Hot Wheels onto the playfield, not just as decoration. Ability to sub out cars would be awesome. (Sorry if someone has already made this point. Haven't read all posts)

#972 4 years ago

Should read back some. There are lots of pictures and videos posted already.

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey, it worked before.[quoted image]

doesn’t the ball make contact with and spin the car though?

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If you can’t beat Stern, might as well join them in a stripped back Pro version of a machine.

I'll bet it comes out at the same price as the last two games.

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

dude, beautiful home!

Thank you!

Quoted from bigehrl:

is that all that People's Court money?

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How were the screen video and callouts? They looked pretty cringe-worthy in the 30 second video that was posted earlier. The layout looks fast and fun but the animations look like something my toddler would watch on Youtube.

It was just of the playfield ... but I'd suspect the animations are below par just by ap other pins..

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'll bet it comes out at the same price as the last two games.

I won’t take that bet... you are probably right.

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from citerne:

Here is a video on my YouTube channel

Wow, looks like a sophomore designed it
They need to hire a better designer ASAP.

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

doesn’t the ball make contact with and spin the car though?

Looks like the car spins faster as more RPM lights in front of the flippers come on. Seems like it starts out slower in the video when 1 is lit and gets a bit faster with each additional light.

#980 4 years ago

I have to think this is an attempt to get a lower cost game into the marketplace. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't have as much "stuff" going on to justify a Stern Premium level price-point. I bet this thing launches lower than a Stern Pro price.

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I've seen people posting videos and photos of RAM, to say nothing of Jack Danger already streaming it

my bad. i left out, but meant to say, "since the deadflip stream". edited my comment. still havent run across any footage of RAM posted since then.

very aware of the deadflip reveal. have enjoyed that one too many times to mention, especially the moment at [19:43] where hilton lets the game know whos number one.

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

my bad. i left out, but meant to say, "since the deadflip stream". edited my comment. still havent run across any footage of RAM posted since then.
very aware of the deadflip reveal. have enjoyed that one too many times to mention, especially the moment at [19:43] where hilton lets the game know whos number one.

I've seen some on Facebook and reddit. Not much because there are so few out in the wild and no one is bringing a streaming rig into Jackbar.

#983 4 years ago

Everyone is a riot on pinside. Too much stuff everyone complains it hasnt got flow. They strip back to add flow and people complain there isn't enough stuff. What exactly do you want? Here is your flow game, now shut up.

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have to think this is an attempt to get a lower cost game into the marketplace. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't have as much "stuff" going on to justify a Stern Premium level price-point. I bet this thing launches lower than a Stern Pro price.

If it shoots as fast and smooth as it might look too and it does come out below stern pro pricing then I’ll take one to re-theme

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from citerne:

Here is a video on my YouTube channel

What is that constant annoying fast TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK sound? Is that part of the game?

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are now.
LTG : )

LOL

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

He can stay in his own lane and not litter game threads with his sales BS. It's a low life move.

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wow, looks like a sophomore designed it
They need to hire a better designer ASAP.

a... "sophomore" ? Can't say I've ever actually heard that used in a derogatory way since I was in college... No wait, no, not even then!

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You should give us a try some time Hilton, you were happy with the last deal we made.

I believe I purchase a single game from you as a collector (before you were a distributor) and have since had to ask you to stop giving out my contact info to other people that have since asked you about the game. 1 guy in particular that you told I bought the game was so bad I needed to block his cell because he wont take "not for sale" as the answer. Best part is he thinks I should sell to him for what I bought it for.

In short... no thanks.

I assume all sales are private unless both parties are cool with it being public. Not a fan of having my info handed out to others after a sale goes down.

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Most distributors don’t distribute API and aren’t active here.

That’s not the point. Every time there is a reveal for any game, we get bombarded with his sales pitch several times on pinside as well as all of the popular pinball Facebook groups. What if every distributor did the same thing? It’s get old, and frankly turns me off from buying from him.

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A loop the loop, a corkscrew or jump ramp where no brainers for this theme.
Pop bumpers as pistons instead of cheap plastic tyres would have been nice.

They could have used all the "rollercoaster" corkscrew rails from their last hit pinball OCTOBERFEST!!! Unless they didn't have any left over from the staggering sales numbers of that giant

This machine will definitely sell better than #2 did, but how much better? Hopefully well enough to find a license that the majority of pinball collectors will find more attractive.

#992 4 years ago

In my view it doesn't look good, but lets play it and see how it shoots...

Pinball Companies for the LOVE OF GOD sort out your shit in launching games, honestly my grand daughter does better with her school projects.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think a loop would be really hard to do with such limited height under the glass

On or coming off the back box, in the back glass, or momentarily dropping below the table’s normal surface level would all be possibilities. You could also speed things up for a loop or jump ramp by using the same method already used to accomplish Houdini’s trunk shot.

#994 4 years ago

Just saw the video , at first glance it looks good but the cunts at work were being too noisy so I couldn't hear anything .

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not a fan of having my info handed out to others after a sale goes down.

Anybody that gives out your info without asking you no matter what the circumstance is super lame.

Thanks for the heads up on this nineball.

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just saw the video , at first glance it looks good but the cunts at work were being too noisy so I couldn't hear anything .

haha work cunts are the worst.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

haha work cunts are the worst.

They don't understand this is a big deal and think work is more important . The shit you have to put up with .

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I believe I purchase a single game from you as a collector (before you were a distributor) and have since had to ask you to stop giving out my contact info to other people that have since asked you about the game. 1 guy in particular that you told I bought the game was so bad I needed to block his cell because he wont take "not for sale" as the answer. Best part is he thinks I should sell to him for what I bought it for.
In short... no thanks.
I assume all sales are private unless both parties are cool with it being public. Not a fan of having my info handed out to others after a sale goes down.

Oh stop Hilton I did not send out your private info to groups of people. A collector asked what happened to a game I had a couple years ago and I said I sold it to Hilton. Just trying to let people know we are an AP dealer and can get on a list to be updated with info.

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Everything that's worked in the past? They aren't selling anything. Im not knocking them, I enjoy their games, but I mean.... you sort of need to sell something to stay in business. For them this looks to be something different, and I really hope for their sake it is fun, because it could certainly move some games for them.

They've had a real tough time selling games but almost all agree that with the first two, you got a lot for your money. They were pretty loaded games. They needed a better theme, better art, etc

BOM on this is obviously lower which is a shame. For me hot wheels has to have crazy ramps. One thing you can't mess up and from first impressions via YouTube (very early) I don't see anything. More to come for sure but snoozer for me as of now. The kid dinosaur really needs to go.

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That’s not the point. Every time there is a reveal for any game, we get bombarded with his sales pitch several times on pinside as well as all of the popular pinball Facebook groups. What if every distributor did the same thing? It’s get old, and frankly turns me off from buying from him.

“What if this thing that doesn’t happened and won’t, does happen”

You’re wasting your energy, dude

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.