capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

People know you sell games. We get it!

I didn't know he was an AP distributor. Now I do.

#902 4 years ago

My tongue hurts from biting it so hard

#903 4 years ago

It's so fun to read all the gameplay speculation based on leaked medium-resolution pictures.

At least so far the comments seem pretty positive, a breath of fresh air to the pitchforks I've become accustomed to reading here.

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

My tongue hurts from biting it so hard

Let it loose Dan!

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I didn't know he was an AP distributor. Now I do.

Yancy - go PM Zach directly to kiss his ass. Many of us don't appreciate the BUY BUY BUY spam. Thanks.

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Where you been? People call their distributors to reserve a Stern LE when just the title is leaked. Early bird gets the worm.
Whether or not Zach should advertise in threads, I don't know or really care, but he is absolutely not too early.

I would tell you to go to another thread but I think you've already been banned! The machine looks fun.

#908 4 years ago

Lame theme. Hard pass...where’s Sterns Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They have an OCD package for $500 more where it's centered.

Guilty as charged . I have to admit I am a big fan of symmetry. One of the reasons I bought my house is the symmetrical living and dining area. I don't do well if anything other than me is off-center .

IMG_20200310_145608073 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_145608073 (resized).jpg
#910 4 years ago

I'm in(terested)!

Gonna get an Oktoberfest first though.

HOT (resized).jpgHOT (resized).jpg

#911 4 years ago

Still scratching my head at how pinball companies present their games in this weird half ass leak, not leaked kinda way. I'm not saying that fairly cringeworthy stage presentations are any better, but as many people have advised, Nintendo Direct styled, controlled and descriptive videos presented prior to a stage presence or leaks would be amazing!

Game looks filled with joy and vibrancy!

No monkey's seen yet, but GORILLA as an insert..!

That lavender font on the LCD, eesh...AP can never let go of shitty florescent type fonts.

Definitely seems to be less in the game, design/mech wise, but maybe less busy and more 80's style is an improvement over their 2 prior games.

Inserts look fun and playful!

Definitely excited to see more!

#912 4 years ago

Definitely appears to have a lower BOM than their previous games. My first thought was that it resembles something that would come out of the Stern factory.

#913 4 years ago

Just watched a minute and half video and it looks to play fast with nice flow. Looks to not have as much going on as prior realeases but there's probably few things we can't see . Looking fwd to seeing more of this.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Still scratching my head at how pinball companies present their games in this weird half ass leak, not leaked kinda way.

I doubt they thought it would leak. But you right. They have to be aware that people have camera phones. Need to have the photos, video, and flyer out before it is out in a public event

#915 4 years ago

looks like the result of a one-night stand between Mustang and Viper Night Driving.

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Still scratching my head at how pinball companies present their games in this weird half ass leak, not leaked kinda way.

AP didn't leak it. People at the industry show did.

Maybe AP should have timed their reveal to the public sooner, or at the same time.

LTG : )

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They have to be aware that people have camera phones.

They are now.

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Guilty as charged . I have to admit I am a big fan of symmetry. One of the reasons I bought my house is the symmetrical living and dining area. I don't do well if anything other than me is off-center .[quoted image]

dude, beautiful home! is that all that People's Court money?

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe AP should have timed their reveal to the public sooner, or at the same time.

You're assuming it wasn't a planned "leak".

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just watched a minute and half video and it looks to play fast with nice flow. Looks to not have as much going on as prior realeases but there's probably few things we can't see . Looking fwd to seeing more of this.

How were the screen video and callouts? They looked pretty cringe-worthy in the 30 second video that was posted earlier. The layout looks fast and fun but the animations look like something my toddler would watch on Youtube.

#921 4 years ago

link to video
May just be me, but the car spinning around is really distracting.
Looks like it may be a fun game, but it's just not a theme i want to put in my basement

https://www.facebook.com/KnappArcade/videos/534173290561435/?v=534173290561435&external_log_id=783694640f976e06ab5b7c7125324320&q=hot%20wheels%20pinball

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Definitely appears to have a lower BOM than their previous games. My first thought was that it resembles something that would come out of the Stern factory.

Nope, it has two spinners!!

EDIT: and too many RGB inserts (though not the whole playfield from what I can tell).

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh, I know API didn't post these directly, but they are dumb dumbs...(sorry to get so fresh) and should definitely grasp that bringing and having a game in the open air at a trade show, will indeed be the public's, in person and online, view of their game. Their so well kept secret.

Just always baffles me how each new game is revealed by these companies, in a seemingly new and unprofessional way. You'd think they might have a marketing team, or sumthin'.....

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

When games 1 and 2 don’t sell well, you either take a risk and throw everything into make game 3 a sure fire hit or play it a little safer and cut costs in case you have soft sales again, guess AP went with the safer option.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

You're assuming it wasn't a planned "leak".

If it was a planned leak then what the fuck are they doing

Why let the first impressions of your new product be based on blurry photos? That's the kind of marketing move a freshman thinks is brilliant. You only get one chance at a first impression. Hurts the game more than helps it. (Hurt Oktoberfest a lot. Most people just focused on the crummy music and LCD animations while the people playing were having fun)

#926 4 years ago

I just had a friend send me a couple pics. I asked if I can share them with a few people and he said go ahead. So AP is probably encouraging the pictures.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

link to video
Looks like it may be a fun game, but it's just not a theme i want to put in my basement
https://www.facebook.com/KnappArcade/videos/534173290561435/?v=534173290561435&external_log_id=783694640f976e06ab5b7c7125324320&q=hot%20wheels%20pinball

That's like the Whirly Dirly of nausea right there.... Focusing entirely on that is a bit much frankly.

#928 4 years ago

The game looks good but not enough for me to move off of Rick and Morty. Only so much room and cash and I need to be ready for Toy Story if it ever gets produced. BTW, I don't understand all the hate for Zach. I've met and spoken with him at TPF and found him to be a good, easy to talk to and helpful guy. I will wager that he has done a lot more positive for the hobby than any of his detractors have. If the trolls find him annoying, just don't listen to him.

#929 4 years ago
89580862_3875920535759364_963767511348674560_n (resized).jpg89580862_3875920535759364_963767511348674560_n (resized).jpg89150852_3875923765759041_6062180153134415872_n (resized).jpg89150852_3875923765759041_6062180153134415872_n (resized).jpg
#930 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Whirly Dirly

Snip one wire to fix that... Easy fix. Not worried about it.

Mof

#931 4 years ago

link to video

The spinning car reminds me of a less obnoxious Mario Andretti

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Totally agree. The Hot Wheels logo is pretty godawful but the game looks really good!

Godawful? You mean the iconic Hot Wheels logo that has remained true to the original since 1968.

#933 4 years ago

link to video

initial reaction on watching that video......

Terrible

Obvious lower BOM, much less going on and what in the world is going on with that car that constantly goes in a circle? How annoying is that? Where are the crazy ramps????

It's like AP is just trying to fail. Let's do everything that actually worked in the past (loaded with cool layout) and remove that and insert hot wheels theme with a lower BOM?

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

For whatever reason, the heads of AP games reminds me of 80's Gottlieb games.[quoted image][quoted image]

I've always thought the same thing. First thing that popped into my head when I first saw the completed Houdini. Hell, in a lot of ways AP in general reminds me of gottlieb. Built like tanks, but look weird and the themes are always goofy and have a hard time competing against the industry leaders.

#935 4 years ago

Man I hope Stern releases Led Zepp soon!

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can someone post to YouTube for those without Facebook. Thanks.

Here is a video on my YouTube channel

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

When games 1 and 2 don’t sell well, you either take a risk and through everything into make game 3 a sure fire hit or play it a little safer and cut costs in case you have soft sales again, guess AP went with the safer option.

Or maybe they said "screw Pinside and the collectors, we gave them unique layouts and toys without band / movie themes, quality playfields and they shit all over us. Let's sell this thing to people who will put them in movie theaters, entertainment centers and other places where kids will play them and make the game simpler for them." Or maybe they just figured the theme appeal required that tactic of making a simpler game.

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

initial reaction on watching that video......
Terrible
Obvious lower BOM, much less going on and what in the world is going on with that car that constantly goes in a circle? How annoying is that? Where are the crazy ramps????
It's like AP is just trying to fail. Let's do everything that actually worked in the past (loaded with cool layout) and remove that and insert hot wheels theme with a lower BOM?

Everything that's worked in the past? They aren't selling anything. Im not knocking them, I enjoy their games, but I mean.... you sort of need to sell something to stay in business. For them this looks to be something different, and I really hope for their sake it is fun, because it could certainly move some games for them.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yancy - go PM Zach directly to kiss his ass.

I'm sure Zach would get a big ol' belly laugh at the thought of me being an ass kisser, after calling him out for being a biased podcaster/reviewer. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from citerne:

Here is a video on my YouTube channel

That voice work is, um, interesting.

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That voice work is, um, interesting.

Guessing it's from a Hot Wheels show.

#942 4 years ago

The left orbit - does that feed to the ramp that dumps the ball into the right inlane? Like the NBA Fastbreak left orbit and Deadpool Premium? I like those orbit to ramps shots, very fun to hit consecutive shots.

#943 4 years ago

That spinning car needs to... not spin... so much...

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Nope, it has two spinners!!

lol, true.

Quoted from J85M:

When games 1 and 2 don’t sell well, you either take a risk and through everything into make game 3 a sure fire hit or play it a little safer and cut costs in case you have soft sales again, guess AP went with the safer option.

Well, they definitely had to do something different that's for sure.

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because we haven't even seen the game flip, no pricing info, no delivery estimates, and we have only seen two or three crappy photos of the game and you are already in here trying to get people on a list to buy. It isn't like there is a single person on Pinside who doesn't know they can get a game from you. You trying to outdo Pinstadium or something?[quoted image]

It’s his job.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're using repurposed Mattel Hot Wheels cartoon clips

This might be cool after all.

Hot-Wheels-1969-television-cartoon-show-footage-race-car-toy-garage-400x250 (resized).jpgHot-Wheels-1969-television-cartoon-show-footage-race-car-toy-garage-400x250 (resized).jpg
#947 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I know many older adults that are into SW but can’t say the same about Hot Wheels, that ship sailed a long time ago. Disney doesn’t seem to think it’s juvenile do they?

The Star Wars shipped sailed when disney bought lucas. But thats a whole nother conversation.

#948 4 years ago

I don't "get" the spinning car though.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Or maybe they said "screw Pinside and the collectors, we gave them unique layouts and toys without band / movie themes, quality playfields and they shit all over us. Let's sell this thing to people who will put them in movie theaters, entertainment centers and other places where kids will play them and make the game simpler for them." Or maybe they just figured the theme appeal required that tactic of making a simpler game.

Sort of how I see it as well. People bitch at fan layouts. Same people buy mostly fan layouts because other layouts are too tight or don't have enough flow. It takes a rare genius to make a non-fan layout popular (Keith Elwin).

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I don't "get" the spinning car though.

Indy 500 has one with the shaker, but it makes sense and doesn't do it all the time. The constantly on one makes no visual sense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/19?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.