capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 28.
#851 4 years ago

Looks pretty cool actually did not have high hopes for this!

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Jesus...getting to be almost like an ambulance chaser.

Please explain what I’m doing wrong. You are on me like stink on shit.

Quoted from J85M:

Price Zach what’s the price man, people need that info..

Frustrating, but dealers have been given no info at this time. I was told more info this afternoon/evening

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Frustrating, but dealers have been given no info at this time. I was told more info this afternoon/evening

Cool Zach, I’m curious to see US pricing so it gives us an idea what it might cost over the pond here.

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

[quoted image]

This SUCKS!!!!!

Now I'm going to have to buy another pinball machine...Damn It

#855 4 years ago

doesnt look bad by any means, but was hoping a hot wheels machine would have some cooler ramps and loops and stuff, even something like the hyperspace loop on star wars would have been cool for the theme

#856 4 years ago

Already looks better than Stranger Things.

#857 4 years ago

It seems like a decent fan layout. A few of the shots do look kinda tight, like the yagov like kickback shot. I like the use of drop targets to block parts of the playfield.

It really looks like a lower BOM on the game compared to Houdini and Oktoberfest. Not much in terms of unique mechanisms or sculpted parts. Besides the ramps, they're all fairly standard parts. A few drops, some pops, some standups, etc... Maybe there is something neat like the Milk Can shot, but I'm not seeing it in the photos.

The VUK shot to the curved ramp to the return is neat. It kinda reminds me of the juggler on Hurricane. I wonder how reliable the ball will follow the path without any side guides.

#858 4 years ago

I like the wheel pop bumper caps. The colors and art package look well done. Excited to see more.

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Because we haven't even seen the game flip, no pricing info, no delivery estimates, and we have only seen two or three crappy photos of the game and you are already in here trying to get people on a list to buy. It isn't like there is a single person on Pinside who doesn't know they can get a game from you. You trying to outdo Pinstadium or something?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#860 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not much in terms of unique mechanisms or sculpted parts. Besides the ramps, they're all fairly standard parts. A few drops, some pops, some standups, etc...

aka the Danesi method, fun over toys. I like it!

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because we haven't even seen the game flip, no pricing info, no delivery estimates, and we have only seen two or three crappy photos of the game and you are already in here trying to get people on a list to buy. It isn't like there is a single person on Pinside who doesn't know they can get a game from you. You trying to outdo Pinstadium or something?

Just let the man hustle. Trying to get hype up and sell some of the games he has to sell is a real grind, and you could always just ignore him.

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It seems like a decent fan layout. A few of the shots do look kinda tight, like the yagov like kickback shot. I like the use of drop targets to block parts of the playfield.
It really looks like a lower BOM on the game compared to Houdini and Oktoberfest. Not much in terms of unique mechanisms or sculpted parts. Besides the ramps, they're all fairly standard parts. A few drops, some pops, some standups, etc... Maybe there is something neat like the Milk Can shot, but I'm not seeing it in the photos.
The VUK shot to the curved ramp to the return is neat. It kinda reminds me of the juggler on Hurricane. I wonder how reliable the ball will follow the path without any side guides.

A loop the loop, a corkscrew or jump ramp where no brainers for this theme.

Pop bumpers as pistons instead of cheap plastic tyres would have been nice.

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because we haven't even seen the game flip, no pricing info, no delivery estimates, and we have only seen two or three crappy photos of the game and you are already in here trying to get people on a list to buy. It isn't like there is a single person on Pinside who doesn't know they can get a game from you. You trying to outdo Pinstadium or something?[quoted image]

Smh.....appreciate the decency buddy.

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

aka the Danesi method, fun over toys. I like it!

Yeah there's nothing wrong with it per say. Danesi is trying to sell the mechs Pinball Life builds. But American Pinball has tried to do new stuff in the past, and these feels a little less ambitious. But hey, if they spent that money on making the screen look good then by all means that's a worthwhile tradeoff.

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yeah what an a-hole, trying to make a living in a competitive market! Some people! Sheesh!

#866 4 years ago

On my phone so can’t edit the image but if you look at the inserts where it has the beasts that you battle they abbreviated triceratops to tricera. Interesting

#867 4 years ago

Liking what I see so far. Very excited to see this thing flip.

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Smh.....appreciate the decency buddy.

If you cant undertand that many people on a hobby forum are not looking to be immediately sold to the minute a new game comes out, then you are out of touch with your customer base.

We all obviously know whom is selling these games and if not, then we ask.

It comes off as desperate for sales (most distributors are as primary market has been dead the past few months) and invading the hobby forum by the sales guy.
We are here to chat game stuff and excitement of the new release, not be told that this is trending up and buy buy buy. It comes off as insincere to some/many.

#869 4 years ago

$1 mods...yes.

#870 4 years ago

Pinball Enthusiasts Facebook group has a 15 second video of it being played.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts/

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you cant undertand that many people on a hobby forum are not looking to be immediately sold to the minute a new game comes out, then you are out of touch with your customer base.
It comes off as desperate for sales (most distributors are as primary market has been dead the past few months) and invading the hobby forum by the sales guy.
We are here to chat game stuff and excitement of the new release, not be told that this is trending up and buy buy buy. It comes off as insincere to some/many.

Literally all he did was mention that he is taking names for a preorder list. Is it truly that hard to just pass over it?

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Pinball Enthusiasts Facebook group has a 15 second video of it being played.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts/

Can someone post to YouTube for those without Facebook. Thanks.

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah there's nothing wrong with it per say. Danesi is trying to sell the mechs Pinball Life builds. But American Pinball has tried to do new stuff in the past, and these feels a little less ambitious. But hey, if they spent that money on making the screen look good then by all means that's a worthwhile tradeoff.

They're using repurposed Mattel Hot Wheels cartoon clips, so the ugly graphics are limited to the UI, score, etc. At least the Mattel part will look somewhat professional.

Unfortunately, the UI overlay looks to be more of the same. Too small fonts for some things, weird colors that don't work, bad layout. AP has apparently learned none of the lessons for success. At least they have some professional video clips of the hot wheels. That's something.
hotwheels-screen (resized).jpghotwheels-screen (resized).jpg

They desperately need a talented art director/artist to unify their screen presentation. And ideally a producer to oversee the projects and prioritize issues.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

As you are spending time taking about me and using my catchphrase I do like that. I’m just running a business and busting my ass to support my customers and going the extra mile. You should give us a try some time Hilton, you were happy with the last deal we made.

#875 4 years ago

That off-center LCD would drive me bonkers

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

On my phone so can’t edit the image but if you look at the inserts where it has the beasts that you battle they abbreviated triceratops to tricera. Interesting

They should have consulted with my two-year-old on the abbreviation. He calls them 'ceratops.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m pretty sure he isn’t making machines in an attempt to increase sales volume at pinball life.

Pinside has some amazing theories.

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That off-center LCD would drive me bonkers

They have an OCD package for $500 more where it's centered.

#879 4 years ago

I don't remember monsters/sharks/snakes being related when I was playing with HotWheels back in the day.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where you been? People call their distributors to reserve a Stern LE when just the title is leaked. Early bird gets the worm.

Whether or not Zach should advertise in threads, I don't know or really care, but he is absolutely not too early.

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Jesus...getting to be almost like an ambulance chaser.

I actually appreciate Zach’s work ethic. There is a reason that everyone knows about him on these forums and it’s not just the fact that he posts.

Zach - Keep hustling my friend. You are earning whatever you are being given. That’s a good thing.

#882 4 years ago

I'm waiting for people to buy up Hot Wheels cars and sell them as mods for this table for 20x the price.

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I’m pretty sure he isn’t making machines in an attempt to increase sales volume at pinball life.
Pinside has some amazing theories.

It's not a theory. He works for Pinball Life and designs games as a consultant to Spooky, who buys their parts from Pinball Life.

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm waiting for people to buy up Hot Wheels cars and sell them as mods for this table for 20x the price.

I grabbed all the Ferraris before Hot Wheels lost the license. Maybe it’s time to check the market?

#885 4 years ago

I let Zach know 2 months ago I want on TMNT list, nothing wrong he is doing. And if I don't like what I see with TMNT then I will remove my name.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

you are spending time taking about me and using my catchphrase. I do like that.

hiltons post read something more like this: BYE, BYE, BYE.

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's not a theory. He works for Pinball Life and designs games as a consultant to Spooky, who buys their parts from Pinball Life.

Why spend all the time and money developing a new mech when you can use existing mechs and implement them in a fun way?

End result is almost likely the same but cost is way down allowing him to put even more in the game like all those LED control boards.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

JodyG is correct. You come off like an injury lawyer chasing an ambulance. It screams desperate. Game news literally broke and here comes Zach trying to sell.

This is a thread to talk about the new game, not to sell for you Zach and promote your business. There is already a thread for that (see The Pinball Network).

I know I've called you out a lot recently but you're BETTER than this. People know you sell games. We get it! No need to spam game threads.

aaaaaand - back on topic.....

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Why spend all the time and money developing a new mech when you can use existing mechs and implement them in a fun way?
End result is almost likely the same but cost is way down allowing him to put even more in the game like all those LED control boards.

I never said there was a problem with what he was doing?

All I said was I was disappointed by American Pinball because they were trying to do more interesting things in the past, and this seems less ambitious.

Heck, Scott has even gotten more ambitious with some sculpts and toys on R&M and his new secondary ball trough mech.

#890 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200310-192855_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200310-192855_Facebook (resized).jpg
#891 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks fun, but i have to agree. A full loop for sure and possibly a jump incorporated. There are a ton of loops in the art, none on the playfield...

#892 4 years ago

Pinball is hard. This looks fun, if a little spartan on the toy/tracks front

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hot Wheels is trending up!
BUY! BUY! BUY!

Sack Money, just a regular guy! Just likes pinball! As long as it’s new and not a shitty old classic! Not a shill! Just send your sacks of money to Sack Money for a game you’ve never played! That’s how it’s done now!

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

[quoted image]

Can you shoot more video of the screen part while someone's playing?

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because we haven't even seen the game flip, no pricing info, no delivery estimates[quoted image]

When has that ever stopped pinside hysteria for a new title??

#896 4 years ago

For whatever reason, the heads of AP games reminds me of 80's Gottlieb games.

27F11D8C-04F7-42E8-BCBE-1F85A9FC3D9B (resized).jpeg27F11D8C-04F7-42E8-BCBE-1F85A9FC3D9B (resized).jpegCF75ACCF-0ED5-4AE7-9E4D-A1C75E82BF73_4_5005_c (resized).jpegCF75ACCF-0ED5-4AE7-9E4D-A1C75E82BF73_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
#897 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

When has that ever stopped pinside hysteria for a new title??

Half of the people whining have probably purchased NIB without playing them before or would if they had the $

Instead they throw stones because they’re angry and jealous people.

I just don’t get @whysnow... dude buys NIB pins, acts like a spooky ambassador, posts 100000 a day, runs a successful route with a ton of games he makes money on and gets mad that a distro said he was taking a list the day a game is shown. No one is allowed to have commercial interest in pinball but him!

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think a loop would be really hard to do with such limited height under the glass unless you did some kind of accelerator and stuck in the very back of the game, they may have thought / found that too difficult to make reliable as well. As for the pop bumper tires (tyres to you ) don't assume they are cheap plastic, both OKT and Houdini have some cool hand-crafted details on them and I wouldn't be surprised if the two tires are the same quality.

#899 4 years ago

Art is def better than the others BUT that little kid dinosaur and the overall 70s look - just dated. Also - PF doesn't look as packed. Appears Kaneda was right again (re: lower BOM).....

Where are the crazy ramps? Hard to tell all the details but I see a lot on the art.....where is that translated on the PF? Will hold off on really commenting until I see some video action.

#900 4 years ago

(to follow)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/18?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.