capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.
#801 4 years ago

The real question here is what inane tidbit of the game will Kaneda latch on to and hammer into the ground in an effort to make everyone hate it? My guess is the use of fantasy cars as opposed to real models of muscle cars.

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

New pinball is always fun to play it for the first few times. I hope the games plays great. I do think that this will be the best selling AP game yet, but that isn't a super high bar.

No price point yet, that will be interesting.

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Looks like a few tight shots, but not too bad.

You can tell that from a blurry distance picture of the PF ?

#804 4 years ago

Yeah, the first two are horrendously ugly. In my opinion, of course.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The real question here is what inane tidbit of the game will Kaneda latch on to and hammer into the ground in an effort to make everyone hate it? My guess is the use of fantasy cars as opposed to real models of muscle cars.

I don't even see ONE Dodge Demon in there.

#806 4 years ago

If TPF gets cancelled, this would be a tiny coup for API, their latest and greatest out of the gate and eclipses everyone’s TPF reveals... interesting.

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I know many older adults that are into SW but can’t say the same about Hot Wheels, that ship sailed a long time ago. Disney doesn’t seem to think it’s juvenile do they?

I'm sure there are plenty of adults that collect the Hot Wheels. I don't see anything more juvenile about them when comparing them to Star Wars, Transformers, or any other toys that could be considered for pinball. TMNT is coming and rumors of Toy Story pin also, many would like a He-Man pin also.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You can tell that from a blurry distance picture of the PF ?

Yeah, just look at the size of the ramp opening and the feature to its side. Now compare that to the spinner next to those.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I’m sure licensing with all the different potential car manufacturers would be a nightmare. Makes sense really. Also There’s a dinosaur on the art, so I’m assuming a tie in with some of the stunt sets they sell. The modes have potential to be ridiculous!

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

He's already bent out of shape over the off-center LCD (fair) and bothered by the dinosaurs and snakes, despite those being common themes on Hot Wheels toy sets.

#811 4 years ago

So where is this game on display? Any chance any pinsiders will be going by to take some more photos? Would love to see the playfield in more detail/head on.

Looks like another solid game from AP, certainly looks different from the photo we have, both Houdini and Octoberfest where great games physically but like this theme is the reason I probably wouldn’t buy for my home.

I do hope AP see massive sales/success with this release!

#812 4 years ago

I’ll have to check out other pictures as they become available, but it looks really really nice. Much better than expected, but I do wish they would have done away with the odd shaped head. However, AP may see that as a “signature look”.

#813 4 years ago

I'm really rooting for API, but I really can't get into this theme. Hopefully the gameplay is good.

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

He's already bent out of shape over the off-center LCD and bothered by the dinosaurs and snakes, despite those being common themes on Hot Wheels toy sets.

Where’s the damn Sharks!!

0CCAA40F-1E19-496D-86ED-B4ED8B3E86EF (resized).jpeg0CCAA40F-1E19-496D-86ED-B4ED8B3E86EF (resized).jpeg17EB3E46-2DC2-4E4A-8412-959FC0AB552B (resized).jpeg17EB3E46-2DC2-4E4A-8412-959FC0AB552B (resized).jpeg3DB6278D-3CAC-4CA8-8BA6-A62CBE20FA24 (resized).jpeg3DB6278D-3CAC-4CA8-8BA6-A62CBE20FA24 (resized).jpeg
#815 4 years ago

Looks like some inspiration from High Speed on the slingshot plastics and lower playfield inserts.

#816 4 years ago

I had me doubts but looks impressive. Nice, AP! Looking forward to more details.

#817 4 years ago

Actually looking forward to play this one - it could end up being a lot of fun.

Didn't like playing Houdini or Octoberfest so let's see.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I'm really rooting for API, but I really can't get into this theme. Hopefully the gameplay is good.

I have no great love for API and I can say with no reservation it is a very fun shooting game and cool rule set.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

I have no great love for API and I can say with no reservation it is a very fun shooting game and cool rule set.

Played it already?

#820 4 years ago

This really looks cool..like the art, the colored ramps, looks like an inverted vuk, nice fan layout, lots of shots...can't wait to see more.

Really like the sideart where the ramp goes into the back box

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
#821 4 years ago

Someone has to have a better shot of the PF.... Camaaaan!!

#822 4 years ago

Hot Wheels and a snake on the backglass, I better not let my kids see that. They'll be begging for one non-stop.

#823 4 years ago

Skinny shots again!!!

#824 4 years ago

They could have made this looks gorgeous if they had gone with a more retro color pallette and used the old school Redline original car designs, but they went new + cheesy with it... idk why I'd expect anything else from the company that chose to go with the uncanny-valley art of Oktoberfest but still a little disappointing for me as I'm a fan of AP's games and a Hot Wheels collector. Not horrible by any means but just not as good as I was hoping for, art wise. Hope it plays awesome though.

#825 4 years ago

Lookin good American Pinball !

Congratulations on your third game !

LTG : )

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

They could have made this looks gorgeous if they had gone with a more retro color pallette and used the old school Redline original car designs, but they went new + cheesy with it... idk why I'd expect anything else from the company that chose to go with the uncanny-valley art of Oktoberfest but still a little disappointing for me as I'm a fan of AP's games and a Hot Wheels collector. Not horrible by any means but just not as good as I was hoping for, art wise. Hope it plays awesome though.

I'm sure the art direction is more of Mattel's decision than AP's. Mattel wants to sell Hot Wheels that look like their current products.

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Maybe Hot Wheels would only approve a similar art style they currently use. People assume pin manufactures have free reign to do what they want when it's probably the opposite.

#828 4 years ago

Reminds me of cross between Ironman and Mustang.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Skinny shots again!!!

Really hope playfield designer hasn't made shots stupidly tight like Houdini.

Needs to be fast and flowing.

#830 4 years ago

Looks inoffensive. That’s a step forward.

...and no, I’m not talking about Monkeygate...Oktoberfest was just an embarrassingly horrific “art” package.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Played it already?

He used to work there so I'm pretty sure he's had the chance to flip it a time or twenty.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oktoberfest was just an embarrassingly horrific “art” package.

Fun as fuck to play, though.

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

He used to work there so I'm pretty sure he's had the chance to flip it a time or twenty.

Ah.

#834 4 years ago

preorder?

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Totally agree. The Hot Wheels logo is pretty godawful but the game looks really good!

Don’t tell Aurich! The “H” looks off. Lol.

#836 4 years ago

Looks pretty darn cool and I like the appearance of the apron. Has stern stopped including those fugly yellow pricing cards with their games?

If I can enjoy the hell outta a game and theme such as No Fear, then I have zero issues with a Hot Wheels license.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Ouch Dan. Hope you landed ok!

#838 4 years ago
IMG_4612 (resized).jpgIMG_4612 (resized).jpgIMG_4613 (resized).jpgIMG_4613 (resized).jpgIMG_4614 (resized).jpgIMG_4614 (resized).jpg
#839 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Congrats, the art doesn't immediately look like shit!

Houdini's cabinet and backglass art package was pretty well done. Oktoberfest not so much. The test will be the in-game art and animations. Very interested in seeing that in action.

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ouch Dan. Hope you landed ok!

Sure did and Thanks!

#841 4 years ago

We are taking names on our Hot Wheels buyer list if anyone is interested. More details to follow.

Flip N Out Pinball
[email protected]

#842 4 years ago

Looks like fun to me. Y'all quit complaining.

#843 4 years ago

If it has persistent data and collectibles it should be awesome. It looks great they really captured hot wheels I didn't think this license would be worth the money but I stand corrected.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We are taking names on our Hot Wheels buyer list if anyone is interested. More details to follow.
Flip N Out Pinball
[email protected]

Jesus...getting to be almost like an ambulance chaser.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Flip N Out Pinball
[email protected]

Price Zach what’s the price man, people need that info..

#846 4 years ago

The colored ramps are a nice touch. They nailed the theme. I wasn't really that interested but this looks really fun and draws you in with the playfield visuals. Hopefully the rules are good as well. They should sell quite a few of these.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Layout looks like it should shoot fast and smooth, kickback left of the right ramp entrance and drop target to the inverted loop being the only slow down shots.

#848 4 years ago

Interesting it has a center post. What was the last game that shipped standard with one?

edit nevermind. Oktoberfest and Houdini had one

#849 4 years ago

looks very 1/2 inverse ironman
1/2/ full throttle

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Flip N Out Pinball
[email protected]

Hot Wheels is trending up!

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/17?hl=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.