capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.
#751 4 years ago

Was Fast and the Furious ever in serious consideration? I think it'd make a solid theme, but I know the licensing for all the major stars and different vehicle makes and brands would be prohibitively expensive.

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Screen grab. That’s pretty much it.[quoted image]

Well at least this teaser image is a huge step up from the last one that looked to be made by an intern. Probably official Hot Wheels art if I had to guess.

I'm really curious what the game will look like. Besides doing the obvious of making ramps orange, I have no idea what the art will look like. Official Hot Wheels aren't isn't that amazing either.

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Was Fast and the Furious ever in serious consideration? I think it'd make a solid theme, but I know the licensing for all the major stars and different vehicle makes and brands would be prohibitively expensive.

Stern tried to make it, but either the car manufacturers or the movie studio made it impossible apparently. The game was turned into Mustang if the rumors are true.

#754 4 years ago
780F9E76-FBB3-4913-A2F7-264E8D0A55BC (resized).jpeg780F9E76-FBB3-4913-A2F7-264E8D0A55BC (resized).jpeg
#755 4 years ago

edit: oops

#756 4 years ago

The title screen just leaked.

hot-wheels-attract-mode (resized).jpghot-wheels-attract-mode (resized).jpg
#757 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea what became of Fast and Furious.
Ford was involved with Mustang from it's development. It was reported here on Pinside.
I don't recall anything about Fast and Furious becoming Mustang.
LTG : )

Trudeau mentioned in an interview that Mustang started as Fast and the Furious. Not sure at what point in the development it pivoted to Mustang.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Stern tried to make it, but either the car manufacturers or the movie studio made it impossible apparently. The game was turned into Mustang if the rumors are true.

Vin Diesel is a huge gamer and geek, he also has more control over the franchise now than ever before, he’s branched the series out recently into a new video (looks shit though) a Netflix CG animated series which isn’t too bad my son watches it and he actually provides his voice and likeness for it. I’d be amazed if he wouldn’t be interested in having a F&F pin.

#759 4 years ago

I’m looking forward to seeing/playing it. The only Mattel license for a pin I’m interested in is He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

#760 4 years ago

Ugh, I was really hoping it was BTTF

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Trudeau mentioned in an interview that Mustang started as Fast and the Furious. Not sure at what point in the development it pivoted to Mustang.

So there is a chance AP will change the theme to Halo before texas!

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

So there is a chance AP will change the theme to Halo before texas!

Halo would probebly be a really nice theme.
Some fairly cool movies, beside the game and The odst trailer is one of the coolest ever.

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The title screen just leaked.[quoted image]

I see they stepped up their graphics this time around.

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I see they stepped up their graphics this time around.

Wait until you see it in motion. It puts 1994 flash animation to shame.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The title screen just leaked.[quoted image]

At least it's a german car!!! XD

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Vin Diesel is a huge gamer and geek, he also has more control over the franchise now than ever before, he’s branched the series out recently into a new video (looks shit though) a Netflix CG animated series which isn’t too bad my son watches it and he actually provides his voice and likeness for it. I’d be amazed if he wouldn’t be interested in having a F&F pin.

The problem is licensing, if Stern couldn't get the license for an 80s Ford Explorer for JP how do we expect F&F to have any of the cars that make the movies even remotely watchable?

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The problem is licensing, if Stern couldn't get the license for an 80s Ford Explorer for JP how do we expect F&F to have any of the cars that make the movies even remotely watchable?

It isn't that Stern could not get the license...they didn't want to pay for it. Huge difference. GMC (Gomez Motor Co.) is essentially free to the company, because they are already paying Gomez a salary. That is how these Profit Pumping Pimps™ operate businesses like Stern these days.

#768 4 years ago

Apparently there is a Hot Wheels on site at the AMOA show in New Orleans this week. A friend saw it yesterday when he was setting up and said he would send me pics of it today.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It isn't that Stern could not get the license...they didn't want to pay for it. Huge difference. GMC (Gomez Motor Co.) is essentially free to the company, because they are already paying Gomez a salary. That is how these Profit Pumping Pimps™ operate businesses like Stern these days.

Well of course it could be attained but if the price was too high on that license for Stern I think it stands to reason that AP getting licenses for 4 or 5 cars from the F&F franchise or even a single movie is going to be cost prohibitive for them too.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Apparently there is a Hot Wheels on site at the AMOA show in New Orleans this week. A friend saw it yesterday when he was setting up and said he would send me pics of it today.

Cool. I hope it's a nice game.

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Hot Wheels Pinball? Or this...

HW (resized).pngHW (resized).png
#772 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Make sure he has a phone with a good camera and takes them from far away (at least at first) in case the API guys don't want him taking them.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Make sure he has a phone with a good camera and takes them from far away (at least at first) in case the API guys don't want him taking them.

And make sure you get shaky video of someone making zero shots while double chimp flipping nonstop, so we can all say the game shoots like shit and has tight shots.

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hot Wheels Pinball? Or this...[quoted image]

I would hope it's the actual pinball machine. He is an operator that has lots of pins on location and he mentioned it without any prompting from me, but I guess we'll see.

#775 4 years ago

I really doubt it’s there. Probably is the arcade game.

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well of course it could be attained but if the price was too high on that license for Stern I think it stands to reason that AP getting licenses for 4 or 5 cars from the F&F franchise or even a single movie is going to be cost prohibitive for them too.

If Forza can get the licensing for 2 dozen cars from Fast and Furious for a £10 dlc pack then it surely can’t be too expensive.

It will be the actors and video/audio that will cost the pretty pennies, but you could edit a pin down to just include the must haves so Vin Diesel, Paul Walker being the big two, Tyrese, Ludacris, Michelle Rodriguez should all be a lot cheaper.

The Rock most likely would cost you the biggest, but with current NIB prices I think it’s a BS excuse that a license is too expensive, beatles has been done now and a pin with The Rock on would rack it in on location!

#777 4 years ago

FB_IMG_1583853343602 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1583853343602 (resized).jpg
#778 4 years ago
9C257B74-C074-4620-8CF0-653A8B2A5E40 (resized).jpeg9C257B74-C074-4620-8CF0-653A8B2A5E40 (resized).jpeg
#779 4 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

[quoted image]

Hot damn that looks better than I ever would expect it!

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

[quoted image]

The display is smaller (maybe not, hard to tell for sure) and moved off-center which is kinda weird but may help from an backglass art perspective. Also looks like they went back to the Houdini-style backbox. I'm sure we'll be getting some more pics of the actual game soon.

#781 4 years ago

Looks like he might have been right. Can't wait to see what he sends over.

#782 4 years ago

I like the art any better pics of the playfield.

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Hot damn that looks better than I ever would expect it!

Totally agree. The Hot Wheels logo is pretty godawful but the game looks really good!

#784 4 years ago

Congrats, the art doesn't immediately look like shit!

#785 4 years ago

im 5 again

#786 4 years ago

I could see this being popular at FEC's, pediatrician's offices, pizza places, and other "family friendly" locations.

Assuming the voicing/music isn't completely kiddy/juvenile, and more in line with say, No Fear, I could see this being appealing to adults as well. I'm sure a bunch of well off dads will enjoy this with their sons, and hopefully, daughters as well.

Good luck to the folks over at AP!

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The display is smaller (maybe not, hard to tell for sure) and moved off-center which is kinda weird but may help from an backglass art perspective. Also looks like they went back to the Houdini-style backbox. I'm sure we'll be getting some more pics of the actual game soon.

Display looks about the same size as houdini, just off-center, as you mentioned

#788 4 years ago

Nah...just a kiddee game/theme... horrible idea....LOL!

I have no idea how it plays, but the 1st impression is well, impressive!

#789 4 years ago

Looks pretty juvenile to me..easy pass on this one.

#790 4 years ago

Looks nice. I hope it sells well and does good on location. Looks very promising

#791 4 years ago

Looks cool to me!!! Don't understand all the theme bashing on this one.

#792 4 years ago

Random dinosaur! Looks pretty damn good though. First AP game I wouldn't be embarrassed to have in my home.

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks pretty juvenile to me..easy pass on this one.

So do you consider Star Wars juvenile since your avatar is Darth Vader?

#794 4 years ago

Can't wait to read 15 more pages of well thought out opinions based on a couple bad pictures. So exhilarating.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So do you consider Star Wars juvenile since your avatar is Darth Vader?

I know many older adults that are into SW but can’t say the same about Hot Wheels, that ship sailed a long time ago. Disney doesn’t seem to think it’s juvenile do they?

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

… First AP game I wouldn't be embarrassed to have in my home.

Seriously?!

#797 4 years ago

I see a few ramps, some spinners, what looks like a standup bank, and a ton of inserts. Very interested in seeing the upside down ramp in action. (Probably a vuk that shoots the ball onto a ramp return?). Art definitely better than I thought it'd be, but nothing special.

Looks like a few tight shots, but not too bad. I think I see a Yagov kicker like device next to the ramp

#798 4 years ago

My initial reaction to those pics was surprisingly positive. I look forward to seeing more.

#799 4 years ago

New pinball is always fun to play it for the first few times. I hope the games plays great. I do think that this will be the best selling AP game yet, but that isn't a super high bar.

#800 4 years ago

Look at this way, mods are just 99 cents at your local Walmart!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/16?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.