capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

This theme was just all wrong for a 2nd machine. That being said, it a great game, just not for a location. To get through all the different themes and choices, someone would have to pump 20 to 30 bucks in it on location and that just wasn't going to happen. If I had the spending cash and more room, I would own an Oktoberfest in my collection.
I sincerely hope that Hot Wheels is an amazing game with simplified rules that will appeal to operators AND home buyers. I can tell you for a fact that the powers that be at A.P. visited a few of their distributors and operators a few months back and asked for suggestions and ideas.

Goonies. Coco. World of warcraft. Help out continue production of alien and/or big lebowski.....
Almost everything is better then toy car for small kids...
What Will their next title be?
The exciting adventure of collecting stamps?

Ed:
Houdini Actually isnt to bad and I really like the design/art. The shots however......

#602 4 years ago

I don't think Spooky would showcase another game just yet?

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Almost everything is better then toy car for small kids...

So far off base, Hot Wheels is a huge collectible in the adult world today.

"Through the years, Hot Wheels cars have been collected mostly by children, but since the late 1990s, there has been an increase in the number of adult collectors. Mattel estimates that 41 million children grew up playing with the toys, the average collector has over 1,550 cars, and children between the ages of 5 and 15 have an average of 41 cars. Most believe the collecting craze started with the Treasure Hunts in 1995. Mike Strauss has been called the father of Hot Wheels collecting; he has organized two collectors' events each year in some form since 1986. The first event was the Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Convention, normally held each year in the fall. The convention occurred in various locations around the country until 2001, when the first Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals was put together. Since then, the Conventions are held each year in southern California. The Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals rotate among cities outside of California during the spring. Strauss has also published the quarterly Hot Wheels Newsletter since 1986 and was one of the first to unite collectors all over the world. He also writes the Tomart's Price Guide To Hot Wheels, a book listing history, car descriptions and values, which is used by almost every collector to learn more about the hobby and their collection. Strauss sold his collection in 2011 and retired from the Hot Wheels Newsletter.

There are hundreds, perhaps even thousands, of web pages dedicated to Hot Wheels collecting. Collectors are seeking everything related to Hot Wheels, from only new castings to only Red Lines and everything in between."

Only the narrow minded believe Hot Wheels belongs just to to "kiddies".

#604 4 years ago

If Stern were making Hot Wheels, LE's would sell out in seconds.

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

So far off base, Hot Wheels is a huge collectible in the adult world today.
"Through the years, Hot Wheels cars have been collected mostly by children, but since the late 1990s, there has been an increase in the number of adult collectors. Mattel estimates that 41 million children grew up playing with the toys, the average collector has over 1,550 cars, and children between the ages of 5 and 15 have an average of 41 cars. Most believe the collecting craze started with the Treasure Hunts in 1995. Mike Strauss has been called the father of Hot Wheels collecting; he has organized two collectors' events each year in some form since 1986. The first event was the Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Convention, normally held each year in the fall. The convention occurred in various locations around the country until 2001, when the first Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals was put together. Since then, the Conventions are held each year in southern California. The Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals rotate among cities outside of California during the spring. Strauss has also published the quarterly Hot Wheels Newsletter since 1986 and was one of the first to unite collectors all over the world. He also writes the Tomart's Price Guide To Hot Wheels, a book listing history, car descriptions and values, which is used by almost every collector to learn more about the hobby and their collection. Strauss sold his collection in 2011 and retired from the Hot Wheels Newsletter.
There are hundreds, perhaps even thousands, of web pages dedicated to Hot Wheels collecting. Collectors are seeking everything related to Hot Wheels, from only new castings to only Red Lines and everything in between."

So is stamps, your point?

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Stern can sell a low quality top of a vaccumcleaner for 750$.
Stern is pinball version of Apple. They have a lojal sect buying any shite they put thru the door.

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Worst. Theme. Ever.

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

At TPF I'm expecting:
AP - Hot Wheels reveal / announcement
JJP - Guns N' Roses reveal / announcement
Multimorphic, Inc - reveal / announcement
Spooky / Ben Heck / CGC - reveal / announcement
Stern - Heavy Metal reveal / announcement
Stern - Corner stone game reveal / announcement

And Deeproot

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I'm sure there are tens of grown men who collect little metal cars.
Unfortunately, I fear the majority are 'narrow minded' then.
Hot Wheels is NOT a great theme for pinball, but if it's a fun game, I might get one.

Okay, back to my Magic the Gathering card collection....

#610 4 years ago

Hmm...people who spend several thousand dollars on expensive toys and who complain endlessly about the most trivial of things with them making fun of other people’s hobbies and calling them childish...

7E107E89-7161-47F0-A0FE-FA4DF281B72B (resized).jpeg7E107E89-7161-47F0-A0FE-FA4DF281B72B (resized).jpeg
#611 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Hmm...people who spend several thousand dollars on expensive toys and who complain endlessly about the most trivial of things with them making fun of other people’s hobbies and calling them childish...[quoted image]

Probably intentional. Maybe?
I'd really like to see AP sell a sh*tload of games and if they're going with Hot Wheels, they're making it more difficult.
Maybe it's a movie license....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So is stamps, your point?

Did you have great memories of playing with stamps as a kid? Or was it post office you played?

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

At TPF I'm expecting:
AP - Hot Wheels reveal / announcement
JJP - Guns N' Roses reveal / announcement
Multimorphic, Inc - reveal / announcement
Spooky / Ben Heck / CGC - reveal / announcement
Stern - Heavy Metal reveal / announcement
Stern - Corner stone game reveal / announcement

I would change that to CGC announcement on their next remake. Pretty sure they would want to get that out before launching the other. Also wouldn’t seam right for spooky to announce another game with so many people waiting on R&M. And you forgot Deeproot.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Maybe it's a movie license....[quoted image]

colder...

#616 4 years ago

I posted about that a week or so ago. The small version, not the $400 model, is still around. I think so anyway!

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I would change that to CGC announcement on their next remake. Pretty sure they would want to get that out before launching the other. Also wouldn’t seam right for spooky to announce another game with so many people waiting on R&M. And you forgot Deeproot.

Maybe CGC partnership can be leveraged to accelerate the R&M builds? That'd make a lot of people happy and free up Spooky.

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm sure there are tens of grown men who collect little metal cars.

Correct version: I'm sure there are tens of thousands of grown men who collect little metal cars. This is reality whether you like it or not.

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Correct version: I'm sure there are tens of thousands of grown men who collect little metal cars. This is reality whether you like it or not.

If that’s the case then the 200 of them that buy the latest AP pin can have a grand old time with it. I hope it turns out well. AP finding success would only be good for the industry.

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

If that’s the case then the 200 of them that buy the latest AP pin can have a grand old time with it. I hope it turns out well. AP finding success would only be good for the industry.

Well, like you, pinball is made up of a slew of dorks. LOL

And you have no idea what pinball people will love, especially based on the Bricks mania.

#621 4 years ago

I'm thinking if this theme were going to make it big, there would be more positive hype on this forum.

I'm not doubting many "older" guys collect Hot Wheels, what I'm hesitant to say is that those that do, and are not on this forum/thread are going to spend 7k on one.

If it turns out to be Hot Wheels, then I hope I'm wrong on all accounts. We need AP to keep everyone honest.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm thinking if this theme were going to make it big, there would be more positive hype on this forum.

Sorry but thats not really the Pinside way. lol Tear it down, speculate, condemn it before release Then play it and its all good again.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry but thats not really the Pinside way. lol Tear it down, speculate, condemn it before release Then play it and its all good again.

Hahaha! You are correct sir!

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And condemn it again, even if you enjoyed playing it!

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I disagree.
If a great theme is coming up, there is great hype on pinside.
The examples are many.

The only one here saying it's great argue it's because some old people collect them, but stamps wouldnt work, cause apperently no children collect them.

I've only been on pinside for two years, but i've never seen any title with less hype octoberfest included.

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Yea, im sure you are right, there are atleast ten thousand kiddiexar collectors that never ever visited pinside, just waiting to throw 8000 on a kiddiecar pinball machine.

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I disagree.
The examples are many.
The only one here saying it's great argue it's because some old people collect them, but stamps wouldnt work, cause apperently no children collect them.
I've only been on pinside for two years, but i've never seen any title with less hype octoberfest included.

Guess you haven’t visited the Funny Puny pin thread then. Lol.

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Guess you haven’t visited the Funny Puny pin thread then. Lol.

Shit

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Yea, im sure you are right, there are atleast ten thousand kiddiexar collectors that never ever visited pinside, just waiting to throw 8000 on a kiddiecar pinball machine.

Take the blinders off, will ya? Why does someone have to be a Hot Wheels collector to buy a pinball machine?

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I disagree.
The examples are many.

And I am a firm believer that if Stern had announced a Hot Wheels pinball there would be pinball collectors high fiving, bragging and tripping over themselves for it.

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Hmm...people who spend several thousand dollars on expensive toys and who complain endlessly about the most trivial of things with them making fun of other people’s hobbies and calling them childish...[quoted image]

You nailed it man! A pinball machine is just an overpriced toy for all of us grown men. Hot Wheels is kiddie shit, but Toy Story and Muppets are not? Give me a break.

All the whiners can only hope for a Barbie Machine.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You nailed it man! A pinball machine is just an overpriced toy for all of us grown men. Hot Wheels is kiddie shit, but Toy Story and Muppets are not? Give me a break.
All the whiners can only hope for a Barbie Machine.

Yeah not sure how any theme would be judged without actually seeing (or confirming) a game. To me its all about how they execute it. There have been Way better licenses that were horrible based on how they executed the assets. I believe AP could do some fun things with this and wish them the best. You don't have to be a specific toy collector or band groupie to enjoy a well done pinball machine. Guess we will see how they do on this.

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Guess we will see how they do on this.

Soon. I hope the game is a lot of fun !

LTG : )

#634 4 years ago

will people be more receptive if it has 360 degree looped wireforms, a banked turn for the orbit, and a ball accelerating supercharger?

hotwheels (resized).jpghotwheels (resized).jpg
#635 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

will people be more receptive if it has 360 degree looped wireforms, a banked turn for the orbit, and a ball accelerating supercharger?

No idea what the plan is.

The roller coaster on Oktoberfest was well done.

Disclaimer : Maybe instead of using balls, you'll be batting hot wheel cars around ?

#636 4 years ago

Captive Hot Wheel cars, similair to Bart skate board in TSPP.

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

will people be more receptive if it has 360 degree looped wireforms, a banked turn for the orbit, and a ball accelerating supercharger?[quoted image]

NASCAR's supercharger implementation sucked. Don't do that again.

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

will people be more receptive if it has 360 degree looped wireforms, a banked turn for the orbit, and a ball accelerating supercharger?[quoted image]

At the very least a jump ramp would be a nice go to but from my understanding not happening. A jump ramp, hyper type loop, and some type of backbox car mech (like CV) would have been interesting and unique.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

A pinball machine is just an overpriced toy for all of us grown men.

These are super fun, overpriced, coin operated toys too.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#640 4 years ago

Hot Shots??

C58ADEC9-11CF-493C-AC31-6A07A3C0EB32 (resized).jpegC58ADEC9-11CF-493C-AC31-6A07A3C0EB32 (resized).jpeg
#641 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

These are super fun, overpriced, coin operated toys too.[quoted image]

Reminds me of a funny vending machine video I saw this week:

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

These are super fun, overpriced, coin operated toys too.[quoted image]

I am so sorry you do not know the difference between a vending machine and an amusement device. But hey, to each his own I guess.

Knock yourself out with this one.

tampon (resized).jpgtampon (resized).jpg
#643 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am so sorry you do not know the difference between a vending machine and an amusement device. But hey, to each his own I guess.

They are both coin operated commercial grade equipment as far as I am concerned. Unless of course your collection is comprised of Zizzle machines.

A roller coaster is also an amusement device, but funny how I never considered it to be a toy either.

#644 4 years ago

I just don't get the defensiveness of some when a pinball machine is called an expensive toy. What is the issue? Is it offensive?

You play a game on a pinball machine. It has off the shelf TOYS on the playfield. Some add extra TOYS/figurines to their playfields. Some put TOYS on top of their machines. But god forbid you call the actual pinball machine a TOY?

You don't play games with a candy machine or a pop machine. You certainly don't play games with a roller coaster(unless maybe you were Michael Jackson and had your own Neverland).

Whatever. Screw this, I am going to play some Apollo 13, it's one of my big fucking toys! Let's go, who has a buck to lose?

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You don't play games with a candy machine or a pop machine. You certainly don't play games with a roller coaster

When we play checkers or chess, or even hungry hungry hippos, they are also games, but I never remember anybody calling them toys either.

I know the old saying "he who dies with the most toys wins", but I don't see it that way either. He who dies is just dead.

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He who dies is just dead.

Unless he died playing Hungry Hungry Hippos. Then he's a rock star.

#647 4 years ago

Hey Lloyd, how long have you been calling your coin op machines toys?

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They are both coin operated commercial grade equipment as far as I am concerned. Unless of course your collection is comprised of Zizzle machines.
A roller coaster is also an amusement device, but funny how I never considered it to be a toy either.

If it's not out on location earning money. That pinball machine is a expensive toy.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If it's not out on location earning money. That pinball machine is a expensive toy.

I see what you did there, repurposing the women theorem.

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey Lloyd, how long have you been calling your coin op machines toys?

From my perspective. Never.

They are a thing, used to generate income. I can't be passionate about them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/13?hl=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.