capt_nemo (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.30.32 PM (resized).png
20200311_152808 (resized).jpg
2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
2000000000850341 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.
#501 4 years ago

Gotta be better then WWE

#502 4 years ago

Word is the Johnny Lightning license is coming much cheaper.

Still think this ad is pretty bogus.

Al_Unser_Winner_Of_The_1970_Indy_500_Says%3A_Boys%2C_Which_Are_Faster_%E2%80%95_The_New_Johnny_Lightning_500s_or_The_Sizzlers%3FAl_Unser_Winner_Of_The_1970_Indy_500_Says%3A_Boys%2C_Which_Are_Faster_%E2%80%95_The_New_Johnny_Lightning_500s_or_The_Sizzlers%3F
#503 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its not enough for it to simply be a 'thing' - you need the overlap between those that want said thing, and be willing to spend 6-10k on a pinball machine. You also have to look at how much they cross over their passion into other types of product.
I don't see a ton of hot wheels jackets/tees walking around town...

But i mean, do you wear Stranger Things or Rick and Morty tees around town? Not sure that equates to pinball theme relevance

#504 4 years ago

I never wear tees, but I do wear pinball baseball caps.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its not enough for it to simply be a 'thing' - you need the overlap between those that want said thing, and be willing to spend 6-10k on a pinball machine. You also have to look at how much they cross over their passion into other types of product.
I don't see a ton of hot wheels jackets/tees walking around town...

But i mean, do you wear Stranger Things or Rick and Morty tees around town? Not sure that equates to pinball theme relevance

Quoted from Hazoff:

Well u should be.
Wheres The Road Warrior and Dune and Blade Runner, The Running Man. A new great Terminator pin based only on the first film, Robocop, Predator and Alien for fuck sake. I mean there's themes from our yute that aren't about kids and adventures at sea and new TV shows about kids at sea, whatever. Insult them, every chance u get.

That's what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm screwed up, or maybe I just had too many friends with older siblings but by the time we were 7 or 8 we were exclusively trying to see the most violent r rated action/horror movies we could find.
So when I hear about people in their 40's talking about Goonies and Wonka I'm a bit confused.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

So when I hear about people in their 40's talking about Goonies and Wonka I'm a bit confused.

I agree with that 100%.

Funny so much hate for Oktoberfest, and it is all beer related that most of us enjoy as adults.

#507 4 years ago

If this is indeed true, then I hope they have ramps you can actually still make after a few hours of play.

On a friend's OF the right flipper got so hot it was impossible to hit that huge left ramp. Basically ruined the game.

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from akm:

If this is indeed true, then I hope they have ramps you can actually still make after a few hours of play.
On a friend's OF the right flipper got so hot it was impossible to hit that huge left ramp. Basically ruined the game.

They just came out with a fix for that so no more complaining about the barrel shot, tell your friend.

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

That's what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm screwed up, or maybe I just had too many friends with older siblings but by the time we were 7 or 8 we were exclusively trying to see the most violent r rated action/horror movies we could find.

I’ve seen quite a few people who appear to be in their 40’s or older wearing Goonies shirts and I’d be willing to bet most don’t own a single pinball or arcade machine. It’s a movie with a bit of a following, could be a really smart theme to build.

#510 4 years ago

I see Rick & Morty apparel worn all the time, by several demographics.

Stranger Things I only see on young teens.

Hot Wheels,,, maybe I just haven't noticed?

#511 4 years ago

And how many Elvira (or Munsters) shirts have you seen lately...?

No one was saying Elvira was a bad theme.
I don't think t-shirts are a great pinball-theme indicator.

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

But they are bad themes when it comes to generating new players. Kids these days have no clue about the Munsters or Elvira. I think the point about the T-shirts is about showing relevance. Elvira and Munsters are not relevant nor have they been for years now.

Elvira is a great theme for pinheads because of the great history between Elvira and Pinball. Munsters is completely demographic. Lots of older guys that loved the show are buying pinball machines.

But when it comes to relevant themes that will bring new people in, and bring quarters to operators Stranger Things and Rick and Morty are great themes.

#513 4 years ago

My point was that Hot Wheels could still be a good pinball theme (like Munsters), even though kids aren't wearing Hot Wheels shirts.

I'm not sure that "generating new players" is what boutique-level manufacturers are very concerned about, as most of AP's business is the home market.

#514 4 years ago

I think if AP's next game bombs they should probably just make t-shirts from now on.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Yes you do... and their kids too.

#516 4 years ago

I'm open to any pin/theme if it's a fun game. Hell, I even bought an IMDN and I don't like the band at all.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The comment was more about how someone boasts about their interests...

When you have a hobby subject matter that you think people are going to buy big "trophies" for their home -because- of the theme... it's likely going to be a subject matter that person is not shy about.

When you say "that guy is a big Star Wars fan..." or "a big Harley fan..."... "a big Yankees fan..." -- and are the memorabilia types, or the type to have things to show off... most will show that brand loyalty in their daily wear too.

It's not just fans of something that matter... it's having fans that want to show their engagement to the point of buying 6k furniture

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I am 48 and I love the fucking Goonies! Pretty straight forward, not confusing at all. As for Willy Wonka, try watching it just for the brilliant performance by Gene Wilder. Oh no....stop....please.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve seen quite a few people who appear to be in their 40’s or older wearing Goonies shirts

" I don't care what you do, I wouldn't want to be like you..."
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am 48 and I love the fucking Goonies! Pretty straight forward, not confusing at all. As for Willy Wonka, try watching it just for the brilliant performance by Gene Wilder. Oh no....stop....please.

I agree on both points.

Maybe if Goonies were before/after your childhood I get it but that was a huge part of 80’s pop culture on so many fronts.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe if Goonies were before/after your childhood I get it but that was a huge part of 80’s pop culture on so many fronts.

Yes, I was a grown up when that came out, but for some reason I don't go clamoring or wearing memorabillia from movies from the 1970s that were so much better than that. And nobody else I know does either.

I guess that's what it means to actually grow up.

Like the 70s, the 1980s are long over. History.

To put it in perspective, where's my Escape From Witch Mountain pinball machine?

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I was a grown up when that came out, but for some reason I don't go clamoring or wearing memorabillia from movies from the 1970s that were so much better than that. And nobody else I know does either.
To put it in perspective, where's my Escape From Witch Mountain pinball machine?

I guess I’m not a judgemental person.

Ive been at many social gatherings bbq’s,pool parties etc...where people from Dr’s, lawyers, business folks, cops, pilots etc... basically all walks of life wearing Star Wars t’s, rock bands from 60-present, name your marvel movie I could go on and on.

Pretty normal shit in my opinion for people in the 35-60 age range out here on the east coast.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Come on....don't tell me you don't have a CONVOY tee somewhere.

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty normal shit in my opinion for people in the 35-60 age range out here on the east coast.

Yes, I guess out on the left coast, people tend to move on a little faster and live in the now a bit more. I don't see much if any 80s memorabillia at all. That's a decade a lot of us would rather forget. Myself included.

To be fair, in the 90s, I had a slight bit of nostalgia for the 70s with posters and a lavalamp. Probably a faze a lot of people went thru, then grew out of.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

No, but I did find a CB radio when I was cleaning out a box of junk that probably should have been thrown out years ago.

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I bet he enjoys playing with his rubber duck!

#527 4 years ago

lol.

Funny, that movie keeps popping up on some off channel, but my fingers keep refusing to press the button on the remote to record it.

#528 4 years ago

https://www.mattelcreations.com/?icid=home_body-1_aspot_mattel-creations_p1#shop

Cybertruck_product_1-10_sold_out (resized).pngCybertruck_product_1-10_sold_out (resized).pngCybertruck_product_1-64 (resized).jpgCybertruck_product_1-64 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#529 4 years ago

Check out this advertisement American Pinball placed in a magazine called replay.

Are you ready to get HOT? As in what Hot Wheels?

What do you guys think?
Replay HW ad (resized).jpgReplay HW ad (resized).jpg

#530 4 years ago

Texas reveal?

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Check out this advertisement American Pinball placed in a magazine called replay.
What do you guys think?
[quoted image]

I was told that game 3 will be ready for TPF with games available to play and possibly for sale as well. All subject to everything being completed and all parts from suppliers being done.

#532 4 years ago

Fireball 3 Return to Wotan

#533 4 years ago

Here some other possibilities

Some like it hot Pinball

Hot Fuzz

Hot Stuff

Hot Shots

Could even be a Billy Idol Pinball “Hot in the City”

Or could just be Hot Wheels.

LOL

Personally I can’t wait to see it!

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Some like it hot Pinball
Hot Fuzz
Hot Stuff
Hot Shots
LOL

Just so it's not.....Backdraft 2!

#536 4 years ago

I can see them having some games for sale at TPF...because we all know they have not exactly been building/selling many Oktoberfests.

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

What do you guys think?
[quoted image]

Sorry to say, i get a terrible wibe.

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Sorry to say, i get a terrible wibe.

Yeah, I didn't want to be a nay sayer, but that ad (to me) is a terrible waste of money. It doesn't make me excited or eager, just sort of,,,,

I was trying to think of what else it could have been, but other than Diablo, I came up with nuttin'.

I hope they have a solid hit, whatever it turns out to be.

#539 4 years ago

Could be a less packed playfield compared to the prior two games...

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Some like it hot Pinball
Hot Fuzz
Hot Stuff
Hot Shots
LOL

Devil's Dare 2: Double Dare!

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

What do you guys think?
[quoted image]

CORONAVIRUS: The Pinball Experience?

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I can see them having some games for sale at TPF...because we all know they have not exactly been building/selling many Oktoberfests.

Has there been any sales numbers released? I gathered it wasn’t selling great which is why I’ll be surprised if this really is Hot Wheels and not just a code name for a AAA licence, surely 3 games in now AP need a massive hit!?

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has there been any sales numbers released? I gathered it wasn’t selling great which is why I’ll be surprised if this really is Hot Wheels and not just a code name for a AAA licence, surely 3 games in now AP need a massive hit!?

They need good art/art direction most desperately of all. Hopefully this pin is the turning point for that.

And if Hot Wheels turns out to be code name for Back to the Future, all the better.

#544 4 years ago

What are the chances that this isn't actually Hot Wheels?

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They need good art/art direction most desperately of all. Hopefully this pin is the turning point for that.
And if Hot Wheels turns out to be code name for Back to the Future, all the better.

BTTF would certainly be a sales monster which at this point AP must need a hit release?

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CORONAVIRUS: The Pinball Experience?

That's just Pinside in general. Overblown hysteria that spreads quickly amongst the unwashed and turns out to be no big deal in the end.

#547 4 years ago

What if they had some cool innovation that dispensed a hot wheel if you reached a certain score instead of a free game.

You could set it to whatever score you want if too many people are hitting it.

Kids would try to win a hot wheel or have their Dad's try to win them one...

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BTTF would certainly be a sales monster which at this point AP must need a hit release?

I thought "hot wheels" was a nod to BTTF but now realize that's doubtful.

0-Movie-Poster-1024x576 (resized).jpg0-Movie-Poster-1024x576 (resized).jpg
#549 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

What do you guys think?
[quoted image]

The design of that ad is terrible.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The design of that ad is terrible.

It’s really for another unlicensed theme... don’t you see, they are doing Burning Man.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 1,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-wheels-it-is-says-kaneda/page/11?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.