Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jhanley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20180221_044051 (resized).jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Humans getting dumber and dumber. Now its the hot water challenge. "Hey Billy, mind if I dump a pot of boiling water on you? Sure Jimmy.

That is what happened to a kid whose alledged friend dumped a pot of boiling on his face while he slept. Massive 3rd degree burns picture the shadow or Freddy. Sorry no link as i was driving.
    Found it.

https://www.forbes.com/

#2 5 years ago

I always used to think I was just an average, ordinary person.

The more I hear about people doing dumb stuff I am starting to think I am the abnormal one. . .

#3 5 years ago

Kids have always made poor decisions, but it does seem like social media is making them even stupider. I'm often shocked by some of the morons my kids watch on YouTube. I hate to sound like an old man, but I truly fear for the future of today's youth.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Kids have always made poor decisions, but it does seem like social media is making them even stupider. I'm often shocked by some of the morons my kids watch on YouTube. I hate to sound like an old man, but I truly fear for the future of today's youth.

Exactly. !!!

#5 5 years ago

These kids haven't lived until they've tried the Gunshot Wound Challenge.

#6 5 years ago
    IMG_20180221_044051 (resized).jpgIMG_20180221_044051 (resized).jpg
    #7 5 years ago

Chuck, I hear they are delicious!

#8 5 years ago

And here I thought getting your mouth washed out with soap was a bad thing..,,,,,,,,

#10 5 years ago

How about that recent trend where people get out of the driver's seat of their car, and let the car roll on without them while they run or dance next to it? Good grief.

Quoted from gweempose:

I hate to sound like an old man, but I truly fear for the future of today's youth.

Monkey see, monkey do. At least in the past, antics/idiocy were limited to your own small group of friends. Now it's global

#11 5 years ago

This ranks right up there w/ the kids snorting condoms.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Humans getting dumber and dumber. Now its the hot water challenge. "Hey Billy, mind if I dump a pot of boiling water on you?

Interesting. Reminds me of one of the mobster types I worked with. When he was in high school he turned in a final project in a food class. Before it was graded the class clown ruined it. This guy got a kettle of water, brought it to a full boil. And dumped it on the kids head.

LTG : )

#13 5 years ago

How about the hot trend of running over your golfing buddy with a golf cart! Check it out on You Tube.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

How about the hot trend of running over your golfing buddy with a golf cart!

Hey now, I've run into them. Never ran one over.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

And here I thought getting your mouth washed out with soap was a bad thing..,,,,,,,,

Dove tasted terrible. Ivory wasn't to bad.

#16 5 years ago

When I was younger and wanted to participate in a questionable activity (because friends were doing it) I remember being asked "If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you jump off it too?"

Back then the answer was no. . . apparently today yes is more common, especially if someone is recording it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

How about that recent trend where people get out of the driver's seat of their car, and let the car roll on without them while they run or dance next to it? Good grief.

Monkey see, monkey do. At least in the past, antics/idiocy were limited to your own small group of friends. Now it's global

They call it Ghostriding your whip. Its not new as i remember it when i was in school. 15+ years ago. In the country farm kids would do it with there tractors because of the lack of WHIPS.

Thanks
    Blake

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I always used to think I was just an average, ordinary person.
    The more I hear about people doing dumb stuff I am starting to think I am the abnormal one. . .

That or you are gifted. It depends the way you look at it

#19 5 years ago

Idiocracy in action. Kind of scary.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

They call it Ghostriding your whip. Its not new as i remember it when i was in school. 15+ years ago. In the country farm kids would do it with there tractors because of the lack of WHIPS.
    Thanks
    Blake

Is this similar to when Billy Mitchell uses cheats to "ghost play" for him?

Thanks,
    Tom

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Thanks,
    Tom

Trolling from thread to thread, LOL. Not my style but to each there own.
    I do like how you have adopted the thanks at the end followed by your name. It feels good doesnt it.

Thanks
    Blake

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Thanks,
    Tom

Let it go. Why can't he defend Billy Mitchell? Have you ever made a mistake? I don't understand why people need to vilify all the time. We are all the same people with the same faults. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just sick of people busting each others balls over bullshit.

#23 5 years ago

It was a joke! Jeebus. Go back and read the exchange between Blake and I in that thread. It was actually a cordial exchange.

Thanks,
    Tom

Plus Balake is from VT, he's my neighbor. If you can't bust your neighbor's balls, who's can you bust?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's the drive for fame, even short-term. Fame no longer requires talent or work, simply exposure. If I do something more stupid than you do, I'll get more "likes"!! And leave any dignity at the door.

#25 5 years ago

Like lemmings running jumping off the cliff

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I remember being asked "If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you jump off it too?"

I had my first grade teacher ask me that. I replied, "Yes, if he jumped off there must be a good reason, so I'd jump too". Drove her nuts. First grade teachers like talking adult to child, not adult to adult with a kid.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Like lemmings running jumping off the cliff

101 lemmings walked into a bar.

"Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"
    "Ouch!"

#28 5 years ago

"post moderated"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thanks for the laugh,
    Tom

#29 5 years ago

When I was 14 my mom picked up a boiling pot of pasta from the stove, as she turned to strain the boiling water in the sink she bumped into me spilling the boiling water on my left arm, from elbow to wrist I was scalded. As mom and dad ran my arm under cold water it hurt so bad I thought I was gonna pass out. Over the next few weeks 2 layers of skin came off and the area stayed a nice shade of pink for a number of years till it finally looked normal again. I only had second degree burns because of quick action of my parents, I can imagine what 3rd degree burns feel like. Why couldn't it be an ice water challenge on a nice hot day.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

When I was 14 my mom picked up a boiling pot of pasta from the stove, as she turned to strain the boiling water in the sink she bumped into me spilling the boiling water on my left arm, from elbow to wrist I was scalded. As mom and dad ran my arm under cold water it hurt so bad I thought I was gonna pass out. Over the next few weeks 2 layers of skin came off and the area stayed a nice shade of pink for a number of years till it finally looked normal again. I only had second degree burns because of quick action of my parents, I can imagine what 3rd degree burns feel like. Why couldn't it be an ice water challenge on a nice hot day.

yea F that!!! Glad it healed. I'll take a bad cut or broken bone over that. Although when i broke my wrist and it dislocated that was enough to almost make you pass out. Disgusting.

Thanks
    Blake

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

yea F that!!! Glad it healed. I'll take a bad cut or broken bone over that. Although when i broke my wrist and it dislocated that was enough to almost make you pass out. Disgusting.
    Thanks
    Blake

A buddy of mine used to be a cook at a seafood restaurant. He was transferring the hot grease for the fryolator and dropped the whole thing on his legs. He still has massive scaring and had multiple skin grafts. I do not recall the details but there was a reason the restaurant was at fault. Something procedural I think. Anyway, when he was 18 he got the settlement. It was $5k. I remember him blowing his windfall. He thought he had so much money. Now I look back and think his lawyer must have really sucked.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

A buddy of mine used to be a cook at a seafood restaurant. He was transferring the hot grease for the fryolator and dropped the whole thing on his legs. He still has massive scaring and had multiple skin grafts. I do not recall the details but there was a reason the restaurant was at fault. Something procedural I think. Anyway, when he was 18 he got the settlement. It was $5k. I remember him blowing his windfall. He thought he had so much money. Now I look back and think his lawyer must have really sucked.

$5k
    My lord that is a travesty.
    Thanks
    Blake

#33 5 years ago

The world is full of idiots. This is really darwinism at its finest, eh?

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Dove tasted terrible. Ivory wasn't to bad.

It was dawn liquid dish soap for me. F*cking sh*t was horrible....and it didnt work.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

The world is full of idiots. This is really darwinism at its finest, eh?

Every time I see some fool falling to their death from some extreme height while attempting to take a selfie, I always laugh & say it's just natural selection hard at work. Takes a special level of stupidity for this kind of stuff.

I saw some toothless backcountry fool on YouTube the other day who decided it would be a great idea to vape Carolina Reaper peppers. While his lungs were on fire & he was uncontrollably coughing/choking to death, he thought he would snort a line of Carolina Reaper paste for good measure. Unbelievable. 2+ million views by the way

The guy who submerged himself in a bathtub full of hot sauce was especially mind blowing as well.

These people are just idiots looking for a little fame, and we get a great laugh by their extreme levels of idiocy. Works for me.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Idiocracy in action.

The Water. . . Its got Electrolytes.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Every time I see some fool falling to their death from some extreme height while attempting to take a selfie, I always laugh & say it's just natural selection hard at work. Takes a special level of stupidity for this kind of stuff.
    I saw some toothless backcountry fool on YouTube the other day who decided it would be a great idea to vape Carolina Reaper peppers. While his lungs were on fire & he was uncontrollably coughing/choking to death, he thought he would snort a line of Carolina Reaper paste for good measure. Unbelievable. 2+ million views by the way
    The guy who submerged himself in a bathtub full of hot sauce was especially mind blowing as well.
    These people are just idiots looking for a little fame, and we get a great laugh by their extreme levels of idiocy. Works for me.

Wow!!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Back in the 1950's my father got a pot of boiling water spilled down his back and still has nasty burn scars. I couldn't imagine what that must feel like.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

These people are just idiots looking for a little fame

Last summer there was a young couple who recorded a video they intended to upload to youtube were showing off with a gun to get more likes/views. Suffice to say, the stunt went wrong, and the guy was shot & killed. The girl took a plea deal for manslaughter with a short jail sentence and several years of probation.

It's really sad, and there was no reason for that to happen.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Funny to think at the time $5k was enough to take care of all the medical procedures + damages. $5k these days won't even cover half of my deductible.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Funny to think at the time $5k was enough to take care of all the medical procedures + damages. $5k these days won't even cover half of my deductible.

Thats for sure.

#42 5 years ago

It's not when you have the soap bar shoved in your mouth, its when you try to rinse it out.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Last summer there was a young couple who recorded a video they intended to upload to youtube were showing off with a gun to get more likes/views. Suffice to say, the stunt went wrong, and the guy was shot & killed. The girl took a plea deal for manslaughter with a short jail sentence and several years of probation.
    It's really sad, and there was no reason for that to happen.

That was the guy who tried to use a book as bullet proof vest?

#44 5 years ago

Move along Hot Water Challenge. Say hello to Dragon Breath

#45 5 years ago

Someone needs to start a "healthy eating challenge", or "getting good grades challenge", something that actually would be a challenge for today's kids..

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

Someone needs to start a "healthy eating challenge", or "getting good grades challenge", something that actually would be a challenge for today's kids..

Sadly, no one will be interested in those things.

Nothing scandalous, "entertaining," or controversial about eating your vegetables and doing your homework.

#47 5 years ago

"Yes, the CDC had to ask people not to wash or otherwise reuse condoms"

#48 5 years ago

The kids that eat the whole bag of sugar-free gummi bears are insane

#49 5 years ago

Would sell out in laundromats...

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The kids that eat the whole bag of sugar-free gummi bears are insane ...

Have you seen the reviews of that stuff on Amazon? It's honestly some of the funniest shit I've ever read on the internet ...

https://www.amazon.com/Albanese-Confectionery-Sugar-Gummy-Bears/dp/B0175LN25Q/ref=sr_1_2_a_it

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-water-challenge- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.