8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7836.JPG
hot tip schematic flippers.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeNewberry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

The flipper circuit is pretty simple. There's a big relay on the left of the driver board that pulls in and provides ground to the flippers when a game is started. There's the cabinet switches. The coils, diodes, and EoS switches on the playfield, and a fuse.

First, start with the obvious and make sure the under playfield fuse for the flippers is there, has continuity through its holder, etc. It's probably not the fuse, but it's the easiest place to begin. Since you really only tinkered with the boards, I'd move on to reseating the connector at 2J12. That's the second one from the top, on the left of the driver board. Its bottom two pins connect the flipper to ground through the big relay. If the connector isn't the issue, make sure the relay isn't loose on the board. It should definitely have its solder reflowed if it hasn't been already. Check to see if the relay engages when a game starts. It should pull closed with a click.

If that's not the issue, check the connectors in the cabinet 8J/8P and 7J/7P to ensure their firmly connected. Make sure the flipper switches are clean, not pitted, and that they're making good contact when you push them.

It'd be odd for both flipper coils, diodes, or EoS switches to go bad at once, but that'd be the next place to go if none of the above helps.

hot tip schematic flippers.pnghot tip schematic flippers.png
#5 8 years ago

I'm glad you were able to find the problem and get it going. Sorry that I didn't suggest checking that wire first. It's right there in the schematic where it says, "To Bridge Rectifier" and has only one connector pin. It didn't occur to me that it might have been unplugged when moving the boards, so I didn't even mention it. My fault.

It can be a pain troubleshooting games, but you have to admit it's satisfying when you figure it out.

#7 8 years ago

Yep, the< < is a connection. The number in between says which pin on the connector it is. The bigger blocks have squares around all the pins on the same connection with labels above them, like 2j12 is the jack on the board and 2p12 is the plug that goes to that jack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Washington, KY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeNewberry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-tip-no-flippers?tu=JoeNewberry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.