• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mercury
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9781447140221-c1.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mercury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I am perplexed how the "Hot Tip" pinball machine is rated as one of the best ems

of all time..I have played it and like but it's not a top em in my humble opinion....I read

these reviews that reference this pin as of the best ems on the ipdb.org site. I have checked the internet for some other list

that rates this pin as one of the best and I have yet to find it ....I even checked the latest em rating list at ipdb.org

and Hot Tip comes in at 102...I have added some of the ipdb.org reviews for your viewing.

1. What a game, I was very surprised by how it played. Make no mistake about it, this is not an advanced DMD title, this is a pinball machine. The spin target is just a bit to the left, while the lone Jet Bumper is just a bit to the right. If you liked hanging out in the arcade and perfecting your shots this is the game for you. It's EM, so you get to hear the bells every time you hit something. But you get to feel the machine at the same time. It is subtle, almost nuanced as to the way the game plays. There is a reason this game is in the top 25 of all EM games, give it a try.

2.So this is my first pinball machine in my now just started collection. I wanted at least one EM game and this one came up for a good price and I took it. After getting it shopped out by my pinball guy this thing plays like its almost brand new. I can see why its rated highest EM. Real fast play, great old school bells. The artwork is pretty simple yet its interesting enough to just look at when you have nothing else to do.
Its definitely not an easy game. The left drain seems to be why 80% of your plays end. You start to think you are getting good, then you get knocked back down to reality. But thats the fun part to me. I almost want to modify it but that would be against pinball religion I think. I'm getting better though. Hit 650,000, but can be as low as 250,000 if you hit that left drain lane a few times.
At first this games look it seems pretty simple, but once you get playing a few times, it gets addicting. Ive had this said by several people who usually play XBOX and PS3 games, not just me. Usually their are about 10 "last games" before people leave and finally go home. All and all a great old school game.

Maybe I am missing the boat or some boat on this one.

Guess it just might be a Mystery that's just in time for Halloween LOL...

P.S.
Ignore the attachment on seizures.
It was pasted by accident with my ipdb reviews.
Another mystery to me;LOL

9781447140221-c1.pdf9781447140221-c1.pdf

#3 7 years ago

thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mercury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-tip-love-mystery?tu=Mercury and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.